Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are you most looking forward too after surgery?

Choosing my restaurant by where I want to eat, not by whether or not I can fit in their chairs.

Being able to participate in activities with my family (they are all reasonably fit and active)

Having energy!

Buying regular size clothes.

Not having my joints ache

No longer being pre diabetic

Not worrying if I'm going to be alive in five years.

Being able to shop anywhere

Buying bras & underwear from Victorias Secret instead of Lane Bryant or Catherines

Not worrying about fitting in chairs

Not being pre-diabetic or have high cholesterol

Self confidence

Really feeling sexy to my husband even though he tells me I am...also being so sexy to him that he can't resist the urge to have a second baby which I want and currently he doesn't, but that may change so I hear from others. Fitting into a pair of Seven jeans that I bought when I was thinner (thanks to Adipex) and haven't worn much...they cost $170 so I need to wear them some more. Not being held back at work, or looked over b/c of my weight.

Your like reading my mind!! Those are the exact things I really want to do, with having a baby being #1! I cant remember the last time I was able to comfortably cross my legs! The things that skinny people take forgranted! It will be a nice change when that does happen :rolleyes:

Looking forward to:

1) Wearing a dress (Last time I wore one I was 12!)

2) Crossing my legs, dang it!

3) Going into ANY store and being able to buy clothes

4) And most importantly: HAVING A BABY

Here is my to-do list :)

1 - Ride horses again.

2 - Actually fit into regular seats (airplane, concert, movie, rollar coaster)

3 - Fit into clothes that can not be categorized as Plus or Womens sizes.

4 - Use stairs without pain.

5 - Be able to chase my girls, catch them, and still be able to breathe and talk.

6 - Kinky, world shaking sexual positions.

7 - Be back, hip and foot pain free.

8 - Have my mental image of my self actually match what I see in the mirror (instead of always being shocked at how large I am.)

9 - Lay in the hammock with my husband.

10 - Not feel hungry every waking minute.

1. Dying at a ripe old age of anything not related to being overweight!!

2. Fitting in the curve my husband makes when he is sleeping.

3. NOT feeling that gnawing hunger throughout the day.

4. Off blood pressure and cholesterol meds.

5. Tying my shoes without going "oof."

6. Taking an exercise class instead of working out with a personal trainer.

7. More energy throughout the day.

8. Wearing the clothes in the back of my closet and then finding they are too big.

9. Going on the Big Dipper at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and NOT fearing I won't fit.

10. Getting new glasses that go with a skinny face.

I have been experiencing #8 and let me tell you it feels AMAZING. I used to look like a sausage in some stuff until I just gave it up entirely and I put it on now and it's too big. The other day I was going through things and just kept telling my husband "oh my god, it fits, oh my god it fits!!!!" He was happy for me but I don't think he quite grasps how amazing it feels :)

And lol at the shoes and "oof".

For me, I'll say that I am most looking forward to/experiencing:

1. not having a W or X in my clothing size

2. actually liking the clothes that I am buying, rather than just going for something to cover up rolls

3. crossing my legs without having to pin one on the chair in front of me!

4. tying my shoes without extreme effort

5. fitting in an airplane seat comfortably

6. Feeling like $1mil! I have only lost 40 lbs but I feel so much better about myself and because the scale is still moving it keeps me motivated to stay on track. Also, when I get off track, it is much easier to get right back on now. I remember before I would just give up every day I tried to "diet". Now I notice that when I have a rough eating day, the next I can get back on plan and it isn't a huge ordeal. Makes me feel proud :)

oh and #7... not snoring anymore! Super embarrassing :P

stop shopping at Lane Bryant

Being able to tie shoes without feeling sick from gut

Going back to Harry Potter at Universal Studios and be able to fit on that damm ride

Cheekbones, my old friend

and my favorite..losing enough weight to go jogging again!!

