Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers Celebrate!

Hi Everyone who has already been sleeved or being sleeved in September 2010!

Ok - I was actually sleeved last Tuesday, August 31st, 2010, but was pretty much in a pain med induced coma for a couple days and am now starting to feel well enough (today is Sunday - so 5 days post surgery). I'm highly sensitive to the nausia associated with the pain meds - but they are very helpful those first few days.

Worst part after coming home was all the gas / bloat pain in my upper gut. More even than the incisions. It just has to "run it's course" and now it's going down (or out! :thumbup:. I have been taking it very easy - but walking around the house and will walk to the end of my street this afternoon. I was active before surgery and know its going to be critical to keep the activity up to heal and get fit and feel better faster.

I've been drinking Protein Drinks purchased from my doctor. Broths with 15 grams of Protein, balanced with fruity Protein drinks and sugar free popcicles and sugar free Jello. I am head hungry - because eating has always been such a big part of my day / evening / but I am not hungry hungry.

I have some very close friends and my mother who I told what I was having done, and the rest of the people who know me think i had my appendix removed. I just dont feel the need to share everything with everyone. This was a big step for me so I want to heal and be in peace with my decision.

If you were just sleeved or about to be sleeved this month - write in with any information or questions and we can all help each other.

On2Thin!

I had my surgery September 1st, so I am just one day behind you. i posted on another forum that I am experiencing terrible gas pains and discomfort, and it doesn't seem to be getting better. I'm so happy to be on the loser's bench, but I had NO IDEA I would be experiencing this much pain. You are right, the gas pain far exceeds the incision pain. Everyone tells me it will end, but when? I feel miserable. I want to Celebrate the fact that I have this wonderful tool to start a new, healthy lifestyle, and I can't seem to get past the discomfort to even Celebrate. I know this too shall pass, just wondering when.

Congratulations and best of luck to all!

Glad you are starting to feel some better!!! I have heard walking is the best thing for the gas, but of course that would be hard to do when you feel like crap!!!! My surgery is Friday! I'm trying to prepare myself for the pain, but IDK if there is really a way to!! It does help talking to y'all!!! Does the gas-x help at all???

Well....the gas-x doesn't really seem to help me much. But I must say that everyone is different so please don't be alarmed by my post. I wish you all the best on Friday....I know you will do great!

Charmer 123,

I was sleeved on Sept 1. I feel pretty well, I am having a hard time getting all my liquids in. I have been active, between walking and running errands. I have had minimal pain but some discomfort. I had a pca machine with moriphin the first 24 hours and haven't used anything since. I am very grateful that I haven't had any pain. I too am not hungry at all, stomach or head yet!!!

I hope that the gas situation ends for you soon. I know that was the biggest issue that I had many years ago from a gallbladder removal.

Anxious to see how you feel in the coming days!! Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!!

I was sleeved September 2, I'm feeling okay. I just got to come home yesterday, so I am glad to be home. They kept me longer then most patients with this procedure because I live 8 hours away from where I had my surgery. My worst was the first night out when I was in ICU, I thought I was going to die. Between the gas and the nausia I don't know which was worse.

I want to wish all of you who had surgery, or are going to have sugery good luck.

Hi Everyone who has already been sleeved or being sleeved in September 2010!

I was sleeved on Aug 31st as well! It's been one week now and I feel great! I actually started working again today, although that really means I hopped in the car and visited someone this morning, and will spend the rest of the afternoon in my home office.

Call me crazy, but I'm scheduled to fly to California tonight for a quick overnight/morning meeting. The co-worker I'm going with is "in the know" and willing to take me to a grocery store where I can get what I need for the morning, and then it's back on a plane home. It's a short flight (1hr) so I won't be sitting around that long. And, if my bag weighs more than 8lb (which I'm going to try to keep it under that), he'll carry it for me.

I did check with my Doc a couple of weeks ago and she said I should be fine for the trip. Wish me luck!

For those of you getting ready to be sleeved, don't worry too much about the pain. Everyone is different so there is no telling how you will do. The hopitals have plenty of pain medicine if you need it.

I was sleeved on 9/9. The first day I was uncomfortable but not in any real pain.

Day 2 I had no pain but was nauseus and had a hard time drinking.

Day 3 No pain, felt a little swollen and was tired.

Day 4 still felt a little swollen but not as tired.

Day 5 felt great! I could drink easily and was full of energy. Cleaned house, baked, grocery shopped...

Day 6 Might have overdone it yesterday because I am tired and the drinking is not quite as easy as it was yesterday. Think I will take it easy today! :w00t:

I was sleeved on the 14th. Day of surgery was not bad. Never was in much pain, just felt sore. My throat hurt due to the intubation. Day 2 went home and slept most of the day and evening, but woke up with a vicious headache. Day 3 has been pretty easy. Not as tired and able to tolerate liquids better. Just drink very slowly or it will hurt going down. Good luck everyone!