Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Band Crew!!!!!

We have been doing south beachy type diet for the last two weeks, because we wanted to go down a little before the 2 weeks of liquid pre-diet we have to do. So we have been doing great, for 2 weeks, and just yesterday we decided that since on monday we start the 2 weeks of liquid, so what the hell, lets have frozen custard.

oops, that was bad. Do I learn my lesson??? Nope, tonight was 1/4 lbers with cheese, fries and a shake.

My body is so pissed at me. Last night I woke up and had, um, problems of the gassy nature, and then tonight I feel the same. Maybe my body is getting ready for the band, telling me that these things are for the past, and my new banded life is starting.

:hungry: :hungry: EQUALS :sick :sick

My husband and I are hysterical laughing that when they try and wheel me into surgery I'll still be clutching an egg mcmuffin yelling "get away from Breakfast bitch-its my last egg mcmuffin!!!!"

ohmigawd I am so so so sad

Surgery date August 4th at 6:30 am-thats 6:30 in the morning-I won't need any anesthisia (sp), I'll be out of it already.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hey Diva, I'll be the same way!:biggrin1: Thats why we need the band!

Hi Everyone, As I said before, I'm being banded August 31st. My doc has his patients go on Optifast for 2 weeks prior to the surg. (aug 17) to shrink the liver. I found a diet on one of the other boards called the Sacred Heart Medical Diet, it's kinda like the old cabbage Soup diet. I want to do this for a couple weeks(aug 3) before i start optifast. I reeeaaalyyy want to jumpstart the weightloss! wish me luck guys. :)

Good luck to everyone!!

I was preparing myself for bandland this time last year. It's hard to believe it's been almost a year.

Best wishes to you all!

Hi all,

As a medical professional for the last 12 yrs, I strongly recommend drawing up a living will / medical power of attorney whether you are contemplating surgery or not. There are too many times where unfortunate accidents happen and the injured party cannot make medical decisions for themselves. Unless you have these documents in place, the physician is the only one who can make these decisions even though a family member is present. If you truly want peace of mind, take care of it now. For those with elderly parents, this is really important. I am 35 and have one for myself and have encouraged my parents to do the same. You don't want to be faced with this legal issue in the middle of the immediate crisis. Just wanted to share....

Dh and I set up a living will and MPOA with our lawyer a couple weeks ago when we set up a trust/will. I'm trying not to be paranoid that the lawyer just called and wants us to come in and sign the final papers the day before my surgery. :paranoid It's just a coincidence, right? :rolleyes:

Hi. My surgery's set for 8/10 with Dr. Rumbaut. I've been on low carb for a couple weeks, but have to start the liquid diet 7 days :faint:prior to surgery in order to "shrink" my liver. So I am starting to pull together ideas for the liquid stage. Are any of you starting liquids soon? Kelli

Kelli,

I'm not required to go on a liquid diet but I think i am just to help my wonderful doctor. I'm being banded on Aug 3rd. I'm having a hard time kicking my but in to gear though to start it. hehehe.

OMG...I'm now down to one week before heading off to be banded!!! I'm now over the last supper syndrome and my nerves are kicking in so much that my appetite is now gone!!!! I think it's time to start taking my "before" pictures so that I can marvel at my sexiness coming through!

I'm not sure if I asked, but is there anyone being banded by Dr. Sanchez around the 1st? I'll be there on the 31st and departing on the 3rd.

Courtney,

I was thinking about taking my before pictures too. AHHH! Just have to figure out what to wear when I take them.

Courtney,

I was thinking about taking my before pictures too. AHHH! Just have to figure out what to wear when I take them.

Me too. I want one set in my undies(thank goodness for digital cameras, no developers to see them) and another set I'll actually show people!

Only 9 days to go and I am getting more and more excited. I have lost 12 pounds on the pre-op diet. I find myself not eating large portions because I am too excited about the procedure although it has been really hard to cut out the carbs. I am working out almost everyday and have found that my energy level has increased a bit. I have pretty much gone through all my "last suppers." I got all the food for the post op - broths, jellos, Unjury supplements, boost, V-8, etc. plus the meds for gas, liquid tylenol, etc. I am not able to get the pain Rx until I am discharged from the procedure which means we have to get it on the way home - I really don't care for that.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a Liquid Protein supplement that is soy rather than dairy based? Ensure, Boost, Carnation Instant Breakfast all have milk which I am sensitive to.

What do you guys plan to do about clothes? Since we're getting banded toward the end of summer, if/when we get to smaller sizes I'm betting it will be impossible to find any shorts to get us through till fall. I'm usually wearing shorts till at least the end of September. By then I hope I've dropped a size at least! ;) Luckily I live in jeans and sweatshirts for fall and winter. I figure I'll just get a couple pairs of jeans at a time so I'm not spending a fortune on them every time I drop a size. I'd rather do a load of laundry every couple days than waste money on jeans I won't be wearing for all that long! Although I'll have to make an exception for our trip to Disney in December. No laundry facilities, 2 kids, lots of walking around and eating out just spell trouble if I've only got 2 pairs with me! And sweatshirts are pretty forgiving, so those should be fine for a few size drops at least.