Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to "TWOterville"

Carol!!! Thanks for the kind words and you can call me whatever you like. I hope all of you have a great holiday weekend, I will be working every single day of it. I am a Police Dispatcher and we work 365 days, my holidays off this year are Halloween and the day after Thanksgiving!! LOL I am working every other one! I work 2nd shift too, which makes it twice as hard to get together because that's when everyone plans to be together, not at 10am!

I love hearing your stories all, of how and how much and the process so if you will share I would love to hear your stories.

Ciao Bellas!!!

Ugh bbq #1 over and I ate half a hamburger, some Pasta salad (1/2cup) and 3 small pieces of cake that added up to one big piece of cake (had to try some of each :)) Then in the car on the 2hr drive home I ate a bunch of candy as the kuids and dh were passing it around the car. I'm sure I didn't make any progress today and now I feel yuck from all the sugar. Monday's will be better because I won't have the sugary Desserts or candy around. That in itself will be a big improvement. Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend.

Oh and glad to hear that LapBandit is doing ok :)

KATIE, I work in law enforcement too, and we have to work holidays. I'm working Monday, it's OK it's extra $$$$ so I can go shopping. I work in our Records Dept.

It looks like a few of us are shift workers. I'm an RN and work 12 hour night shifts. I'm working the holiday also.

Tann and Elizabeth,

I am happy to hear that there are others of us fighting the shift and holiday blues, not that I am happy you guys have to work the holiday, it's just that it really is a different battle with food when you are on a weird shift and hunger seems to go with the stress of the job!

You are right about the extra money though, it will be nice because I get that check the day before we go on vaca to Florida!! I can't wait, I need to get out of town.

Love you guys for replying!! Friends make this road so much easier. Especially the ones who have been there and can show me the way.

Happy Sunday!

Hello all! How's everyone? Happy Memorial Day! My weekend has been pretty good. After work on Friday I went to the cemetary with my dad to put flowers on my mom and 2 brothers graves...that made me want to eat! I came home though and got some sleep and Saturday morning we got up early and headed up north so DH could get together with a group of men to fly remote control airplanes and helicopters. That's DH's hobby. I got to do some reading and so that was relaxing. After that we went to my sister in laws boyfriends place. He lives on a lake. We spent two days there and it was beautiful and relaxing. We played in a texas horse shoes tournement and I won! well me and my partner! It was a great time. Part of Sunday we spent out of the lake in a pontoon. I got a bit of sun! I was proud of myself. I didn't eat like crazy and kept pretty busy. Today I just got a lot of house cleaning done. Right now DH is outside grilling steaks for us.

I hope you're all doing well!

We just sold our house and are moving in a month so I spend the weekend doing a lot of cleanup and packing! At least I didn't have too much time to eat. My only "bad" was on Sunday, when we went for Hibachi for my step-son's birthday. I did okay on the meal but HAD to have a piece of ice cream cake!

I've been pretty stalled for a while but surprisingly I somehow managed to start fitting into 14's which didn't fit a few weeks ago!

Wow Libra 14's! That's great!

I was bad this weekend but tomorrow I get my fill and then everything will be great I just know it! In the mean time I am a bit nervous. I haven't been on a job interview in years! They asked me to bring 3 professional references and I have a friend who was at one time my supervisor at a different company than she works now and my husband (I am his admin for his business) oh and a letter from a former temporary employer. It is really weak and that makes me nervous. It is so hard to break back into the world of work! I called all the places I used to work ages ago and none of them keep records dating that far back! And none of them have the same people working there to remember me either. OK I am done whining, lol. Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Darn TOM anyway...back up two....grrrr...theme from Rocky starting in my head. Have to find a way to break through this stuck position.

Nicole, good luck on the interview. Just be yourself and you'll do great!

Angela, congrats on the 14's!! That's a great NSV.

July 4th Challenge

Week 7

Name.............................Starting….Current…...Goal….....To Go

losingjusme..(Christine)......317...........305 .............295...........10

tann.............(Tammy)........257.......... 239..............232...........07

juliegeraci.........................232.......... 232..............220...........12

Josette.............................340.......... 329..............315...........14

Inner_me.....(Chris)............306...........298 .............280...........18

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth)...281..........273 .............260...........13

Waterlily1072...(Nicole)..... 278..........272 .............252...........20

Libra..(Angela)...................230...........222.............205...........17

Lapbandit……...............… 208……….206……..…..185…….....21

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol)....281..........276 .............256............20

FaithMD.......................... 341.5........327..............310.. .........17

July 4th Challenge

Week 7

Name.............................Starting….Current…...Goal….....To Go

losingjusme..(Christine)......317...........305 .............295...........10

tann.............(Tammy)........257.......... 236..............232...........04

juliegeraci.........................232.......... 232..............220...........12

Josette.............................340.......... 329..............315...........14

Inner_me.....(Chris)............306...........298 .............280...........18

Elisabethsew..(Elisabeth)...281..........273 .............260...........13

Waterlily1072...(Nicole)..... 278..........272 .............252...........20

Libra..(Angela)...................230...........222.............205...........17

Lapbandit……...............… 208……….206……..…..185…….....21

RidinMyHDDream.(Carol)....281..........276 .............256............20

FaithMD.......................... 341.5........327..............310.. .........17

I lost 3 lbs this week it looks like I will be making my goal very early:heh:

no official change for me this week ... i was up to 307ish, now back down to 305. didnt exercise Sun - Tues so no gain is a good thing.

i continue to eat as best as i can ... next week is Disney. hopefully the pounds will just slide off of me since i will be walking so much. ha, yeah, right... pounds sliding off .. LMAO

Thanks Carol the interview went great! It is just a first interview of probably many before I get an actual job but still, I feel great!

Christine, lol, at the sliding off thing, but you will be surprised all that walking may knock off a pound or two as long as you stay away from the pure sugar and deep fried stuff, good luck and most importantly HAVE FUN :confused:

I am getting ready to leave for my fill appointment in an hour, looking forward to having real restriction again. Yipee!

Dagnabit, I still sit at 327. I visited my PCP today and I've only lost three pounds total this past month. GRRRRRR!!!!!! I can't wait to get banded next month, hopefully it will help.

Faith, what you have accomplished pre-band is nothing short of amazing! It will get so much easier once youa re banded and have some decent restriction going on :confused:

Speaking of which I am back at 9.5 as of noon today, yay! Hopefully the weight will start to come off again. The good news is that despite my unfill and struggles getting back to my sweet spot I maintained through all of that and am right where I left off :)