Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We're buying this house (PICS)

The seller just accepted our offer, we should be moving in the first week of August. I LOVE this house!!

It's a 5 year old Victorian, 2880sq ft living, over 4000sq ft total, on 2 acres.

The outside of the house (That's not the street you see there, it's a circular driveway, the house sits quite a ways back from the road)

outside01.jpg

outside02.jpg

outside03.jpg

outside04.jpg

outside05.jpg

outside06.jpg

OMG I'm so jealous...is that a screened or glassed in sunporch? That is a beautiful house...Congrats!!:clap2:
Thank you! No screen or glass porch but the porches are gorgeous. In the shade, it's bearable even in hot and humid Louisiana.

The front door. (All the doors are distressed wood and have beveled glass)

frontdoor01.jpg

Stained concrete floors in the living and dining rooms, and the kitchen.

floor01.jpg

Front yard

frontyard01.jpg

Back yard

backyard01.jpg

backyard02.jpg

Such a pretty house! Is that a pool, too? It lookes very homey - I love the porch and the carport is so "Louisiana". They just don't have carports anywhere but the deep South. Yeah they try to get all fancy with the "porte coche" in some homes, but it's not the same. My family is from Jennings and Opelousas. (Where y'at, bra?) What part of La. are you in? I'm a native Texan, myself, but I went to LSU and New Orleans is where my corn-fed Kansas husband and I fell in love - awww! We were so sad when Katrina hit.

Congratulations new home owner!

Edited to add: I love the floors! The lot is just so green and lush so "Louisiana", once again. I don't know if I'd ever want to live there again, but I do miss it so much! We got to visit quite a bit when my brother-in-law lived in La Place, but they've moved on to Augusta, Ga. We' d wanted to go to NOLA for our 15th anniversary just like we had for our 10th, but then Katrina hit. We'll be going back, though, can't keep us away!

Such a pretty house! Is that a pool, too? It lookes very homey - I love the porch and the carport is so "Louisiana". They just don't have carports anywhere but the deep South. Yeah they try to get all fancy with the "porte coche" in some homes, but it's not the same. My family is from Jennings and Opelousas. (Where y'at, bra?) What part of La. are you in? I'm a native Texan, myself, but I went to LSU and New Orleans is where my corn-fed Kansas husband and I fell in love - awww! We were so sad when Katrina hit.

Congratulations new home owner!

Thanks so much. Yes, there is a pool and a hot tub. I'll post more pictures soon. I love the porches too.

I've only lived in Louisiana for a little over 2 years. I grew up in Oregon and then lived in New Jersey for 9 years prior to moving here. My husband has lived in Louisiana for about 14-15 years. We currently live in Hammond but this house is in neighboring Livingston Parish.

I am so happy for you! That is a fabulous house and love all the trees around it. Is that a swimming pool in the back?

Pool, hot tub, and pool house with bathroom and showers. We'll be using something other than lattice. (The pool is empty because the liner was being replaced)

pool01.jpg

pool02.jpg

poolhouse01.jpg

Tricia, great southern home. I miss my home in Ga. Nothing like that down here in St. Pete that's for sure. Good job.... That home here would be atleast 750,000.......... go girl.

Banded June 21, 2006

weight.png

Thanks, everyone. Here are some more pictures.

Small living room downstairs

living01.jpg

Large living room/family room upstairs

upstairsden01.jpg

Kitchen (the barstools are going and we're getting a stainless refridgerator to match the rest of the appliances)

kitchen01.jpg

kitchen02.jpg

Formal dining room

dining01.jpg

Master bath

bath01.jpg

bath02.jpg

Congratulations and I wish you and your family a home filled with love and happiness.