Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalled already??!!

Hi all! I was sleeved December 1, 2010, I lost 10 lbs so far however I have not lost anything in the last 5 days and the scale has been up or down 2 lbs. Is this normal? I'm walking 30 min everyday and haven't had any complications besides some major incision pain, the doc explained that it was the inside stitch pulling on my muscle..

your feed back will be greatly appriciated :)

Hi all! I was sleeved December 1, 2010, I lost 10 lbs so far however I have not lost anything in the last 5 days and the scale has been up or down 2 lbs. Is this normal? I'm walking 30 min everyday and haven't had any complications besides some major incision pain, the doc explained that it was the inside stitch pulling on my muscle..

I know exactly how you feel. I was also sleeved on Dec 1. I have only lost 8 lbs. I had not lost anything since last week. I lost 2 lbs yesterday. I asked my dr at my check up why I wasn't losing. He told me that my body is healing from major surgery and the weight will come off. I also increased my Water intake to 64 oz. My nut had told me to count all my liquids except broth towards the 64 oz. It's funny I have weighed myself more in the last 2 weeks then I have in the past 2 years.

We will lose, we just have to figure out what works for us. My dr thinks I am going to need higher cals to lose. I have a physical job and my body needs more cals to function is what he explained to me. It makes sense.

your feed back will be greatly appriciated :)

I stalled on my 3rd week and am still stalled. I will be 4 weeks post-op on 12/15. I haven't lost anything in two weeks and actually gained 2 lbs. My doctor said not to worry about it but I am really peeved. I read a post on here earlier today about a lady who stalled for 4 weeks. She increased her Water intake and exercise and finally started losing. I pray I don't stall for 4 weeks. I will be so irate. I feel like I had the surgery for nothing if I'm not going to lose.

I was sleeved on November 10th and I have yet to stall. I have lost 33 lbs in a month. I am dedicated to the Protein. The Protein will get you out of your stalls. I got a powdered whey from GNC and love it. Just last week I started to add weight strengthening exercises at the gym and I only walk 20 minutes every other day outside of my normal daily activities.

But my suggestion is to get your protein into your fluids.

Hi,

I'm 17 days out from my surgery and I have only lost 1 lb. I weighed myself the day I arrived home and I had put on 5 lbs. Of course this was from the IV fluids. It took a few friendly reminders, from the other board members, that my body was healing and that I was retaining fluids. Knowing that still doesn't take away the frustration of not losing any weight, especially when others have lost during the same time frame. Today I had to let myself CRY. After I wiped my tears away, I logged onto the boards to get my daily dose of encouragement.

Just know that there are others fighting the same battle you are and with time we too will be on our way to success. I wish you the very best. Keep your spirits up and know success is just around the corner.

your feed back will be greatly appreciated :)

Hi,

I'm 17 days out from my surgery and I have only lost 1 lb. I weighed myself the day I arrived home and I had put on 5 lbs. Of course this was from the IV fluids. It took a few friendly reminders, from the other board members, that my body was healing and that I was retaining fluids. Knowing that still doesn't take away the frustration of not losing any weight, especially when others have lost during the same time frame. Today I had to let myself CRY. After I wiped my tears away, I logged onto the boards to get my daily dose of encouragement.

Just know that there are others fighting the same battle you are and with time we too will be on our way to success. I wish you the very best. Keep your spirits up and know success is just around the corner.

I am also stalled, but I am still noticing my clothes fitting much differently and better, and I can see the changes in the mirror, so this will be enough for me until the scales move again.

I think the most important thing to remember is-- the only thing we all have in common FOR SURE is the fact that we all had the same surgery. Other than that...we are all uniquely different. That means I might lose 10 lbs in a week and then stall, while the next person continues to lose steadily. Don't get hung up on the numbers...we have ALL abused our bodies with food for a long time. Our bodies are now thinking what the hell??? 4 oz of a Protein shake...are you kidding??? Where's the fries??? Where's the Cookies??? So I think the best plan of attack is to have patience and to follow the plan. If you follow the plan...IT WILL WORK...it's proven. So keep your chin up...and keep doing what you are supposed to and you will reach your goal with flying colors. AND if it takes you 2 months longer than someone else...WHO CARES...you still made it to the finish line!!!

Hi,

I too was stalled pretty early on but for me what I think finally got me going again was really paying attention to my Protein intake and once I was for sure getting at least 60g a day I started to lose again!! Good Luck!

I stalled early out, too. My loss has always been in fits and starts - nothing for a week or two, then ten pounds in the next two weeks. I always stall during my monthly cycle.

Everyone is different. Some people never experience a real stall. Some people have one every month and some people only stall once every few months.

Just accept that you will lose the weight. Eat the right foods, push the Protein and drink your Water. Eventually you'll get to goal, at your own body's pace and not a second sooner.

Best of luck to you! Keep your chin up and focus on eating enough, eating right and adjusting to life with your new sleeve. The scale will catch up later.

~Cheri

Thank you everyone for your imput, I checked with my nutritionist and went over all my calories, Fluid intake, and protien and she said everthing is perfect, she said that my body is still healing and to let it do what it needs too to heal. she also stated that its perfectly natural for our bodies to stall like this and to keep walking everyday and it will eventually come off.

so we just need to keep our chin up, following directions, and the weight should come off.

weight.png

I am also stalled, but I am still noticing my clothes fitting much differently and better, and I can see the changes in the mirror, so this will be enough for me until the scales move again.

Interesting....the same thing is happening to me. My loss has stalled but I can literally see myself and feel myself thinner. I have no explanation for it. Pants I wore 5 days ago at the same weight ar loose. What sense does this make?

I lost initially right after surgery and then on day 10 I stalled for 10 days. Now that I'm 2 months out, I notice that I don't lose anything the week of my "time" of the month. It is frustrating, but realistically you are just not going to see the scale drop every single day, no matter how much you want it too. :Cry:

I think we all go through this frustration. I emailed my NUT with my daily intake and she said "relax you are doing everything perfectly, just hang tight and you will lose again" but when you are doing everything perfectly and not getting results it can be hard. But I will give you the same advice, keep doing what you know it right and the scale will eventally go in the right direction.

Yep I don't lose when I'm on my period either for the days before actuallly and I've had 2 long stalls with big losses right after them. The only thing I've found that might help them is drinking more Water.< /p>

I was sleeved on 11/22. I lost 15 lbs up to 12/1, then stalled for 14 days. I increased my Fiber with benefiber, was able to start on mushies, increased my calories to 700-900, and am working hard on getting my liquids. I have dropped 2 lbs in the last week. Hang in there. I also take my measurement every Sunday, and even when I wasn't losing weight, I still lost about 1/2 inch all over.