Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fatty Fatterson has a date

With the surgeon that is...I don't think my spouse would approve of me having any other kind of date. :w00t:

August 20th Dr Aceves. I have the trip mostly all planned and set.

Hotel before my flight out, and on my return all booked.

Airline tickets purchased. That was a hard one, what is so difficult for the reservationist to understand about "I AM FAT NEED MULTIPLE SEATS" yeesh, still nervous about getting to the airport and being told they never booked my seats for myself (2) and spouse (1) together.

Stopping by parents for two days prior to flight, and they have been very supportive, I had expected the words Mexico and surgery to scare them, but my mother was all for it, and is trying to push cash and goods onto me like it was Christmas :)

I had a dream last night that I had surgery, and my room was the hallway with tons of other surgery patients all sitting in wheelchairs. I tried to stand up and started yelling I was going to fall over and was scared I would break open. Then I took some Water to help my dry mouth, meant to spit it out and swallowed a swig, then my stomach burst open. Do you think I might be nervous? Dreams are odd!

Excited and scared all at once. I will be so glad when it is done and I am back in my own home.

Congratulations on your surgery date. I hope all works out with the airplane tickets. It was a good feeling when we were coming back from Mexico to think my fat might not hang out over the sides of the seat when I fly next time.

Your dream made me laugh, just because that sounds like something I would dream about. The second night post-op for me, I had a dream I was shoveling Cookies and pretzels into my mouth, and then they were coming out my tiny incisions, while all the doctors were yelling at me that I couldn't even have liquids yet...bizarre!

I think it's normal to be a little scared, but hopefully the time will fly between now and then, and you'll be home and post-op before you know it! Congratulations again!

Nice to hear your mom is accepting of your decision. I am so scared to tell my mom, its making me ill, can't sleep. I hope to break it to her this weekend. I know she's going to hate this, and I don't want the rejection.

I thought about not telling her, but I need her to watch my dog and lying just doesn't sit well with me.

Nice to hear your mom is accepting of your decision. I am so scared to tell my mom, its making me ill, can't sleep. I hope to break it to her this weekend. I know she's going to hate this, and I don't want the rejection.

I thought about not telling her, but I need her to watch my dog and lying just doesn't sit well with me.

I dreaded telling mine too, but she was VERY supportive. I hope yours surprises you as much as mine did me.

Good for you OP! Best date I ever had was when I got sleeved!

Gratz on getting the date and too cool about your parents. Hope everything goes well. Keep us posted.

I had a dream last night that I had surgery, and my room was the hallway with tons of other surgery patients all sitting in wheelchairs. I tried to stand up and started yelling I was going to fall over and was scared I would break open. Then I took some Water to help my dry mouth, meant to spit it out and swallowed a swig, then my stomach burst open. Do you think I might be nervous? Dreams are odd!

Haha, you're funny! I just had my first dream of that sort the other night (except mine starred a delicious tuna melt oozing into my peritoneum).

Congrats on your surgery date.

I haven't told my mom yet, not that I think she will not be supportive. I just don't want her to worry about me. I probably will tell her in a day or two before my surgery. My children, one sister, and one nephew knows. Which really means everyone in my family knows. LOL.

Best wishes and the best of luck to you.

Deb

Good luck Jane, let us know how you get on. The whole plane thing sounds nightmare but at least you know that the next time you fly it will be just the one seat you will need.

Jane x

Good luck to you. I had a dream that I went in for the sleeve and came out with the RNY. I told my doctor when I saw him right before surgery about this dream, and that it would be completely unacceptable if that were to happen. Of course we had a laugh about it, and I did come out with a sleeve, and hernia repair. You will do fine.