Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you most looking forward too after surgery?

As for the people who posted about how they want to buy in regular stores: I recently found out that most "skinny-only" stores do have larger clothes here and there that suit me just fine. I've learned to target the "oversize" styled items, which are meant to seem loose on skinny gals and are tighter on me. I don't shop in plus size stores because their designs are oriented for older ladies. Shoes are still impossible for me to buy in almost any store, my foot size is US 10 (EU 42, or UK 8).

I was told that in the US it's different since it has a lot more plus size people.

What I'm really, really looking forward to is finding a spouse. It's very hard and disappointing to search for a boyfriend in my current weight, especially since I'm NOT into dating someone who wants me just because he has a "fat fetish" or mom-complex. I want someone who likes the same music and movies and books as me, and who'd like me because of that - not because of my weight.

My wife and I cruise at least once a year. Every time we try to plan excursions, all the things we want to do have weight limits ( scuba, horse back riding, zip lines, kyacks, Water craft) It would be nice to plan a trip without weight restrictions.

My number one thing is: NO MORE MUFFIN TOP!

I'm an avid horseback rider and I'll tell ya, nothing makes you look any fatter than sitting on a horse! I want to lose enough weight that when I get on my poor horse he doesn't go OOOMPH! LOL

Getting pedicures because they make me feel sexy, not because I can't bend over to cut my toenails.

Swapping clothes with my 22 year old daughter.

Wearing Crocs cuz they're fun, not because they're the only shoes that don't make my feet ache.

Saying YES to more social invitations.

Not feeling self-councious all the time.

Having sex without worrying about the belly bumping going on.

Seeing the "parts" I'm shaving...not having to ask to be shaved for that matter!!

Getting on a plane and going to Disneyland!!!

Being able to wrap a towel around myself

Confidence

Being desired again

Not breathing heavily after walking short distances

Not being embarrassed by heavy breathing after walking those short distances

Crossing my legs

Not sweating as easily

Not having my pants rubbed thin between the thighs

Having people see me as ME... instead of the fat girl

Not having to worry about how someone would describe me.. "you know... the short, fat chick over there."

Fall in love again

BE ACTIVE!!!!

Being able to love myself again

I could literally name 100 more....

@Got2loveDisney I love love love this~

Seeing the "parts" I'm shaving...not having to ask to be shaved for that matter!!

This made me laugh sooo hard because it's SO true! It's really hard to "guess" what I'm shaving down there. It's so hard to hold up the apron with one hand (while also trying to feel where you've been) and shave with the other hand! By the time I get done, it looks like a war zone down there! My husband always asks me if I got into a fight with my razor, lol! I try not to ask my husband to help me. He's way too rough. I try to tell him that area is much more delicate than his face whiskers!

That's another thing I'm looking forward to seeing be gone...that fat, squishy hump right above my "girl parts". Am I being inappropriate? Surely you guys want this large "mound'" gone too?

Confidence

Being desired again

Crossing my legs

Not sweating as easily

Not having to worry about how someone would describe me.. "you know... the short, fat chick over there."

Fall in love again

BE ACTIVE!!!!

Let's hear the 100 more reasons! :wink5: Just kidding. I agree that I could keeping add them on. I came up with only a few ideas but now reading everyone's list I keep adding to mine. By the way, congratulations! I see that you are getting your surgery next week! :cheer2:

Be sure and post and let us know how it goes!

Hi, Estella,

I was 34 when I met my husband. I was approx 250 lbs when we met. We met at a wedding and have been together since. Now 7 years and 2 kids later, I am 270ish. Neither of us was "desperate" or had low self esteem. We had not met someone who complemented the other. We both are looking forward to seeing what I will be like at 180 or less. My point is, I'm glad I didn't wait til I was of normal weight before I put myself out there. He might be a boob man, but he definately doesn't have a fat tetish or mommy complex. I never thought I would say this, but the harder you look, the more disappointed you will be. Embrace yourself no matter what size you are at and your inner self shines through. That's when I met my husband. Anyway, good luck with VSG. :rolleyes:

As for the people who posted about how they want to buy in regular stores: I recently found out that most "skinny-only" stores do have larger clothes here and there that suit me just fine. I've learned to target the "oversize" styled items, which are meant to seem loose on skinny gals and are tighter on me. I don't shop in plus size stores because their designs are oriented for older ladies. Shoes are still impossible for me to buy in almost any store, my foot size is US 10 (EU 42, or UK 8).

