Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

YAY chris! Good for you! What a great feeling to start feeling comfy in your skin.. it will just get better and better for you. Congrats on the grades!!

I am heading back to school myself. I was accepted to the local community college. I am going to major in Early Childhood Education and specialize in remedial reading. That is what I want to do. I have found that since I had the surgery, bought my house on my own etc, I have the confidence to really go for my dreams. Becoming a teacher in my 30s isn't what most do but I am determined and have a VERY supportive fiance..

I also plan (once we are married in may) to start our family. Granted I won't be at goal, but I will be much more healthier than I was a year ago! I just hope I can juggle being a student, working full time and probably being pregnant.. LOL Alot of women do it and so can I!

I am pretty much back to myself.. no more coughing really. I am heading back to the gym probably this weekend. Sunday I am thinking. Tomorrow I head to the surgeon's.. going to see if he is pleased with the loss. ( I am sure he will be!) and then see if I get anymore fills.. not sure if I need one at this point.

I do have to say, I was bad tonight. I had some ice cream. Now, I am typically not a sweets person but "Aunt Flo" is here (sorry chris lol) and I was CRAVING it. So I had a small dish and now I am satisfied and probably won't have it for a long time. I had to just get it over with. We normally don't even keep it in the house. I am sure my fiance will polish off the rest this weekend! Thank Goodness!

Hugz to all!

DonnaMarie :P

Okay.. update on me.. I show a weight loss of 18 lbs since Feb 23rd.. I have a brand new digital scale and weigh myself nekkid.. the doc's office shows 15 lbs. Either way.. very good.. but you know I am going by the nekkid weight.. LOL

Anyway, no fill needed since I lost so much but I do have some issues.. first off is I am very anemic.. probably why I am so run down lately and it took sooo long to get over my bronchitis. Also deficient in Vitamin D and Vitamin B12.. the B12 amazes my doc because that is usually happens to bypass patients. But he said I may have been deficient before surgery or am just the type of person that cannot absorb it as well as others. sooooo prescription Vitamins for me. If the B12 doesn't come up, I have to have shots.. YEOUCH..

NO wonder I am so tired!!!! I work out and was waiting for the "energy high" that one gets from regularly exercising and I just kept getting more tired. I am also supposed to eat more red meat.. I typically eat red meat once or twice a week.. My fiance will be happy with that! He is a meat eater. *grin*

Anyway, I am off to work.. hope everyone has a great day!

~Donnamarie~

Donna Marie, I wonder how you are suspose to bring up your Iron. I too am low on Iron, but am afraid to get my iron pill stuck AGAIN. Ew. That was gross. I will try to find out if there is a liquid iron, or Multivitamin that has a good iron count.

Anyway, AWESOME weight loss. I am totally jealous.

I am stuck at 218. I am taking the kids to Disneyland in the middle of April, so I will book a fill when I get back. Didn't want to be too tight for the flight or Disneyland for that matter, not that I plan to pig out, but would like to be able to have my tiny meals. I will take some Atkin's Bars for lunches, but will be eating out dinner, which I don't like doing. I guess I can order Soup or an appetizer.

Anyway, just keeping up my journal.

Well, the nurse gave me Iron pills but said I could break them up. I shouldn't have too much trouble. I start them tomorrow. I already take 2 pills a day for high blood pressure and PCOS.. so I will just make the Iron pills the same size as those.

I can't wait to be feeling better. Who knew all this exhaustion was from being anemic??

Night all!

Donnamarie:)

DonnaMarie - glad you're figuring out why you've been low on energy and slow to recover...weigh to go on the WL!!!

I have been at the same weight for a month now. I got a fill last Thursday. Today, I had a major incident - my LQ got stuck at school on my lunch break! I had to stay in the bathroom and PB until it subsided...not something I want to do again. I think that when I am having lunch with the teachers, and talking and not paying attention to what I'm doing, I don't chew well enough and just swallow and then BAM! It's too late. So I'm going to stick to softer foods for lunch instead of chicken and vegetables and save those for dinner when I'm at home and can pace myself. This is the second time it has happened in two weeks. So I have to change something!

Anyway - I wanted to be down 100 by yesterday (my 40th bday) but I was down 93 on Friday...so I got pretty darn close!

My knees are extremely bad right now - I see the knee surgeon April 3rd for a consultation. However, I just found out they are doing minimally invasive knee replacement surgery in the Twin Cities that would be a quicker recovery time and might enable me to have both done at once. So I'm going to make some calls. Cross your fingers and say prayers that this way would work out better for me :)

Talk to you all soon!

Stephanie.

