Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you kidding? This is less pain then my original Band Surgery

I was always under the impression that a revision was going to result in more pain then the original band surgery. NOT at all true for me. This has been a lot easier and everything at 5 is going great.....I'm having such little trouble at this point, I'm beginning to worry that something terrible willl happen to me, just to punish me.

I'm on Clear liquids for another 10 days......this is the worst part. Dr. Aceves wanted me on on clears until day 15 after my surgery, due to a lot of scar tissue from the band.

I have my band and I'm planning my special tribute video farewell for it next week. I will post it on youtube. I'm thinking a small ceremony with a creamation at the end!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure the lapband people will be horrified.

You sound like me Steve. I had no pain what so ever. I was walking around all day long all around the hospital because I was so bored in my room. I had no pain and went back to work in less than a week.

What are you drinking for clears?

I used the unflavored GNC brand of whey and stuck it in anything I could find that was sugar free. I also really liked the egg drop Soup from the Chinese restaurant. Dr. Aceves said it was okay to have it but take out any peas or anything else they put in it.

Yea, I'm using GNC whey with crystal light. Had some chinese Soup. Had some crystal light popsickles. Unjury chicken soup. Oh man its just the most boring food. I'm could go back to work tomorrow, but they don't want or need me until the end of the week, so I'll wait. After my band surgery it hurt more after two weeks then this did after day one.

Great news Steve, welcome to the club.

Jane x

Glad to hear you're doing so well ! ! ! I agree the band surgery was way more painful than the sleeve revision. My main issue is where the stupid port was, and it was surrounded by a bunch of scar tissue.

Cheers to you, and hopefully the clears are keeping you entertained.

So there is no gas pain after your surgery? Do they have to blow up your abdoman when doing the surgery? Is there a pre-op diet like before the band? How long till you go back to work?

I had no gas. They pain was less for me. I would say you could go to an office job in one week. You won't feel great, but you won't feel that bad either. Mainly, tired. No on the preop diet, since there was plenty of space from losing weight from the band.

By week 3, I feel pretty much like I never even had the surgery.

Hi Jaffa, how are you doing with your new sleeve now? I'm 4 weeks out and feel great, but am so nervous that (like you said) something terrible will happen. Hope it's going well. I'm down 10Kgs (22 pounds) today.I really hope it continues.

So glad to hear this is easier than the original band surgery! I remember being so swollen in my abdomen after the band. And the pain in my shoulder from the gas was horrible (as was that stupid port site). Is that really not an issue this time?

Wasn't for me.

I also went off the Nexium this week with no issues at all. All seems perfect.....I think, I may be one of those 0 complications people.

Wow that is so awesome! I'm getting my sleeve on 10/15. my band has been out since 7/8, so my tummy will be all nice and squishy for Dr Aceves. I hope to be like you and have 0 complications. When I had my band removed, I woke up and felt great, but had a horrible pain for a few weeks where the port was adhered to my stomach muscle. that is all better now!

Glad to see you are doing great!

My wife has tried a couple of times to go off of the nexium, and it just doesn't work....for me, it was a piece of cake.

Wasn't for me.

I also went off the Nexium this week with no issues at all. All seems perfect.....I think, I may be one of those 0 complications people.

That's great too. Did you still have some weight to lose? How is your eating now compared to the band? Am enjoying being able to keep my food down without throwing up everything like when I had my band. 30 days and no throwing up. Such relief.