Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Can I just say "phew" only one pound up after all the bday celebrating. I'm thankful for that. Was supposed to go to the doctor on Tuesday but I postponed for two weeks. Not really in need of a fill. Last time that happened within two weeks I was starving. So I thought I'd go an extra 2 to see what happens.

Tammy and Christine! Congrats on surpassing your goals! Nicole, extra good luck on the position. Sounds like you have great odds in your favor. Faith!!! Best of luck tomorrow. Remember you'll be uncomfortable but it will pass. Just keep the end goal in site!! Big hugs to you!!

July 4th Challenge

Week 8

Name.............................Starting….Current…...Goal….....To Go

losingjusme..(Christine)......317...........291 .............295...........-4

tann.............(Tammy)........257.......... 228............232........... ..-3

juliegeraci..........................232.......... 232..............220...........12

Josette..............................340.......... 329..............315...........14

Inner_me.....(Chris).......... ..306...........295 .............280...........15

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. .281....... ...270 .............260...........9

Waterlily1072...(Nicole)...... 278..... .....272 .............252...........20

Libra..(Angela)................... 230...........219........... ..205...........14

Lapbandit……...............… .208………..206……..…..185…….....21

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. ..281...........270 .............256...........14

FaithMD............................ 341.5........327..............310.. ........17

Molly-Don't be nervous, you'll be awesome I just know it!!

How about the rest of you, tell me your weigh in routines, Don't be shy now. Tell me how and where and how often etc. Molly, also thanks for saying 20 lbs in 2 months is ok. I feel a little disappointed sometimes. BTW, did I get my butt to the gym today, NO!! I slept in and then remembered I had to be at work early and was almost late! LOL So that extra from yesterday is all for naught. I also ate buffalo wings tonight. I want more restriction so bad! Now entering guiltville, next stop trytoget outofguiltville! Hope everyone has a great day on Thursday!! You are all beautiful! I've seen the pics!

I'm obsessive and end up weighing myself almost daily. I know that's wrong but I'm so nervous about gaining that I have to check every morning. I tend to get really frusterated when the scale doesn't move. I'm trying to cut down to twice a week. LOL!!

Tammy and Christine...you guys rock! Excellent job!

I'm struggling a bit with all the commotion of moving and all. It looks like our closing may be delayed a week or two so my frusteration will continute a little longer. Grrrr! I'd like to get it over with already.

For those of you that are doing the low carb thing, can you give me some details as to what you're doing. Maybe a sample of what you eat in a day. I need to jump start a little here, I'm in an eating rut and need to bust out of it!

Thanks so much for the link. I'm going to give a little low carbing a try. I'll take some time to look over what I'll need in the house and hit the grocery store. Sounds like a good idea to me!

i'm only down 1.5, my body does NOT like low cal, but i am going to stick with it for another few weeks.

one bad thing - today i worked out with my trainer and i did not feel very strong ... does that make sense?

Yes it does makes sense, especially since you just started and your body is working with fewer calories and fat, but your exercise level is the same. I went thru that too, but I and my body have adjusted now. Make sure you keep up with your Water intake.

July 4th Challenge

Week 8

Name.............................Starting….Current…...Goal….....To Go

losingjusme..(Christine)......317...........291 .............295...........-4

tann.............(Tammy)........257.......... 228............232........... ..-3

juliegeraci..........................232.......... 232..............220...........12

Josette..............................340.......... 329..............315...........14

Inner_me.....(Chris).......... ..306...........295 .............280...........15

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth).. .281....... ...270 .............260...........9

Waterlily1072...(Nicole)...... 278..... .....272 .............252...........20

Libra..(Angela)................... 230...........218........... ..205...........13

Lapbandit……...............… .208………..206……..…..185…….....21

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol).. ..281...........270 .............256...........14

FaithMD............................ 341.5........327..............310.. ........17

Okay, so maybe I won't be making my goal for this challenge but between my brother's wedding and moving...I'm happy still seeing losses.

Faith, let us know how the surgery went when you're feeling up to posting. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

It went okay. I got a small AP band and was in some SERIOUS pain after the OR. I don't remember much during the time they started rolling me into the OR and when I woke up in my room, but I do remember moaning and screaming about the pain. I also remember someone telling me to stop moaning and that wasting energy like that doesn't help. I told her I know, but it makes *me* feel better. So she gave me more pain meds.

The surgeon gave my box (from the band) to my husband, and the booklet on how to place it was in there, now DH is joking that he could fix a slip or fill me.

I stayed overnight and was on a morphine PCA, I hated the feeling it gave me of not being able to stay awake, but I appreciated the pain control. Especially because I was up walking to the bathroom about every two hours.

I'm home drinking my liquid diet and eating my popsicles and my Lortab Elixir. I also have a Scopalomine patch behind my ear, Reglan every six hours, prevacid and compazine suppositories. I think they don't want you to vomit!

Faith,

Congratulations and I hope you are feeling ok. I have been very bad this weekend with my eating. It is so hard to change. I do really well some days and some days I just slip back into old habits. My NP told me that after the next fill I will probably not be able to slip into old habits anymore. She says I will most definitely feel restriction with fill #3 and that fill is on the 10th of July. It's weird, but I do better on days I have to go into work. Those are the days I go to the gym usually and when I am in the all day mode. Do you know what I mean?? I have had 2 fills and can actually eat as much as before, but I do feel very full. Before I never felt full, I felt bottomless. I hope you can relate to anything I have posted, I feel like I am asking myself at the time of this post, do they know what I mean??? Anyway, let me know. Luv my twoterbuds! I will be there soon!

Be strong young Katiewalker..... ;) I felt the same way. Seemed like I could eat anything. I had my third fill last month and I would agree that there is more of a difference. I still have to really watch myself at night because it's easier for me to eat then. I was supposed to go back on the 19th for an appt but I knew I didn't need a fill. The last time I went and didn't get a fill within 2 weeks I was grumbly hungry and really in need of it. This time I rescheduled my appt for 2 weeks later to see how I feel then. The hardest part of this is dealing with the habits we had before. I know weekends are usually a shut down time frame where kicking back for me leads to the old habits of boredom eating. I have to get up and get moving to avoid that. Luckily I have my Harley and my HOG chapter helping with that. Keeping busy with new stuff and not at home as much. Just keep fighting the fight! You're doing great!!!

Faith, congratulations on getting your band. The pain will pass and as you see the pounds start to drop you'll forget about the pain completely. Sort of like childbirth...lol If anyone remembered how much pain that were in they wouldn't do it again. Luckily for us, this is a one time thing!

:peace:

Thanks! I just posted some incision pics on Scar Stages. I'm so far fairly fortunate, I have very little bruising. But my belly remains totally numb around my big port incision. I should probably be grateful for that.