I was told that in the US it's different since it has a lot more plus size people.

What I'm really, really looking forward to is finding a spouse. It's very hard and disappointing to search for a boyfriend in my current weight, especially since I'm NOT into dating someone who wants me just because he has a "fat fetish" or mom-complex. I want someone who likes the same music and movies and books as me, and who'd like me because of that - not because of my weight.

Good luck! I am having my surgery the day after you so here's to the summer/next year. :)

Confidence

Being desired again

Crossing my legs

Not sweating as easily

Fall in love again

BE ACTIVE!!!!

I am giggling too when I read both your and Disney's post.....EXCEPT.....my husband shaves me but for me this is a big turn-on. I can do it myself but it takes longer and isn't as fun. Hheehee :D

@Got2loveDisney I love love love this~

This made me laugh sooo hard because it's SO true! It's really hard to "guess" what I'm shaving down there. It's so hard to hold up the apron with one hand (while also trying to feel where you've been) and shave with the other hand! By the time I get done, it looks like a war zone down there! My husband always asks me if I got into a fight with my razor, lol! I try not to ask my husband to help me. He's way too rough. I try to tell him that area is much more delicate than his face whiskers!

That's another thing I'm looking forward to seeing be gone...that fat, squishy hump right above my "girl parts". Am I being inappropriate? Surely you guys want this large "mound'" gone too?

Here are a few of the things that I am most looking forward to:

1. Wearing jeans with my shirt tucked in!
  2. I want to buy a fancy belt to wear with the jeans with the tucked in shirt. (I AM from Texas...a fancy belt is practically required)
  3. I am looking forward to painting my own toe nails!
  4. Shopping in the regular size clothes departments and stores!

Anyone else have fond hopes other watching the numbers on the scale drop of course?:lol:

1. Confidence

2.Shopping at any store

3.Crossing my legs

4. Not being the "fat" friend with a pretty face! lol

1. Mind-blowing sex with my husband

2. Buying regular-sized, cute clothes

3. Having the energy to play outside with our kids

4. Riding in an airplane (never done it, fear of being embarrassed by not fitting in the seat)

5. Riding on ALL the amusement park rides! Haven't ridden any since high school!!

My surgery is April 11th and I can't wait!!!!

I've already listed a few things in this post but when I was getting dressed today I thought of another one..to be able to wear my wedding ring again!! It hasn't fit since I was pregnant with the twins in 2007.

Hi, Estella,

I was 34 when I met my husband. I was approx 250 lbs when we met. We met at a wedding and have been together since. Now 7 years and 2 kids later, I am 270ish. Neither of us was "desperate" or had low self esteem. We had not met someone who complemented the other. We both are looking forward to seeing what I will be like at 180 or less. My point is, I'm glad I didn't wait til I was of normal weight before I put myself out there. He might be a boob man, but he definately doesn't have a fat tetish or mommy complex. I never thought I would say this, but the harder you look, the more disappointed you will be. Embrace yourself no matter what size you are at and your inner self shines through. That's when I met my husband. Anyway, good luck with VSG. :rolleyes:

You sound like a brilliant person with very high EQ. You're probably not the only one, lots of people here in the forum talk about their husbands and wives' reaction to their surgery, indicating that they're married. For me it's always been a lot more complex. My mom always told me how I'll never get married while being fat, and the words sipped in somehow.

Sorry that your mom said those things. I struggled with self esteem issues, too, but the more that I learned to like myself at any weight, the easier it was to be myself and enjoy the company of others as well as they enjoyed my company ( I hope. haha.) Looking back at some of the relationship issues that I have had prove that I'm not too brilliant but at least learned from my mistakes. Take care and good luck. :rolleyes:

You sound like a brilliant person with very high EQ. You're probably not the only one, lots of people here in the forum talk about their husbands and wives' reaction to their surgery, indicating that they're married. For me it's always been a lot more complex. My mom always told me how I'll never get married while being fat, and the words sipped in somehow.