Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Michigan Sleevers

I'm gonna go tomorrow at 630 to support group at Beaumont for my first time to check it out

I'm not sure it was part of a package 99$ when I started whole process support meetings nutritional meetings and pysco help if needed lol call them and ask about it

I signed up for Nutrician Healthy cooking classes, Ask the Doc, Dietitian, and learning label reading & group, learn how to shop with a Nutrician Doctor, monthly guest psychologist &

6 months of exercise classes with a program with a physical therapist at St Joe's Hospital. I just wondered how Beaumont's program worked. :)

I keep going back and forth on whether to go thru surgery even tho I know I'm gonna do it pretty nervous about it

You have a good surgeon! Everyone goes back and forth with their decisions! I keep doing it & my surgery is in 14 days. Do you have support from family & friends?

Only people that know so far is wife and 2 kids wife gives support kids really haven't commented how about you

I don't have family in Michigan. I've only told 1 friend...a coworker that is going to stay with me.

She & my Nutrician Doctor support me and the surgery all the way! He is the Doc that has all the heathy classes. Everyone that has had the sleeve is very happy they did it! There is a blog from a gal called The Hot Mess Princess! She has lost over 80 lbs in 8 months! She posted pics & is doing great! She said she went back & forth & finally decided to go for it! I knew her when she first started blogging!

If you are interested in the classes I'm going to...look up Dr.Tom Rifai @ St.Joseph's Hospital in Pontiac, Mi! He helped me so much! I started with him at over 450 lbs. I'm still at 299 lbs & still have a ways to go but I stalled in my weight loss!

That is why I want & need the surgery! It!s a tool to help! Oh, I have had doubts but I'm doing the surgery for me!

That's great that your friend is gonna help u thru it r u gonna tell your family about surgery

Congrats good for you 151 so far that's great sounds like your on the right road

Not telling my family! I don't see them very often! They live in California. I have two older brothers there. One lives on a ranch in the mountains & the other is a retired teacher/writer. We were never close. My sister passed away in 1995 & my father passed away in 1996 & my Mother passed away in 2003. I took care of her till she died. I was her caregiver. I have cousins in PA. That are in the medical field. I just decided to not tell too many people! Everyone knew I'd been loosing weight! I can do this, & so can you!

I know we can and I know we will

Unfortunately I've been gaining & loosing weight for over a year! It's hard to keep it off! My Doctor & I came to the conclusion it would be the best thing to have the Sleeve surgery! It's the best of all of the Bariatric surgeries!

Hi, I'm from Lansing and recently was sleeved by Dr. Tallal Zeni, and making progress.