Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how much weight did you lose at the 7 months mark?

Hi Kerri,

first of all, congrats on your decision to take this journey. Looks like you have less t han 100 lbs to lose. A few things to remember as you go through this, and these were told to me by my dr, and nutritionist. I listened to EVERYTHING they told me to do......and I followed it to the letter. I'm losing like crazy..........I wanted to lose 70 lbs total. Next week on the 24th of October will be 5 months for me, and i'm down 60 lbs as off today, with 10 lbs to go.

If you want this advise, read on.......I found it VERY helpful to keep me on track. ( It's not meant to critisize anyone.......)

I was told that if I followed my dr's instructions i could lose the weight I wanted to lose in about 9 months to a year..... Maybe even sooner If I was real good and NO EATING BAD FOODS on the no no list they gave me....lol They also said that the 1st 6 months were going to be my fastest weight loss and I would never get that kind of a chance again, so don't screw it up. So i've been good as gold. Not eating breads, pasta's, sauces, candy, deserts, NO SODA, no potatoes, no alcohol,and everything they say is bad. I'm getting in lots of Protein. the more Protein I eat, the faster i'm losing. I'm getting in at least 80 to 130 grams of protein per day, and drinking at least 80 ounces of Water everyday. (yes, I'm peeing all the time too!..lol) all I can say on the Water thing is...... thank god for the crystal light "to go" packets for water....I'd never be able to drink that much per day, If you are real determined and want this bad enough, just do as your told to do by your dr.....sometimes i read postings on here from ppl, saying what they ate for dinner, or lunch, and i think to myself..........why in the world would they eat that........you are making a life chanding decision to have this surgery, and going back to old habbits are what got us overweight to begin with, so stay strong, follow your dr's orders and you will do great!

I also DO drink water with my meals, some ppl on here say not to...I have done it since day one.....I asked my dr...he said it was no problem to drink w/ meals, and it appears to be working for me. but your dr may tell you something different.

I weigh myself everyday...can't help it...lol..i have to know if I've lost another lb or not overnight.. when I reach goal, I was also told to continue to weigh myself everyday to make sure I'm not putting back on a few lbs, if I do, i can catch myself and fix it before it's out of controll.

To be honest, I'm never hungry, but I know I have to eat my 3 meals a day plus a snack on the in between. (don't skip any meals even if you are not hungry) I don't miss anything from my old habbits, as this is the direction I'm going now for the rest of my life.

I should be excersizing, but I'm not...shhhhh don't tell my dr...lol....I keep saying i'm going to start soon, I need to firm up some. I've gone from a size 14/16 to a size 5/6 right now.....hoping to be a 3/4 with my last 10 lbs to go.

everyone loses weight at a different pace, try not to compair yourself to others, just pay attention to what YOU are eating, drinking, and it WILL melt away.

I bought myself the cutest summer halter dress in a small.....hung it on my wall in my bedroom so i look at it everyday. (kinda like that yellow polka dot bikini idea) it's keeping me motivated.

Have fun on that cruise :D

Donna

I'm 5 months and one week post op and I've lost 91 pounds since surgery, plus 24 pounds doing the pre-op for 48 days before surgery.

Wow - some of you have done AMAZING!!! I'm actually six months out but due to complications I was on a 3000 calorie a day feeding tube diet for two months. So in four months of weight loss I'm at 77 lbs but still have a very long way to go. I am having a hard time fitting my workouts into my schedule (new promotion) but have started lifting 3x week. My building is three flights of stairs up and I just run up and down those now as often as I can, Feeling better each month! You'll have great success - enjoy the vaca.

I am just a week shy of 6 months and have lost 56lbs. 111lbs total with 55lbs being pre-op.

I have really slowed down with the loss in the past month. I am so close to my goal and think that is why.

I think it is all in how much you weigh to begin with and how hard you work at it. If you want to lose 70lbs, you will!!

Best of luck to you!

Kelly B)

I'm 215lbs today which makes 127lbs lost in 7 months (and 5 days.)

I don't work out in a traditional sense... I ride horses 4 days a week and chase some little ones around the rest of the time. :)

I am the exact same as you as far as total weight loss hopes.. I want to lose 70. I am 2.5 months out and have lost about 27 and feel like I should be losing a bit more than that. At any rate I am glad I read your post because it is a reminder to me to eat more Protein and be very, VERY diligent for the next 3.5 months. If the first 6 months are my opportunity then I should be a bit more focused. I haven't been bad, but I could just be better.

I'm so glad I read your post :)

Hi Kerri,

first of all, congrats on your decision to take this journey. Looks like you have less t han 100 lbs to lose. A few things to remember as you go through this, and these were told to me by my dr, and nutritionist. I listened to EVERYTHING they told me to do......and I followed it to the letter. I'm losing like crazy..........I wanted to lose 70 lbs total. Next week on the 24th of October will be 5 months for me, and i'm down 60 lbs as off today, with 10 lbs to go.

If you want this advise, read on.......I found it VERY helpful to keep me on track. ( It's not meant to critisize anyone.......)

I was told that if I followed my dr's instructions i could lose the weight I wanted to lose in about 9 months to a year..... Maybe even sooner If I was real good and NO EATING BAD FOODS on the no no list they gave me....lol They also said that the 1st 6 months were going to be my fastest weight loss and I would never get that kind of a chance again, so don't screw it up. So i've been good as gold. Not eating breads, pasta's, sauces, candy, deserts, NO SODA, no potatoes, no alcohol,and everything they say is bad. I'm getting in lots of Protein. the more protein I eat, the faster i'm losing. I'm getting in at least 80 to 130 grams of protein per day, and drinking at least 80 ounces of Water everyday. (yes, I'm peeing all the time too!..lol) all I can say on the Water thing is...... thank god for the crystal light "to go" packets for water....I'd never be able to drink that much per day, If you are real determined and want this bad enough, just do as your told to do by your dr.....sometimes i read postings on here from ppl, saying what they ate for dinner, or lunch, and i think to myself..........why in the world would they eat that........you are making a life chanding decision to have this surgery, and going back to old habbits are what got us overweight to begin with, so stay strong, follow your dr's orders and you will do great!

I also DO drink water with my meals, some ppl on here say not to...I have done it since day one.....I asked my dr...he said it was no problem to drink w/ meals, and it appears to be working for me. but your dr may tell you something different.

I weigh myself everyday...can't help it...lol..i have to know if I've lost another lb or not overnight.. when I reach goal, I was also told to continue to weigh myself everyday to make sure I'm not putting back on a few lbs, if I do, i can catch myself and fix it before it's out of controll.

To be honest, I'm never hungry, but I know I have to eat my 3 meals a day plus a snack on the in between. (don't skip any meals even if you are not hungry) I don't miss anything from my old habbits, as this is the direction I'm going now for the rest of my life.

I should be excersizing, but I'm not...shhhhh don't tell my dr...lol....I keep saying i'm going to start soon, I need to firm up some. I've gone from a size 14/16 to a size 5/6 right now.....hoping to be a 3/4 with my last 10 lbs to go.

everyone loses weight at a different pace, try not to compair yourself to others, just pay attention to what YOU are eating, drinking, and it WILL melt away.

I bought myself the cutest summer halter dress in a small.....hung it on my wall in my bedroom so i look at it everyday. (kinda like that yellow polka dot bikini idea) it's keeping me motivated.

Have fun on that cruise :D

Donna