Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Well after being stuck for nearly a month and a half I got angry and decided to shut my mouth and open my eyes. I raised the level of exercise and I really paid attention to my portions. 7 pounds gone. In a week. :whoo: Katie, I took my own advice and just rededicated myself. :rockon: It was also a birthday present to myself. Bday's not until Friday and I'm a little worried with the partying that will be taking place. Although we're drinkers, not eaters when celebrating. So I'll really have to be good to maintain the loss over the next week.

One other suggestion, maybe we should have monthly challenges for weight loss? It seems like we kind of lost motivation, well I know I did. What's everyone think? That way we can have more frequent celebrations of our success. :peace:

July 4th Challenge

Week 8

Name.............................Starting….Current…...Goal….....To Go

losingjusme..(Christine)......317...........305 .............295...........10

tann.............(Tammy)........257.......... 235..............232......... ..03

juliegeraci..........................232.......... 232..............220...........12

Josette..............................340.......... 329..............315...........14

Inner_me.....(Chris).......... ..306...........296 .............280...........16

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. .281....... ...271 .............260...........11

Waterlily1072...(Nicole)...... 278..... .....272 .............252...........20

Libra..(Angela)................... 230...........219........... ..205...........14

Lapbandit……...............… .208……….206……..…..185…….....21

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. ..281..........269 .............256............13

FaithMD........................ .. 341.5........324..............310.. .........14

7 pounds in a week? That's awesome Carol! Great job!!!!

Maybe a shorter challege would help to keep us motivated. This one is pretty long, although I'm kind of glad since I didn't lose for a few weeks in between.

I have to get this move out of the way before I'm mentally focused again. We have to be out of our house and into the new one before June 30th...Am I packed yet? Not a chance!!! Arrrrgggghhh!

Carol, wow 7lbs!! you are truly focused now. I also would like a monthly challenge, I already challenge myself to lose at least 10lbs a month. Most months I lose between 12-18 lbs a month. Maybe we can start the new challenge on July 5th.

Wow, you guys made me tear up! It is a great group of people on here! Tann, Libra, Elizabeth Carol Christine and all of the others who faithfully encourage me, I love you guys! I am going to the gym now, 45 minutes, it helps if I say it out loud LOL. Send good vibes tomorrow because my 2nd official weigh in and my 2nd fill. I will write tomorrow and let you know! Big sloppy kiss to all my girls and thanks for becoming my friends, even better than some of the friends I have here in the real world.

**sigh** i dont even know where to begin. sunday i started having 'pressure' in my chest. it would come and go and get worse when i bent over. Monday morning i woke up about 130 and literally could not breathe my chest hurt so much. great - i lose almost 100 pounds and NOW i have a freaking heart attack ..

went to the ER, many tests, blood, x rays, etc they even gave me nitro pill ... not a heart attack thank god. it's costo condritis.

but now my heart hurts and the ER doc said take it easy until i feel better. after reading about this on the net, i may never feel 100% again .. moving makes it worse ... **sigh** this is so not good. :think

Remember Katie, the force is with you and if it's not...we are!!

Angela, good luck with the move. I know it's hard work but a great calorie burner!

Christine, oh my goodness how I feel for you. Try explaining costochondritis to an 8 year old. My daughter had it and she would just look at me and wince in pain. We finally got a name for it after multiple tests. We were told, I think, ibuprofen to take because it's an inflammation of the breast bone. Did you get in a wrestling match with Mickey?? :) I'm sorry you're feeling badly but it does come and go. My daughter no longer experiences the pain but it's been 13 years. Keep the faith and hopefully it'll pass for you too.

Many hugs to all! And it looks like monthly challenges might work better for us so we could start on 7/5 like Tammy suggested. And Tammy! you go girl. I'd love to count on that much a month. Hopefully I can do the same.

Hi Chris. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a terrible time of it with the Costochondritis. As an RN, I would encourage you to make a follow-up appointment with your regular MD or a cardiologist. Costochondritis is not common in the 30-40's age group so it would be best to get more testing to make sure you're OK.