Sorry about the PB! I teach and have decided ever since my last fill in Dec. that I will only eat soft foods at lunch, there is just not enough time plus it is WAY too fun to talk. So I drink or eat Soup and then eat a cottage double. I have been doing this since January when we came back from winter break and have not PBed at lunch since. Before that, some for a while it was twice a week. I'm a slow learner. Congrats on the weight loss and keep it UP!

I'm shooting for 53 lbs gone by April fool's day. 1 lb to go!

Reached my goal today. Woo hoo.

How did I do it?

EXERCISE

I walk at least 1 hour everyday. Faster now then I did at first. At first it was 1/2 mile in 35 minutes. Now 4 miles in 1 hour 5 minutes.

Please everyone who doesn't exercise, walk out your house tonight and walk 15 minutes away from your house and walk back. Do NOT worry what the neighbors will think or how slow you are going. You will add to your progress and have the last laugh when you neighbors start saying I can tell you have lost weight.

I remember thinking that everyone one is thinking , she NEEDS to walk (haha) but I would tell myself yeah and thats why I AM walking.

Good luck all you july 06 bandsters

edie

Reached my goal today. Woo hoo.

How did I do it?

EXERCISE

I walk at least 1 hour everyday. Faster now then I did at first. At first it was 1/2 mile in 35 minutes. Now 4 miles in 1 hour 5 minutes.

Please everyone who doesn't exercise, walk out your house tonight and walk 15 minutes away from your house and walk back. Do NOT worry what the neighbors will think or how slow you are going. You will add to your progress and have the last laugh when you neighbors start saying I can tell you have lost weight.

I remember thinking that everyone one is thinking , she NEEDS to walk (haha) but I would tell myself yeah and thats why I AM walking.

Good luck all you july 06 bandsters

edie

How wonderful is that! Congratulations! You must have worked very hard for your loss and you are a real inspiration.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hey everyone!

I am doing pretty good. Having a HARD time with the Iron pills. They are so hard to take. I break them up in like 4 pieces. Also have to take more Fiber cuz Iron can stop things from movin if you know what I mean!

Today I had the feeling of the munchies but I got past it. I have a hard time eating in the morning.. very tight.. so sometimes I skip and that is bad cuz I get hungrier later in the day. So, I am going to get back to at least drinking a Carnation IB in the morning. I should be able to tolerate that.

Can I just tell you guys.. and sorry if TMI.. but lately, romantically, things have been GREAT with my fiance and I. I don't know but losing the weight and inches has increased things! *evil grin* Sorry if TMI again but just thought if anyone would understand, you guys would!.. My honey wont leave me alone!!! :)

Well, I am off now.. gonna read some and then head to bed. (and will be sleeping.. LOL)

Love to all!

~Donnamarie~ :P

I went out yesterday and bought 3 new jeans and 3 new shorts. All in size 12. Put on a new shirt in L that I had not wore and it was too big!!

I'm taking it back.

Just wanted to share what it feels like being at goal. The what size will I wear is over. Oh yeah new panties too.

I even ordered a new bathing suit from Blair.com in a 12! "12" is my story and I sticking to it. tee hee:p

edie

I went out yesterday and bought 3 new jeans and 3 new shorts. All in size 12. Put on a new shirt in L that I had not wore and it was too big!!

I'm taking it back.

Just wanted to share what it feels like being at goal. The what size will I wear is over. Oh yeah new panties too.

I even ordered a new bathing suit from Blair.com in a 12! "12" is my story and I sticking to it. tee hee:p

edie

So exciting, it must be such a relief and a literal weight off your back. It must also be expensive. ha! But that is the fun part and you so earned it.

Congratulations. How about an at goal picture with your new clothes on?

So now what eddie? Is your fill where you want it to be?

I agree Ericsmom..

I gotta get back to the gym on monday.. I have stalled as well.. UGH..

Nothing new to report right now.. I am doing better with the Iron pills

I have some things going on this weekend but I will check in with my weight on sunday..

Love to all!

~DonnaMarie~

Just wanted to add my congrats to Edie for reaching goal! Sounds like you are quite pleased, too!! It's fun buying new clothes. Although I'm not at goal, I had to get an entire summer wardrobe as my old clothes didn't fit. I went to CATO and I absolutely love that store. It has bigger sizes for my bigger bottom half and smaller for my top half. Next summer, I will be at goal, so I won't have that issue.

I'm hoping to start a more consistent exercise program. Am thinking of joining Curves, again, if they have a special. I also am thinking I could just do some good ole walking and riding my exercise bike. It's just that my arms are quite flabby and maybe doing some machines would be good for them

Take care!!