Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hi Zoe,

I'd love to take the size 22s from torrid... I love that store!! I even used to work there in the summer just to get a discount! lol In fact, I bought a shirt from there today! You should check their website out- its an extra 50% off of clearance right now! :girl_hug:

Just let me know what to do about paying for shipping or whatnot... :)

Thanks!

Great job over turkey day everyone!

My pumpkin Soup was delicious and I was soo glad to be on liquids :) I needed this fill!!!!

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I sure did. I couldn't eat much turkey but the other stuff was sure good. I didn't overdo it on the food but the Desserts got me. Oh well it was just one day. My hubby went to Wal-mart at 5am yesterday and bought a bunch of neat stuff. He bought me a desk top computer for which I am on right now and I love it. He bought 2 flat screen TV's. One for me and one for him. He bought a microwave which I don't know why and a vacuum cleaner that really works good. I am going to put up my christmas tree and decorations this weekend. Next weekend we are going to my daughter's house in Waco. We are looking for a kitten to adopt. We are going to look in Waco when we go. Well I need to start putting up the tree and stuff so I will talk to you guys later. Hope you weekends are great. Hugs

Finally able to check in...Thanksgiving was very nice with my family.

I ate a bit of turkey, some stuffing with wild rice in it, and rutabegas with butter on them (my favorite). I also had a piece of French Silk pie with a bit of ice cream. I let myself and told myself not to feel guilty.

Back on liquids part of the day today...I don't want to get in the habit of having so much food...even though I know it wasn't a lot, it seemed like it to me.

Sounds like everyone had a great day. I'm weighing tomorrow to see what the damage is.

It's been a little while since I posted...seems from the recent posts that everyone is doing very well.

I've been on vacation & although I was thrilled to have the time off, I was also terrified of what the end result would be when added to THE eating :hungry: holiday of the year. We just returned from a 15 day Hawaiian cruise...lord, there was excellent food everywhere 24/7. & then came home to Thanksgiving feasts. & you know what? Somehow with all that, I STILL managed to lose 2 pounds. I am completely amazed & truly thankful for what the band has helped me accomplish to date.

We are ALL truly blessed to have come so far...

Take care everyone!

hi all!

I don't know what a NSV is?..... but I think I had one. I had a moment last night.... I had a big giant try-on-a-thon with all my clothes and couldn't believe what a difference. Clothes that I haven't tried on in a long time that used to fit were huge, and clothes that never fit before were looking hot! I have gone down about 2 sizes already. It was so satisfying to fit in new stuff. I am trying to resist shopping at all for a while so I don't waste my money!

Leona I pm'd you about clothes....

i don't think i've posted since my last fill.

i was so worried about this one. Well, it has lasted. I can't eat as much as i used to. I still can eat a good amount but its more on the normal side. I can still eat and i like that but its just getting used to not eating everything on your plate. I'm still getting used to not eating everthing in front of me. other than that everything is going okay. I like the fill. I'm really worried about the next one. Hopefully i won't need one. I don't think i'll be happy with the next one because that might be too much restriction.

How much does everyone eat now?

On average. What would be a normal amount for you?

I'm just curious. I want to know what amount i should be aiming for.

I'm glad to hear everyone's holiday went good.

I still have alot of left over turkey to eat. So that's probably what i'm going to indulge in right now. :)

Hey guys I found a new Protein Drink that I kindof like. It is a fruit drink called Isopure. It comes in all kinds of flavors. I have only tried the grape flavor (which was good). It has 40 grams of Protein, 0 grams of carbs, sugar, fat per serving and it only has 160 calories. I am going to try the orange,banana,pinapple flavor tomorrow. I hope it is good too. It comes in a bottle but once you find your favorite you can buy it in bulk and save. I haven't decided which flavor I like yet. I got it at GNC. I haven't had a very good few days. Nothing seems to stay down very good. I did get some eggs tonight to stay down so I might have that again tomorrow. I hope you all are doing good and I hope you all have a great week next week. We are watching our 6th foolball game this weekend and I am about to scream. I like football but 6 games come on. Oh well I am going to get ready for bed and read my book. It is not about football. I will talk to you all tomorrow. Hugs

Hey everyone - checking in...

Got on the scale this morning and at the begining of my TOM I'm down 2lbs. I had been up about 4, but since my fill, I'm down those 4 plus another 2. I had DH get a few more tops out of my "some day bin" and I got two pairs of pants in a 2X.

Congrats on the NSV, VLP! NSV means "non scale victory" and that's exactly what you had with the clothes fitting.

Jessica - nice to see you here! Since we were banded the same day, it's nice to hear from you :) I am still having my Slim Fast shakes once or twice a day because I really like them. I eat about 4 heaping tsps of cottage cheese and a snack cup of diced peaches for lunch, or soup; and then for dinner I have some chicken or other Protein meat and some veggie. My band is at 8cc's, so I don't take in much, but that's the way I wanted it. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Beth - I can't believe you watched that much football!! The drink you found sounds yummy...I've never heard of it. I still don't know why you have problems keeping your food down...when is your next appt?

