Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

:whoo: Christine!!! :whoo: You're doing it! Success in spite of struggles is a great thing!

Keep up the great work!

Nicole, I was wondering where you were. Good luck with the new job. You'll get used to the 'grind' and the schedule changes in no time!

Well I survived my bday weekend but I'm not getting on the scale until weigh in day and a couple of really well behaved days...lol I'm afraid of what all the celebrating did.

I was sooooooo bad yesterday!!! I always tend to overdo it when I'm sick and (lucky me) I have strep and a sinus infection. So, I was already dealing with the munchies.

Yesterday I took my son for ice cream. I ordered the fat free sugar free yogurt and the machine wasn't working...so I decided to have a regular chocolate cone. (my first bad)

Then about an hour later, I'm at my parents for Father's Day and I see that they have the tastykake Peanut Butter candy cakes. I ate it! (my second bad!)

Then after dinner I had a rice krispies treat! (my third bad)

I was obviously have a "gimme something sweet" attack.

Turns out that my "monthly friend" showed up this morning. I suppose that would explain the cravings.

Yesterday was a bad, bad day!!!! LOL!!

Libra,

dontcha just hate TOM!!?? grrrrr... the only good thing about it, i am tight tight tight and cant really eat much at all. so after the Water weight finally leaves, i am down a good amount!

i tried to update my totals, but cant go to old messages, the page is blank ... :)

i am loving low carbing it right now!!! down 14 pounds last week (i think its a combo of low carb and getting rid of my water weight).

i am exactly 1/2 way to my final goal of losing 222 pounds! :(

July 4th Challenge

Week 8

Name.............................Starting….Current…...Goal….....To Go

losingjusme..(Christine)......317...........291 .............295...........-4

tann.............(Tammy)........257.......... 231..............232......... ..0

juliegeraci..........................232.......... 232..............220...........12

Josette..............................340.......... 329..............315...........14

Inner_me.....(Chris).......... ..306...........295 .............280...........15

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. .281....... ...271 .............260...........10

Waterlily1072...(Nicole)...... 278..... .....272 .............252...........20

Libra..(Angela)................... 230...........219........... ..205...........14

Lapbandit……...............… .208………..206……..…..185…….....21

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. ..281...........269 .............256...........13

FaithMD............................ 341.5........322..............310.. ........12

posting really late, but here it is!

Hey all,

I haven't been around the past couple of days. I stained a privacy fence on Saturday and yesterday had to work OT (forced) at work. I feel like my booty has been kicked today. At least no overtime tonight!

I haven't gone to the gym in the last couple of days either because I am so tired. I just wanted to say hello to you all and I hope you have a great week.~ciao!

Hi everyone ;)

I find out sometime this week if I made it to the top ten to be tested then at some point the top 3 to be interviewed. I know I have a good chance as along as they are willing to deal with the switch from temp to perm which can be a pain. Meanwhile this is week 3 in the position on a temp basis and I think it's going well. Yesterday on my lunch break I ran home to grab my gym clothes and went to pay my gym bill then after work I headed over there and did a short but intense workout. Ududally when I walk I go for 30 minutes all on flat surface. Yesterday I did a decent size incline for 15 minutes and for a hcnage was sweating like a pig so I think I did good even if it was a shorter workout. The scale is not budging yet but then last week was not a stellar week for me with adjusting to a lot less time to cook and t.o.m. those candy cravings just about killed me. I really was craving Cookies but at least I didn't go there, lol. Hopefully if I can get to the gym each day this week I will see some progress! Have a great day everyone :)

Oh Chris, that's a great idea how you posted -4, and Congrats on making under goal:biggrin1:When I weigh in tomorrow I will post like that too.

July 4th Challenge

Week 8

juliegeraci..........................232.......... 232..............220...........12

Josette..............................340.......... 329..............315...........14

Inner_me.....(Chris).......... ..306...........295 .............280...........15

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. .281....... ...270 .............260...........9

Libra..(Angela)................... 230...........219........... ..205...........14

FaithMD............................ 341.5........322..............310.. ........12

The scale is moving and I've got 9 pounds to go to make my goal. I hope to kiss the 70's bye-bye this week.

Just wanted to tell all of you that I did 60 minutes on the treadmill today. Actually, a very funny story. I was finishing up my cool down at 45 min and a friend that I didn't know was at the gym climbed up on the treadmill next to me, not to walk herself, just to say hello to me. Well, she stood there (she's so skinny!!) and talked to me and I was SWEATING!!! and huffing and she just kept on talking and was dying, but I just acted like no big deal, so when she finally left I had done about 65 minutes!! OMG! It's funny now, but I thought I was going to die! She had been at an aerobic class and just happened to see me on her way out. I was happy when I left the gym but I hope that doesn't happen again, it was embarrassing.

Anyway, I am glad to see everyone. Ciao.

One more thing, when do you guys weigh, and where?? I don't own a scale at home. When you guys say weigh day, what does that mean? Once a week, once every two weeks once a month?? I am just curious, if you don't mind sharing. Is it normal to only have lost 20 lbs in 2 months? I feel like I am behind the learning curve. OK, enough of the one more thing, more like lots more things.

LOL Katie, good job at the gym btw! Some people weigh every day and others only when they go to the doctor, everyone is different. I go between weighing everyday to weighing in once a week or so. I don't have any specific times that I weigh just when I feel like checking. As for 20lbs in 2 months you are perfect! 1-2 pounds a week is what we are supposed to expect. Some lose much faster then that but they are exceptions to the rule.

Well on the job front, I passed the first round and was one of the 10 people who were chosen to go through the skills testing. I get to give up my lunch break today and tomorrow to go do it. Wish me luck, the top three from the testing will go on to the final interview and background check. Yikes I'm nervous!

July 4th Challenge

Week 8

FaithMD............................ 341.5........327..............310.. ........17

Son of a BIT*H! I gained 5 pounds! Oh well, I'm sure a large part of it is T.O.M as well as "last supper" syndrome. I didn't go nutso, but I *did* eat things I haven't had in six or seven months (Oreo's are soooo yummy!) like fresh bread with olive oil, milk, Garden Salsa flavored Sun chips, etc.

Band Day tomorrow!

faith,

so sorry you gained. 'last supper(s)' will do that to you. you have done so well though, that i have no doubt that you will be an awesome bandster!!!

mmmmmmm oreos and bread ... i miss bread...

Christine, I hear ya. I will definitely miss fresh bread. I haven't had white bread in months (I started eating only whole grains/fiber enriched breads in February) and I had a container of those dipping spices in the cabinet... Mmmmmm

I hope I'm a good bandster. I've tried pertty hard to get accustomed to eating slowly, tiny bites, etc. It's the portions that will be tough. But I can do anything (I tell myself) to be smaller.

I'd be happy to hit 199 at some point. I don't have to get near 167, that's just what MetLife says I should be.

July 4th Challenge

Week 8

tann.............(Tammy)........257.......... 228............232........... ..-3

FaithMD............................ 341.5........327..............310.. ........17