Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyon'e post op diet look like this:

Your first week

Keep in mind that you now have a new stomach, much smaller than a few days ago, the volume needed to fill your stomach is now 2 oz.

During the first week of the gastric band placement, you will be experiencing not only the adaptation to your new food habits, remember that you will also be recovering from a minimally invasive surgery, symptoms like mild pain and soreness are normal.

The first and second week you will be in a liquid diet, using straw is recommended to avoid big gulps that may cause nausea or discomfort.

During the fist week Clear liquids are recommended (water apple and grape juices, tree top, ocean spray and welch's are recommended)

From fourth day on, natural fruit juices (strained and Gelatin can be added if well tolerated)

The largest volume take that your stomach can accept is 2 fl. Oz. At a time, let it rest for 2 hours before serving this quantity again. Have all the clear Water that u can in between "meals". Miscalculations may lead to nausea.

Room temperature during first week is the most recommended, slightly cold Gelatin is acceptable.

Take gelatin in small chunks and chew and dissolve.

Take care of wounds: clean daily bath using only Water and soap, scrubbing only in the same direction of it, cover with gauze or band aid.

NEVER: keep on eating if you are already satisfied.

Try to eat more that you stomach can handle.

Your second and third week

Keep in mind that you now have a new stomach, much smaller than a couple of weeks ago; the volume needed to fill your stomach is now 2 oz.

It is time to include variety and a few more consistent foods to your diet:

• On your second week continue with Clear Liquids and gelatin and add:
    • Whole natural fruit juice, use synthetic sugar to sweeten.
    • Pear and apple pure
    • Soups (broth):
      • Potato
      • Tomato
      • Lentil
      • Vegetable
      • chicken

[*]On your third week add:

• Chopped fruit (very small pieces)
    • Whole Vegetable juices
    • Whole Vegetable juices

At this time you should be able to handle correctly your new stomach capacity. But always remember to let it rest for 2 hours before repeating the serving of more consistent food or the 2 oz. Measure, miscalculation may lead to nausea and stomachache.

Food temperature:

Fruit juices are well tolerated cold (no exaggeration)

Warm Soups.< /p>

The care of your wounds:

As a normal symptom of healing, itching will appear.

Your fourth, fifth and sixth week

Day 1

Breakfast

3 strawberries

2oz. of yogurt

Morning snack

Chopped peach

Tea

lunch

Canned tuna (half a can)

1-2 cup of pea Soup

Afternoon snack

½ cup of lentil Soup

½ a cup of chopped fruit

dinner

½ cup cheerios

½ cup milk

Last day snack

Vegetable soup

Day 2

Breakfast

canned tuna (1/3 of can)

crackers (ritz-oatmeal)

morning snack

4-6 baby carrots

lunch

1/2 cup of lentil soup

slice of cheese

afternoon snack

2 oz. of blended chicken breast

2 spoons of corn

dinner

1/2 cup of chopped fruit top with granola

last day snack

vegetable soup

Day 3

Breakfast

½ cup milk

½ cup of grape fruits or

raisin bran Crackers

Morning snack

½ cup of lentil soup

Crackers

Lunch

½ cup of chicken soup

½ cup of blended chicken

Crackers

Afternoon snack

3 - 4 crackers

Canned tuna

Dinner

½ a cup of chopped fruit

1 spoon of yogurt

Last day snack

Carrots

day 4

breakfast

strained pineapple juice

2 oz. of chopped chicken

crackers

morning snack

canned tuna (half a can)

crackers (ritz-oatmeal)

lunch

1/2 cup of peas

1/2 cup of chopped fruit

afternoon snack

vegetable soup

dinner

2 oz. of chopped chicken breast

Day 5

Breakfast

½ cup of chopped fruit

Morning snack

½ cup of yogurt

1 or 2 oatmeal crackers

spread some jelly if desire

Lunch

Canned tuna (half a can)

Sliced Tomato pieces

Crackers

Afternoon snack

Chicken soup (Campbell's)

Crackers (ritz / oatmeal)

Dinner Dinner

2oz. of grilled chicken breast

mushroom cream

Last day snack

Chopped fruit

Gelatin

day 6

breakfast

1/2 cup of grape nuts with milk

morning snack

1/2 cup of chicken fajitas mixed with onion and veggies. and vegetabe soup.

lunch

sliced tomato and cheese piecees.

crackers

Dinner

3 strawberries

2 oz. of yogurt

Day 7

Breakfast

½ cup chopped fruit

1 spoon of granola top with honey

Morning snack

Tuna and vegetables with crackers

Lunch

Grilled chicken breast split, pea soup (or choose vegetable)

Afternoon snack

Gelatin

crackers

Dinner

Vegetable soup white rice

Last day snack

Broccoli cream

Remember: Chew, Chew, Chew!

Cold coffee is OK

Use low fat / low calorie yogurt and milk

Carbonated drinks are not recommended

bread, tortilla and banana are nor yet recommended

Never try to eat more than your stomach can handle

Keep in touch with your surgeon and nutritionist:

Every 15 days for 3 months

Every month for the next 3 months

Every 3 months for the next 3 years