Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Mitchel Roslin....feedback?

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and hoping to network with some great people for support. I am waiting for Insurance approval for VSG surgery with Dr. Mitchel Roslin. He has a practice in NYC at Lenox Hill Hospital but has recently opened a practice at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mt Kisco , NY. I am wondering if there is anyone here on this forum who has Dr. Roslin as their surgeon and could give me some feedback as to their experience with him. I was orginally introduce to him on the ObesityHelp.com site when I was researching Gastric Bypass and was told about the DS. I did have a consult with him back in 09 and he suggested the 2 part (VSG then the switch) due to my BMI and hernia . I have a couple clearances to get and hopefully will be having within a few weeks. I would appreciate any feedback on Dr. Roslin as I have not seen many postings about him since I have returned to OH. Thanks for any input!!!

Didi

Hi Didi,

Welcome to the forum. Dr. Roslin operated on me on July 13th and I only have good things to say about him and his office, with one minor exeption. I went to see him for my initial consultation in late April thinking I would have gastric bypass. When Dr. Roslin saw that my insurance was Aetna (which had just started covering VSG in February), he suggested this procedure to me. I had seen references to it, but never focused much on it. However, the more I read about it and researched the procedure, the more I liked it. I lost about 15 pounds between the time of my initial consult and my surgery date. To date, I have lost a total of about 110 lbs and I am very happy with the results. I found Dr. Roslin to be kind and very willing to answer my specific questions. I am a single parent of three children, having lost my wife to cancer a few years ago, so I was very concerned about the safety of the procedure. Dr. Roslin addressed my concerns and, after my surgery, took the time to call my home to let my mother and children know that all had gone well. I stayed in the hospital for two nights and saw Dr. Roslin once and Dr. Yatco once. Subsequent check-ups with Dr. Roslin have been brief, but positive. I find that, like most surgeons, once the procedure is done and things are going well, he is more focused on moving on to new cases. I have had no complications and feel very good.

I also think that I got excellent care at Lenox Hill Hospital, although it sounds like you are thinking about having the surgery in Westchester. I live on Long Island and my main reason for selecting Dr. Roslin was that I wanted to have the surgery in major NYC hospital.

My only complaint with Roslin's office was with Mary Rivera, the surgical coordinator. I got the sense that she was new to the job and I felt like I had to stay on top of her constantly to move my case along. She was difficult to get a hold of by telephone and refused to give me an e-mail address which I found very frustrating. Basically, I made a polite pest of myself to make sure that things kept moving along. Even with those minor delays, I think the time frame for my surgery - from an initial consult in late April to surgery in mid-July was still pretty good.

Best of luck to you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any specific questions.

Best to you,

Brian

Hi Didi,

Welcome to the forum. Dr. Roslin operated on me on July 13th and I only have good things to say about him and his office, with one minor exeption. I went to see him for my initial consultation in late April thinking I would have gastric bypass. When Dr. Roslin saw that my insurance was Aetna (which had just started covering VSG in February), he suggested this procedure to me. I had seen references to it, but never focused much on it. However, the more I read about it and researched the procedure, the more I liked it. I lost about 15 pounds between the time of my initial consult and my surgery date. To date, I have lost a total of about 110 lbs and I am very happy with the results. I found Dr. Roslin to be kind and very willing to answer my specific questions. I am a single parent of three children, having lost my wife to cancer a few years ago, so I was very concerned about the safety of the procedure. Dr. Roslin addressed my concerns and, after my surgery, took the time to call my home to let my mother and children know that all had gone well. I stayed in the hospital for two nights and saw Dr. Roslin once and Dr. Yatco once. Subsequent check-ups with Dr. Roslin have been brief, but positive. I find that, like most surgeons, once the procedure is done and things are going well, he is more focused on moving on to new cases. I have had no complications and feel very good.

I also think that I got excellent care at Lenox Hill Hospital, although it sounds like you are thinking about having the surgery in Westchester. I live on Long Island and my main reason for selecting Dr. Roslin was that I wanted to have the surgery in major NYC hospital.

My only complaint with Roslin's office was with Mary Rivera, the surgical coordinator. I got the sense that she was new to the job and I felt like I had to stay on top of her constantly to move my case along. She was difficult to get a hold of by telephone and refused to give me an e-mail address which I found very frustrating. Basically, I made a polite pest of myself to make sure that things kept moving along. Even with those minor delays, I think the time frame for my surgery - from an initial consult in late April to surgery in mid-July was still pretty good.

Best of luck to you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any specific questions.

Best to you,

Brian

HELLO EVERYONE,

I HAVE BEEN DOING ALOT OF RESEARCH ON VSG,AND I HAVE MY SEMINAR AT WESTCHESTER ON APRIL 7TH ,I CALLED MY INSURANCE AND THEY ALREADY SENT ME MY COVERAGE INFO ,I ALSO SCHEDULED MY FOLLOW UP WITH DR.ROSLIN APRIL 14TH RIGHT AFTER MY SEMINAR ,MY HUSBAND IS THINKING OF GETTING IT DONE AS WELL.I DON'T WANT TO WASTE ANYTIME .I AM CALLING THE DIETICIAN TOMORROW TO SCHEDULE WITH HER . I LIVE UPSTATE AND THE DR DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT VSG WAS .SO I DID RESEARCH I CHECKED INTO DR ROSLIN .

Good luck with dr. roslin. Let me know what you think of him when you meet. Interested in what first impression you get of him.

He was great ! I went to see him in westchester,his staff are very friendly.

now just waiting for approval for the VSG!

SEMINAR 4/7/11

DR.ROSLIN CONSULT 4/14/11

PSYCH CONSULT APPROVED 4/22/11

WAITING APPROVAL?

Good luck with dr. roslin. Let me know what you think of him when you meet. Interested in what first impression you get of him.