1. Going to amusement parks and knowing 100% that I can fit on ALL the rides!

2. Looking younger.

3. Being able to go to the mall and buy from any store there.

4. Getting checked out.

5. Going to Victoria's Secret for undies : )

6. Having my husband pick me up and carry me to the bedroom/sex standing up : )

7. Not getting winded when I walk a short distance.

8. Less joint pain from being too big.

9. Actually looking like I am small boned.

10. Knowing that I am thin like the women/actresses on tv.

11. Actually being able to try out the looks in the high fashion magazines.

12. Making dresses for myself this summer/fall.

13. Feeling sexy and more adventurous.

14. Wearing heels and not feeling like my feet and ankles are on fire.

15. No more sweat under the boobs in the summer.

16. No more sweaty thighs rubbing together.

17. Normal sized clothes are CHEAPER and smalls are always on clearance!.

Sorry ya'll but I could write a BOOK on this.

I am most looking forward to the day when I can look in the mirror and feel good about what I'm seeing! My husband is currently serving in the military overseas, and I am scheduled to have surgery on March 30, I am down 40lbs already, he's been gone since Nov 1,2010 and won't be home until July 2011. I'm hoping to be down a total of 100lbs when he returns and I can hardly wait to see the look on his face!!

I have been experiencing #8 and let me tell you it feels AMAZING. I used to look like a sausage in some stuff until I just gave it up entirely and I put it on now and it's too big. The other day I was going through things and just kept telling my husband "oh my god, it fits, oh my god it fits!!!!" He was happy for me but I don't think he quite grasps how amazing it feels :)

And lol at the shoes and "oof".

For me, I'll say that I am most looking forward to/experiencing:

1. not having a W or X in my clothing size

2. actually liking the clothes that I am buying, rather than just going for something to cover up rolls

3. crossing my legs without having to pin one on the chair in front of me!

4. tying my shoes without extreme effort

5. fitting in an airplane seat comfortably

6. Feeling like $1mil! I have only lost 40 lbs but I feel so much better about myself and because the scale is still moving it keeps me motivated to stay on track. Also, when I get off track, it is much easier to get right back on now. I remember before I would just give up every day I tried to "diet". Now I notice that when I have a rough eating day, the next I can get back on plan and it isn't a huge ordeal. Makes me feel proud :)

oh and #7... not snoring anymore! Super embarrassing :P

SFO Traveler...You've lost ONLY 40 lbs! ONLY 40 lbs...did you hear yourself! :wink_smile: That is fabulous...congratulations! I am so happy for you that you feel like a million. Don't underestimate what you have done...40 lbs is a LOT of weight. :cheer2:

I am most looking forward to the day when I can look in the mirror and feel good about what I'm seeing! My husband is currently serving in the military overseas, and I am scheduled to have surgery on March 30, I am down 40lbs already, he's been gone since Nov 1,2010 and won't be home until July 2011. I'm hoping to be down a total of 100lbs when he returns and I can hardly wait to see the look on his face!!

Wow...congratulations! I just saw that SFO Travelers has lost 40 lbs and so have you...that is wonderful! Have you told your husband that you are losing weight? Even if you have told him how much weight you have lost I expect that he can't imagine how great you look. Good luck on your surgery and keep us posted! :grouphug:

I've already done quite a bit of this stuff being down 317 lbs but i'm still looking forward to being able to do anything without size limitations... I already fit in so many chairs and booths that I couldn't have before.

I used to break out into a sweat getting dressed now it takes 20+ minutes on the elliptical...

One thing I hope for is to some day losing the phisiological connection to food

food still has a pull on me, I still enjoy carbs and junk way too much I hope to some day break the addiction to junk food. I thought I was there but over the past few months I realized this stuff still has a hold on me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I'm really looking forward to:

1) Dating (without worrying it is a pity date or that he is a chubby chaser who will want to touch the fat :()

2) Traveling without fear of plane seat size or ridicule while abroad

3) Having people make eye contact with me instead of feeling like I am the amazing invisible woman

4) Feeling like I'm 31 and not 81!

5) No longer being the fattest person when I go to a restaurant, exercise class, or any other public place

1) Be in pictures with my kids

2) Play softball and tennis again

3) See "downstairs"

4) Have amazing sex

5) Take my kids to waterpark

6) Not have to make an excuse why I can't go to Girls Night Out

7) Of course Shopping somewhere besides Lane Bryant and onestopplus.com

8) Have confidence to finish my last year of college

9) Start taking dance classes again

10) To not be asked "When are you due?" and have to reply "I'm not pregnant"