Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We're buying this house (PICS)

TRICIA!!! That house is amazing!!! And us floridians agree...that house here, with all of the property and the size and the style would EASILY be $750k here. What a beautiful place!!! I design kitchens and baths and I am in love with that kitchen! I love the cafe au lait color of the cabs and the lighting is great! You are truly blessed. I want to visit during the summer and sit on the porch during a storm!! OMG how peaceful!

Hey Tricia! - We can always START a LBT House party. :confused:

I keep looking at these house pictures because they're so beautiful & even showed my husband. He is big into buying land & real estate. That house here in AZ would sell for close to a million. NO JOKE!! Beautiful home Tricia. We are looking at buying a peice of land on 1 acre & it's selling for $350,00. That's JUST the land! Yeah, count your blessings that you live where you do. I am thrilled for you.

(((Im here in Lake Charles - SW Louisiana. 2 hours west of BR)))

That's one awesome house. When I looked a the outdoor pictures, I knew it was good ole' Louisiana - aka alligator land ((j/k)).

just BEAUTIFUL!!!

So, why are the people selling??

Funny - thanks! We're in love with this house too. I walked in and my jaw dropped. I would love to have people visit. We don't know that many people here. Come on up!

Meow - I'm sorry you're not able to view the pictures. It might be because you're on dial up. I've uploaded the pics to my server and they're showing for (almost) everyone else.

Diane - LOL...that would be fun! I would have to run it by the dear husband but I would love to start one at my house!

Paula - my husband posted photos on another message board and other people knew it was in Louisiana as well. I'm not originally from here so I guess I don't understand how people can tell. In any event, I'm madly in love with it. I can't wait to move in and enjoy the house, pool, land, etc. The man selling the house is single and was originally leasing the house with option to buy. He exercised his right to purchase shortly after Katrina because he had no where else to go. He never wanted to own it but really had no choice at the time. So now he basically wants to unload it because he already found another place to buy. He said that before Katrina, it appraised for $40k more than what he's selling it to us for. We're hoping that the appraisal we're having done on it shows at LEAST a 10-11% increase AFTER Katrina. BTW - our current home recently (last week) appraised for 44% more than what we bought it for last year.

SORRY FOR HIJACKING THREAD, BUT.....

wait... back up here. You are coming to Florida? I am in Florida. When? Can we meet up? Telly can't keep you all to herself!!!! OMG I would be so excited.

SORRY FOR HIJACKING THREAD, BUT.....

wait... back up here. You are coming to Florida? I am in Florida. When? Can we meet up? Telly can't keep you all to herself!!!! OMG I would be so excited.

LOL...that's ok. Yes, next Monday we're going to Eustis, which is about an hour away from Orlando. We'll be arriving late in the evening but we'll be there until Sunday morning. Where are you? If you're close, maybe we can coordinate everyone meeting at the same time.

Tricia,

Your home is absolutely beautiful! It's very unique and it has a great color scheme and design. I love houses from the South. (I'm from New England) l wish you and your family many years of love, joy and happiness in your new home. I don't know how big your last house was, but cleaning a home that is almost 4,000 sqft. SUCKS!! I have 4500 Sqft. and I keep begging for a maid to come in. LOL A quick hint.. what works for me is I start at one end of the house and I move along to the other side. What doesn't get done the first day, gets done the next.

:eek:

LOL, she's mine! All minnnnnnneeeee. Buhahahahahaha!

Tricia,

Your home is absolutely beautiful! It's very unique and it has a great color scheme and design. I love houses from the South. (I'm from New England) l wish you and your family many years of love, joy and happiness in your new home. I don't know how big your last house was, but cleaning a home that is almost 4,000 sqft. SUCKS!! I have 4500 Sqft. and I keep begging for a maid to come in. LOL A quick hint.. what works for me is I start at one end of the house and I move along to the other side. What doesn't get done the first day, gets done the next.

:eek:

Thank you very much. The home we're currently in is 1600 sq. ft. living. This new house is 3000 sq. ft. living but approx. 4000 sq. ft. total counting the carports, porches and pool house. I'm hoping it won't be a hassle to clean. Thankfully, except for the bedrooms upstairs, the floors are stained concrete or hardwood, which I've found to be easier to clean. And, thanks for the hint!

LOL...that's ok. Yes, next Monday we're going to Eustis, which is about an hour away from Orlando. We'll be arriving late in the evening but we'll be there until Sunday morning. Where are you? If you're close, maybe we can coordinate everyone meeting at the same time.

OMG count me in too!!! We are so having a florida meeting!!! You can't count me out. I will even be without kids cause we are dropping them off with the inlaws this weekend!!

So where are we meeting???

OMG count me in too!!! We are so having a florida meeting!!! You can't count me out. I will even be without kids cause we are dropping them off with the inlaws this weekend!!

So where are we meeting???

Wow...this is becoming quite the event! As soon as I get some sort of schedule out of my husband, I'll have a better idea of when and where. Telly mentioned something about dinner and a comedy club, which is right up our alley. I'm thinking Friday night would be best but, again, I need a definite schedule from the hubby.

We should all exchange cell numbers so that we can keep in touch. Telly and I have already done so.

I don't know. I think we need to put a thread out there that TRICIA IS COMING ...

I am sure lot's of us would love to hook up here in Florida.

What do you say?

I don't know. I think we need to put a thread out there that TRICIA IS COMING ...

I am sure lot's of us would love to hook up here in Florida.

What do you say?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,

MY EYES! THEY'RE BLEEDING!