Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody got tattoos??

My tat is also my avatar (very bad photo). It is a double headed phoenix. One is looking to my past with an almost sad expression, the other is looking to my future with an expectant expression. I saw something like it on-line and made some changes to it so it was just right for me. For years I told my DH that for our 10 year anniversary, I wanted the 10 year diamond band. About a month or so from said anniversary, I decided to get something that had more meaning. My DH and I met when I was 17 and he was 18. At that time we were both into things that I hope and pray my children never do:pray: . We were going to get married as soon as I turned 18 and on the wedding day we both wanted to get tattoo’s. Thank the Lord that we didn’t get married at that time. I believe that God separated us so that we both could grow up. When we got back together, we both realized that now we were ready to make a commitment for life. We were married on the 10 year anniversary of the week we met and when we got our tats had been married 10 years. Mine is still not done. I decided that I want to add the sun and moon over it to represent my son and daughter. I also had the sign for a female above my ummmmm..... "hoo-hoo", but it was blown apart by a stretch mark:cry so now it is just a circle and a plus sign. I also have a cross on my hip. My DH has and eagle ripping out of his arm with the flag behind it.

My entire life I was totally against tattoos....for myself, just never ever wanted one or thought I would. Well, 2 weeks before my 18th birthday my mindset changed, lol. So on my birthday I got a little pink star on my foot. Then about a year later when I was in Hawaii my sister and I decided to do something crazy. So she got a vine of flowers and I made my pink star a shooting star...so I can always have a star to wish on, hehe. Here they both are.

At some point I think I want to get another one, I have a design in mind that is two heart connected, that has a little special meaning to my boyfriend and I.

post-206378-13813133458996_thumb.jpg

Thanks Amy, I love it too. When I had just the pink star you couldnt even see it when I wore flip flops, this one you still hardly ever see it when I'm wearing my flip flops(which I pretty much live in, even in winter in Nebraska) I like it that way, it was just for me. And I have always known I ddnt want a tattoo that showed in any kind of formal dress or what not. I know its ok for some, just not for me. I was wedding dress shopping with a friend and a girl came in with ones on her shoulders and arms, she tried little white jackets on over the dresses to cover the tats...and my friend had a big green shamrock on her lower back and she really wanted a very lowcut dress to show off her back, her "dream dress" showed the tattoo and since she had tried the makeup to cover it and it hadnt really worked she ended up going with a different cut dress.

But hey i'm a crazy girl who has been thinking about my wedding since I was 5, so it's a big deal to me, lol.

i have this tattoo on my lower back. the center is a chinese/celtic symbol (the symbol appears in both cultures) meaning 'all is one' and the circles around it are framing. hopefully you can see it... first time pic and all. i also plan to get a large tree of life from my right hip up my right back. i'm thinking that will be my reward for reaching goal.

post-205197-13813133459345_thumb.jpg

The year my Dad died, my sister and I got identical tatoos of butterflies on our right foot. I went first and mine is located right above my 4th-5th toe ... skin is really thin there and I recommended my sister get her's a little higher... so they aren't in exactly the same spot. When I reach my goal weight I want to get some type of butterfly design on the small of my back. Just like a butterfly, I feel like I'm emerging from my cocoon!

I've had a design drawn for about 12 years now, but doubt I'll ever get it done. The design I drew is a shape that ends up looking kind of like a celtic knot, but is really a combination of symbols found in my mother & father's (and therefore my) heritages. Then some skin, then a "frame" of a tribal-type sun, but inked to look like stone, not solid black. I designed it for the top of my foot so some of the sun "beams" wind around each other & wrap around an ankle, and some down the foot - gives it a very organic feel. The "beams" that don't wind somewhere else point to the classic location of mine/mom's/dad's/husband's zodiac signs and the "shapes" they're made of are actually everyone's names. Hard to describe, took me about 2 years off/on to finish.

DH wants a tattoo but isn't sure what to get. His current favorite is one I designed - a dolphin (his fav animal) made entirely of the letters of my name in a tribal-ish style... not true tribal, but very sharp, angular, and distirted to fit within the shape of the dolphin. Hard to describe, again - but when you see it from a distance it looks like a randomly striped dolphin, and from up close it looks like a dolphin made of stretched out and angular shapes like ^ V < >. He wanted my name, but I wouldn't want him to have it overtly, so this is a covert way that also forms his fav animal.

I have always wanted something on my big toe........so for 29 years (plus shipping and handling) I've thought about getting one, but was allergic (to pain).....but for some reason, this past Saturday night, I went and got a daisy on my big toe. I wish I had thought more about it, because I'm not really a flower person, but its cute. I'm probably going back this weekend to have a vine or stem or something added to it. I've already decided what I'll get (on my lower back) should I ever decide to get another one.

The tattoo on the inner side of my right ankle is the japanese kanji for Eternity. On the other ankle on the outside is this tribal type thing with a gem in it. I want to get another one, and beyond not knowing what to get, I don't know where to get it.

I am trying to work on a design for my sisters and I. All three of us have the same initials SJ (last names different now that my sis is married), so I want to design something with SJ in it. I told my mom about it, and she said "If you do that, you have to design something for me that has SJ in it 3 times. My mom is cool. ;)

tattoo16be.jpg

That's on my right butt cheek ;) I got a 3 or 4 years ago.

When I lose a lot of weight I will add to it and make it bigger.

Wow i really feel like the rebel girl now !! LOL I ahve 12 tats total so far!

rose over left breast

mickey on ankle

goofy on other ankle

anorexic fairy (suppossed to be a pinup but she didnt turn out that way) on calf

flaming sun on other calf

popsicle on top of left foot

clover on big toe

large back piece with flaming heart and wings

chinese symbol on back of neck

mike on finger

Angel dice on back of left arm

devil dice on back of right

once i get at goal i am getting one to signify my journy..

heres a few pics but i have pics of them all

thumpr1.jpg

feelinglucky.jpg

Fairy.jpg

I have a butterfly on the left breast that I got when I got divorced. My husband had always told me that "only sluts have tattoos", but for me the butterfly meant freedom. I have a Harley-Davidson emblem on my left butt cheek. When I was smaller, it looked like it could be on a Sporster--------now it is definitely a Wide Glide! I was at my Dr.s office a couple of weeks after I got the tatt and the nurse was about to give me shot. She looked at the tattoo and said Fran, I didn't know you were into Harleys. I told her I wasn't, I had been into the tequilla.

I have 5 hearts inside my ankle. I have 5 grandbabies. 4 girls which is pink hearts and one boy which is a blue hearts. The pink hearts are around the blue one. I told my girls I was putting a heart for everyone of my babies. The babies love looking at them and picking out there hearts. My oldest is girl 4, boy 3, girl 6mon. and girl 5mon. Yes the babies are 3 weeks apart. One from each of my girls.

Since before I got the band I was wanting to do a seagull (my late sister was very inspired by Jonathan Livingston Seagull). I want to do it near or over my port site or the scar for my port. Anyone know about tattooing over or near a scar?

I have a tat of a "bird of paradise" on my left thigh. Basically, it's a peacock with it's feathers down instead of up.

When I reach goal, my plan is to get another tat. I'd like a phoenix, but I haven't decided on the exact design yet or location (I'm thinking near my port, if it's possible to tattoo over a scar). I want the phoenix to symbolize the new me rising out of the ashes of what once was.