Well, after a nice long weekend (no work/school Wed - Fri and then the weekend) it's back to work tomorrow. I'm going to get out the holiday decorations and decorate my office. Hopefully the kids are healthier coming back to school as we had a lot of sick kids before the break.

Have a great night!

Hi everyone,

I passed one more kidney stone on Thanksgiving day, ouchhhhhh. I go back to my doctor tomorrow. Hope all goes well. It's been a rough ole week. My fill is still very tight. It's weird though. Some days nothing gets stuck and others everything gets stuck. I've been debating on getting about .2 taken out. Pretty sure I will since fills don't cost but boy that 10 hour drive.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and wish you a great week. Oh, those Isopure drinks, they sold them at the GNC when I had surgery in Mexico and my surgeon swears by them. He said they kind of taste like liquid Jello, is that true?

I guess I need to buy some for those days nothing wants to go down.

Have a great week everyone,

Hugs,

I know just how you feel Sherri. I am the same way. Some days and some kinds of food goes down great and then some days and some food just don't want to stay down. I am going back to the doctor in two weeks and I might have to have an unfill if this keeps up. I haven't lost any weight at all which is weird because I am not eating very much. I plan on using the Isopure drinks as much as I can to help me get my Protein. Yes that describes them. Liquid Jello kind of. It is not a strong flavor just a subtle flavor. They are drinkable for me. I have never found anything else that I liked to drink so I hope this will work. I am glad that I am not alone on this issue.

;) Hey everyone,

its been a pretty long while since i last posted. just a little recap... i was banded on july 10th have lost 26pds and just found out that i am 7 weeks pregnant. it was a big surprise and come to find out i got pregnant because i have a cyst on my left ovary which made me ovulate at a weird time. anyways, i have had 3 fills and am doing much better. i really have NOT gained any weight since becoming pregnant. thankgoodness! with my daughter i gained 60pds and my son i gained 50.!! my dr's say everything looks great and the baby has a strong healthy heart beat! thanksgiving was nice and i really was not able to over eat and then i went on a hike with the family. it was fun!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well and i'll be sure to keep everyone posted with my little surprise!!!

Lisa:clap2:

:)

Here's to you Lisa and God bless!!!!! Be well!!!

Stephanie...wow...no wonder you have lost so much so quickly...you eat so little. That is nothing short of amazing you are not starving!!! How do you do it??? Wish I could do that!!! The band helps but still...that's not a lot of food!!!!

:faint: Here's to all my fellow July-sters who fall down, brush themselves off and try again. This ain't easy girlfriends!!!!! :help: ;) :help: :) :help: :rolleyes: :help:

;) s and :kiss2: es!!

Ruthie

Okay all, I need advice.

I am at 2.6 cc fill in a 4cc band. Okay, I my last fill on October 7. since that time I have lost about 6 lbs. However, since October 22 I have been totally stuck between about 168 and 166 or so. I exercise everyday, swimming for about 40 minutes M-F and about 3 times a week I also work out in the afternoon, treadmill and weighttraining, although not very hard. In the evenings, for the most part, I can eat whatever I want. I can eat about 4- 6 oz of fish or chicken and a half cup of veggies and about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of starch. At lunch time, about 2 times a week, I can eat NOTHING. Today, for example, I took 2 tiny bites of food, chewed it up good and stuck it was so I had to throw out my lunch. I am a teacher and only really get about 20 minutes to eat. I try really hard not to rush.

today, I was just about to call and schedule my fill appointment when I got stuck.

I am a bit frustrated. I get about 60-70 grams of Protein each day, drink about 32 oz of Water. I just don't know if a fill would make me too tight, or would help me continue to lose weight. I think I'm eating about 1500 calories a day (that is what it is each time I check).

any ideas?

Any one been in this type of situation. I really don't want to get overfilled.

I know what you mean. I got my last fill and put me at 3 cc's in a 4 cc band and I've been so damn tight I can't hardly eat anything. My fills with the driving 10 hours and the overnight stay and eats usually cost me about 750.00. So, that's why I haven't rushed back for an unfill. I get stuck on everything. It's getting really next to me and I went back to my pcp today for a follow up after being dismissed from the hospital from my kidney stones and I've only lost 3 pounds in one whole month. I was losing 2 pounds a week before this fill. Tonight, I eat one bite of homemade enchiladas and stuck. For Breakfast I eat one bite of ham, stuck. For lunch I thought well I know I can eat a few chips because they're crunchy and sure enough I eat a handful. I can't eat chicken, hardly no Proteins. What is a person to do. I know I've been banded for 4 months and should know what to do but I'm so confused. I guess a slight unfill is my only option. I was just kinda hoping with time it would losen up. What do you guys think?