Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was thinking about you and wondering how things went today. I can't stop thinking about what you are going through. ((HUGS))

You're not a big baby! You are just having a rough time of it all. I had one horrible, hideous day and was mad at myself all day long for doing this: now, I'm puttering around recovering. Take good care of yourself and get better soon!

Since surgery I have dealt with pain in my chest, the PA (he works with my surgeon) I saw figured it was heartburn. So I was switched to Nexium and told to add in Zantac if it didn't help. For the first week the pain wasnt so bad, I had the occasional sharp pain. Then on Saturday the pain started to increase, it got worse Sunday, then Monday even worse.

Monday I are a gogurt and it hurt, I drank Water, it hurt. Everything did. Hubby got worried, came home and sent me to the ER. Because the pain is in the middle of my chest and radiates to the left under the left breast, they did an ekg and chest xray. Then I sat in pain in the waiting room for 4 hours.

Once I was finally called back, labs were done and looked funky. Surgeons came to check on me and ordered a ct. Took me hours and lots of pain to drink the contrast but I got it down. At 3am I was admitted to the hospital and receiving pain meds around the clock. I needed lots of fluids and potassium again, started receiving nausea meds and heartburn meds by iv as well.

My labs are still of so they are monitoring things and may need more tests. I had a scope done yesterday and sure enough I have a stricture and a hiatal hernia. They stretched the part of the sleeve and will watch the hernia, will start seeing gi to make sure I don't need another scope . One doctor suggested that I may consider converting to rny. No thanks! My throat is super sore from the scope too.

Still getting meds quite a bit and back on Clear liquids. If I tolerate it better, they will advance my diet sand once I can handle that I can go home.

At least now I don't feel like a big baby.

So if anyone is feeling like something is wrong, trust your body and get checked out.

Hi again everyone. Thanks for all the support and prayers. I'm stil in the hospital. Hoping to be discharged today or this weekend. Today we are doing a calorie challenge to see if I can get down enough to go home. This is the first real meal I'm eating in awhile and its just cream of wheat.

I have a PICC line in now and have been getting nutrition through that.

Ive since had another scope and there is a tiny hole at the top of my sleeve. My surgeon and the GI dr decided to glue it during my next scope. They have done enough tests that they felt it's not leaking so that is why I can start purees today. Nausea had been ahuge issues, lots of throwing up so hopefully purees stay down. I'm still on nausea meds so I'm hoping.

No idea on why the sleeve went into an L shape. They did use the fr bougie (i think that's the name) during surgery to guide. It seems that's just how my body healed.

Anyways, I hope to be home soon.

Thanks again for all the support.

Good hearing from you, i've been thinking about you. I'm glad things seem to be getting better, I know you're ready to be home!!! Sounds like that will be soon.

Thanks for the update. I hope you are feeling better and get to go home soon (tomorrow). Sending up prayers for you.

I hope you get enough calories in to be able to go home! Hang in there and I hope you feel bettersmile.gif

Oooh, so glad to hear you're doing a little better. I've been checking every day to see if you have posted. So the doctors are no longer trying to talk you into a roux-en-y, right? Good! Best wishes for your continued recovery!!

SO glad to hear that you are moving towards mushies, purees, etc. and it is wonderful that there is a possibility that you can go home and continue to rest and recover!! I keeping thinking about you and have been hoping that you will be released soon. I'm sure this has been horribly traumatic for you and your family. Hang in there and hopefully soon this will all be a distant memory.

I AM HOME!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

They still fought me to stay but I really just need to be home, I forced myself into eating some awful looking pureed foods today and I was able to get more fluids in. The glue we were waiting on still wasn't in on time for me to get scoped and glued today so I will get it done at the GI's this upcoming week as well as followups with surgery.

I am just praising the Lord I am home. To hear my 7 year old tell me how much he missed me was breaking my heart. The girls are younger, they said it too but the way my little man said it just made me know I had to get home ASAP and be here to really heal. makes me all teary eyed thinking about it.

SOme of the surgeons still suggest a revision to RNY might help but forget that junk. I chose the sleeve for a reason and somehow, someway I will make this work out. One dr today said he wasn't hanging up his hat but he is hopeful that things will just get better from here.

Came home with more pain meds, more heartburn meds, more nausea meds too so hoping everything stays in check and gets better.

And boy was it nice to get home to a nice clean house wiht dinner in the crockpot, all ready to be pureed up tonight ;) I couldn't possibly even describe how great my husband has been through this whole thing.

So glad to be home and thank you all for the support!! Heres hoping this Water weight comes off quickly too so I can really get back into the game again :)

Excellent that you are home!! I've been sneaking on here to see more news of you. Your husband is definitely a keeper, does he have a brother? He hee. So glad you are on the mend, please keep us updated as to any more issues!!

So glad to hear u r home! Sounds like u have a wonderful family and support system, which is exactly what u need.

LOL Griselda, his brother is not near as awesome as he is and hes married anyways ;)

I am so thankful to be home, it was so miserable in the hospital. Now Im still having some issues but its better to deal with them here than sharing a room with people you dont know and being miserable. The family is taking great care of me, I just need to get some strength back. Right now my body is incredibly weak and I'm easily overwhelmed by too much noise, hopefully it will only take a few days to readjust.