Since costochondritis can either be viral (reponds to anti-inflammatory meds such as motrin) or bacterial (you'd need an antibiotic), blood cultures would determine which type you had. I hope you have a better night.

Chris,

This may be a terrible blow, but don't give up hope. Thank goodness we have Elisabeth here to offer good, solid medical advice. Make sure you're properly diagnosed and the professionals are doing all they can for you.

Once you know where you stand, we can work on how to adjust to whatever necessary changes you may need to make. In the meantime, take the time you need to feel better and not worry about weight loss right now.

Ridin', you're right! Moving and entire household is a great calorie burner! Thanks for pointing me to the bright side of this! Oh, and I have a really HUGE closet in my new house for all of my skinny clothes! LOL!!

Katie, make sure you check in with us after your fill!

I forgot to put this in the other post!!! Tann....you impress the heck out of me!!! My hope is for 10 pounds a month! You, of course, are kicking some butt!!!

July 4th Challenge

Week 8

tann.............(Tammy)........257.......... 231..............232......... ..0

juliegeraci..........................232.......... 232..............220...........12

Josette..............................340.......... 329..............315...........14

Inner_me.....(Chris).......... ..306...........296 .............280...........16

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. .281....... ...271 .............260...........11

Libra..(Angela)................... 230...........219........... ..205...........14

Lapbandit……...............… .208……….206……..…..185…….....21

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. ..281..........269 .............256............13

FaithMD........................ .. 341.5........324..............310.. .........14

I lost 3 lbs this week which puts me under my goal:DHey, but I'll still hang around until July 4th to lose some bonus pound:biggrin1:

Chris, I'm so sorry to hear about what you are going thru, you are in my prayers. I would that Elisabeth's advice and get more testing done.

Thanks Katie, Libra & Carol for the encouraging words. I get alot of pm's from people asking me what am I doing to lose weight. I just try to follow my doctor's diet which is lean Proteins, non starchy veggies, Water and to get at least 30 min of cardio a day. When ever I stick to his rules the weight comes off, when I do my own thang, I either stall, or gain weight. So it's worth it to me to stay on his plan.

July 4th Challenge

Week 8

tann.............(Tammy)........257.......... 231..............232......... ..0

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. .281....... ...271 .............260...........10

Lapbandit……...............… .208………..206……..…..185…….....21

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. ..281...........269 .............256...........13

FaithMD........................ ... 341.5........324..............310.. ........14

Tann, congratulations on meeting your challenge and going beyond! You're an inspiration. I'm maintaining this week but will have an "official" weigh-in when I see the surgeon's PA next Monday. I've been very strict with my eating plan this past week so the scale should move in a few days.

Good luck to everyone.

Elisabeth,

thanks so much for the information. the ER doc was NO HELP whatsoever. it was the end of his shift and i guess i should consider myself "lucky" he took the time to sign the scripts... grrrr... the one thing he did tell me is it is NOT uncommon in 20 - 30 yr olds (just turned 36 Sunday) ...

i am somewhat better, it gets worse about 130 - 200 in the morning, so i took Tylenol before i went to bed last night and that seemed to work.

my MD is out of town until next week so i have to wait. hopefully i will be much better by then.

thanks everyone for your support, i really appreciate it.

Christine

:happybday2:CHRIS:happybday2::happybday::):happybday::):cocktail::humble:

Hello to the beautiful people!!! 2nd fill is now done, plus afterwards I got my hair cut! Can you believe that ticker?? Even with the vacation and no restriction lost another 5lbs. Plus it is right in middle of TOM. I didn't get to go to the gym today because I just got home and now have to leave for work, but I will be back at it tomorrow.

Chris, try not to worry ( I know easy for me to say) but maybe time will tell a different story for you and you will be able to heal?? I will pray for you. I know nothing of medicine but I do know second opinions sometimes are needed. I know you will get through it, if there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

Thanks for all the great words of encouragement and Congrats on all of the jobs well done, weight loss and exercise wise!! You guys keep me going.

Well, its Clear Liquids for 24 hrs after this fill. I hope I tell a difference when I can start eating normal again. Big sloppy kiss to all of you!!