Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having second thoughts...

I was so excited to get this surgery and I knew it would be hard but I don't think I can handle this. I LOVE to gulp down a nice cold drink, not this sip sip sip crap. And no matter what I eat or drink and no matter the amount I get sick. I hate this! I'm happy I lost 20 pounds in a week but I can't handle this anymore!

Nothing is going to change about your weight until you change. If you think you can make that change, bite that bullet, knuckle down and do it without surgery, then Bless you on your travels.

If not, it is worth thinking about what you have to gain or lose by maintaining the status quo.

Nothing is going to change about your weight until you change. If you think you can make that change, bite that bullet, knuckle down and do it without surgery, then Bless you on your travels.

If not, it is worth thinking about what you have to gain or lose by maintaining the status quo.

I think she had the surgery already, which means my advice is to really think about what you said- think about the reasons why you made this choice, what it felt like to be overweight, and why you had to take this step. This is not reversible- and you need to come to terms with it or you will be oe who gains it all back,

I think she had the surgery already, which means my advice is to really think about what you said- think about the reasons why you made this choice, what it felt like to be overweight, and why you had to take this step. This is not reversible- and you need to come to terms with it or you will be oe who gains it all back,

Oh. I thought she was on the pre-op diet or something.

Well...kind of too late for second thought once the surgery is done. It's just a storm to weather at that point.

But keep a stout heart. It's not forever.

Well the good news is, if you like gulping a big cold NON calorie drink , no worries in time you will be able to drink like normal. Just give it time and at the 3 month mark you won't believe how much you can gulp compared to now. :) Chin up!

i understand that i need to deal with it, its just a big change and im just having a melt down. i guess the first month will be the hardest but it will get better im just impatient. will i really be able to take a gulp of Water? because i guess thats the biggest thing for me right now. i know i might sound so ungrateful right now but im not! i love seeing that i lost 20 pounds in a week. this month is gonna suck and i guess I'll just have to deal with it. thats for all the advice.

Oh no you don't sound ungrateful at all and I apologize if I came across as judgemental, I didn't understand where you were coming from initially.

It's gonna be very hard. I haven't been sleeved yet but I"m already thinking of little things to lighten my mood when I know I'm going ot be REALLY cranky. The little things that make me happy, like bendy straws and mylar balloons, and popping bubble wrap (Therapudic bubble wrap. LOL!).

I might buy my self flowers to keep at my desk at work. something bright and cheerful that will last for a while. I may get a pedicure if it's REALLY bad (never had one but I hear they're AWESOME).

Find something, anything that makes you happy. Even a little bit. Something to distract you from telling yourself how miserable you are. Because that's just going to make you more miserable.

I was so excited to get this surgery and I knew it would be hard but I don't think I can handle this. I LOVE to gulp down a nice cold drink, not this sip sip sip crap. And no matter what I eat or drink and no matter the amount I get sick. I hate this! I'm happy I lost 20 pounds in a week but I can't handle this anymore!

Wow, didn't you research the sleeve first or talk to other folks about it? It will change and get better, it's just buyers remorse . . and honey one more thing, its done already and there is no going back, so get a handle on it, pull up your big girl panties and move forward. . . i promise it does get better. . but feeling sorry for yourself won't help the situation . . just learn what you have too. . . good luck and sorry to be so straight forward but that is what i do. . . smile.gif

I haven't been sleeved yet but from what I read, you are going to feel so good as you continue to lose weight and your new, healthy body will far outweigh any problems you're going through now! It will get easier, I think and you'll be healthier and happier! You can do it! smile.gif

I love the restriction, it is like mental re enforcement that this is the one thing that will finally work for me, this won't be a diet that fails once again. It may just be me, but I liked how little I could get in and still how little I can at 3 months. I get a sense of power and control from it,, Power and control over food for the first time in my life!

My best suggestion is to look for a positive in the negative. Meaning no I can't get much in, but this is good thing and I am in charge for once! I would gladly take little sips forever if gave me the feeling I had the fist time I had to go get smaller clothes and I stood in the dressing room in tears of joy when I seen the new me in the size 18 pants down from the size 24. NOTHING LIKE THAT!

Yes I did do my research and talked to my doctor, I knee it would be hard it just never really hit me until now. I know it wil get easier I'm just in mourn over not being able to be like I was. But I know it will all pay off in the end.

Yes I did do my research and talked to my doctor, I knee it would be hard it just never really hit me until now. I know it wil get easier I'm just in mourn over not being able to be like I was. But I know it will all pay off in the end.

Pinkbabe,

I'm sorry you are going through this, and if it makes you feel any better I think a lot of people have a freak out at some point or another. I know I did! The thing that helped me through those first tough couple of weeks was to bear in mind that things would get better, my restriction would be a bit less, and I would feel more normal eventually. At 2.5 months, I can eat most things (in small quantities) and I can take fairly large swallows of Water. It gets better! Really!!! Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks. I know it will, I'm just having a melt down.

Awww, i know how that feels! Hang in there! Sending you good thoughts!

AWWW! You are perfectly okay to have a melt down! This is a SUPPORT group site! Thats why we are all here for eachother.

It has NOTHING to do with not "doing research!" I researched like crazy and I was NOT prepared for the utter regret that I felt after surgery. I felt the same with the sip sip sip crap too! LOL As a matter of fact, as I was chugging my Water today I thought of sipping and laughed.

Before you know it you will feel great and back to normal. Your feelings are temporary and it will get better!! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!!