Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision SUCCESS at goal

I just wanted to share it has been 4 1/2 months since I had my band removed and I am at my goal.

The band was a nightmare for me the multiple fills (which I had to pay for since I had my band done in Mx) food getting stuck, being afraid to eat, puking, sliming and knowing I had a foreign body in me with the port showing like a tumor!

Strong advice: if you are getting a revision I would advise you choose a surgeon who has experience in revisions-it is not the same as a new sleeve, there is scar tissue involved making the surgery more challenging-this is not "routine surgery".

I followed Dr Aceves post-surgery diet but modified it with the Cornell post-sleeve diet.

My hunger is very much under control, I don't log in or count any calories. I am a professional dieter I KNOW what is in what! I eat enough Protein (I still drink Protein Drinks but I did that before I got the band)

I didn't/don't obsess about the scale didn't weight myself every day, weekly at best. Gauged how I was doing by how my clothes fit. Had a "collection size 16 to size 6". I got to goal a few years ago using sparkspeople, but like usual (got to goal w/weight watchers, TOPS, Atkins...) I gained the weight back. That is why I got the band to put an end to the obsession w/food. The band didn't do that for me but the sleeve so far has done that for me.

Finally wearing my size 6 comfortably. People have noticed how "skinny" I am. I eat for nutrition, there is little room for much else! I have given my sizes 16 to 8 away, I have never done that before. Size 8 was the hardest to let go of.

I would not have done the revision without this board. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you:001_wub:

Dee

CONGRATULATIONS DEE!! This is exactly what I need to see right now! I am finally making it a priority to do this. If I have to pay OOP, I will. I'm quite tired of trying to make my band work. I'm not knocking the band it just wasn't in the cards for me. Some people are really successful with it, I was NOT one of them.

I deal with hunger EVERY DAY! I'm either too tight or not near tight enough, etc. Too tight and I'm gargling my own stomach fluids all night! I think I've gotten over 20 fills/unfills in the last near 3 years. I'm almost back to my surgery weight so I find out and I've worked on it for the last month and nada. I'm done.

That being said, can you please tell me - what is it that you prefer with the sleeve over the band, since you are experienced in both now.

Thank you!

Brilliant news Dee. I'm a year out from my revision and haven't reached goal yet but am slowly working towards it. You've done really well - well done!

Thank you for posting today! I'm having a revision on Thursday and I needed some positive reinforcement. I'm so nervous that I'm going to wake up and the doctor say that I had too much scar tissue and they couldn't do anything for me :). I'm also nervous about this not working for me.