Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Michigan Sleevers

Dr.Schram did mine on fed 25. He is great and the staff there is too. I'm in week four now and the only problem I have had is the awful heartburn. I just went this morning for an upper GI all looks good but some bad reflux. Ppl say it will go away and I cannot wait.

Just got my call from hospital April 1st 12:30 !! And that will be here soon... So happy to finally have my sleeve after nine months of waiting!! Can't wait to start my new journey:)

Hi! Nice to talk with someone going through the same hospital! When is your surgery date? I kind of got the impression that buying through the office was mandatory but I think I will ask because it seems cheaper online. I would live to keep in touch. Good luck! :)

It seems kind of squirrely to me if they make it mandatory to buy through them. It probably makes it much easier for compliance though.

My tentative date is August 19 with Dr Nagel.

We should definitely keeping touch!

I have an appointment with Dr. Nagel or Dr. Baker (whichever one is available) next Wednesday, the 2nd; tentative sleeve surgery date is June 16, at McLaren Health. 3 months away......seems sooooo long :( I'm ready for this now.

Hey all!!! I'm getting my sleeve done in 2 days through dr Holman... Who is partnered with dr schramm. I'm from the holland area and was wondering if anyone else had their surgery with her? Or if you would like to connect and maybe be walking buddies when I feel up to it after recovery? :)

Hello all! Dr.Gluck out of Muskegon is doing my sleeve on April 23rd. He did my moms RNY 4 years ago and he and his staff are second to none. Any time she needed anything or had any questions they were there. I have met with him one on one twice and he has a great demeanor about him. I do work in Grand Rapids and am looking for a support group there if anyone knows of a good one. Very excited for this to finally be happening!

Dr. Gluck did my surgery 7.5 weeks ago. I ❤️ him! He gives out his personal numbers so you can always get in touch with him. He's amazing. Good luck! ;)

Edited by Sarahjane79

Hi there! I am from Lansing, and I had my surgery through Sparrow Weight Management with Doctor Mindy Lane as my surgeon!

Im awaiting a call from the scheduler at Barix Clinics....nervous!

Sarahjane79 how are u doing since your surgery? Any tips u can give to a girl that's only a week away and starting to freak out a bit?

I had mine done by Dr. Gluck in Nov.or 2012. Practice sipping as that was the hardest thing for me to remember....Excited for you!!! Just take it one day at a time, when you come home. Walk and sip.... I ate Protein pudding too fast the first week when had it. Not a good feeling!! Remember you can do this was my motto!!! My daughter told me that if I did the preop and post op liquids and followed the rules, I would only have to do this once!! Good luck and keep in touch!!

I don't have a date yet...still waiting on insurance approval...all ore testing has been done. I'm excited! My doctor is Dr Krause at Wm Beaumont hospital in Royal Oak.

I just got done meeting with him literally 10 minutes ago. 4 weeks post op today. He is GREAT.