Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TOM......freaky restriction

Do you get odd restriction that time?

I have always read this and never experienced this until now, 7 mo post op. I woke up in the middle of the night last night to take my rings off (which usually rollaround my fingers now!). This morning I took my first sip of coffee and it barely gurgled through, and I have not been the LEAST bit tight for the last month! Heeded the warning and had a Protein Drink for Breakfast, but had a grilled chicken salad for lunch and PB'd!!!!!! I havent done that in weeks/months and forgot how miserable it was! Yep, tried a piece of turkey breast rolled up for dinner and PB'd it also! (I know, I know, liquids for 24 hours, but I guess I thought it was a fluke!) I WILL be on liquids now for at least a day. This sudden change freaks me out!

Lianna- I'm with ya. I was freaking out last month when it happened. I could barely drink Water. It stinks! I considered talking to my doc about changing my birth control to the type where you only have a period every 3 months. I haven't done it yet, but hey, it's a thought.

It lasted the day before my TOM and 3 days after for my band to loosen up a bit. Hope things even out for you soon, I know it's miserable!!

:) Kristin

Join the TOM club!! (ha!) I am always miserable during this time & it has nothing to do with my period - just my band!! For 3 days I can only drink liquids. I think I just retain Water or something more then most. It's no fun!! The good thing is that I usually end up losing 2 lbs from it all. HA!!

I am nervous because I had my fill this last Tuesday. I love it, I finally have restriction. It is so sweet that I may have found my spot.

Here is the but.. I was menstruating when I got my fill. I am going to be so sad if I lose restriction... guess I just have to wait and see.

Is this TOM problem common do you think?

Morsaille,

I noticed on your signature line,you say you might have a leak.What makes you think so? Dr Kuri says I might have a slow leak also.Is this common or what? Sorry to get off the subject of the "tom" club.I haven't had that problem....yet.I just got my 3rd fill on Tuesday and I am so tight right now.This is the 1st time ever that I feel true restriction.I can only get liquids down,but the Dr is testing my restriction level for a week to see if I have a leak.Another thing "what is that non stop gurgling" constantly coming from my throat??!! Anyone else have that after a fill and how long does this last?

It's funny that I spotted this thread just now.... I have a wicked case of PMS, and am fighting the fridge in a big way. I was *so* hungry today. No restriction at all.

I always have very little restriction in the week leading up to TOM, and then during, I have supah restriction (I almost went in for an unfil one month...).

The joys of Womanhood, huh?

Yes, supposedly this phenomena does seem to affect a lot of women bandsters. Some have little or no restriction around that TOM, and some of us (ME!! ME!!) are so tight that sometimes liquids hurt. My doctor blames it on bloating. But regardless, it still stinks to be a woman sometimes! :)

;) Kristin

LISA

Ive had about 4 fills now and this is the first time Ive had that growl sort of strange sound lol coming from my throat ! If I take a deep breath sometimes it happens. Ive been trying to see if I can control it and make it happen at will, but no, so I dont supose I can demonstrate it for the DOc,but dang its very strange isnt it?!

I asked my dr. about this and he said that if you normally tend to retain Fluid right before your period that it will cause more restriction, but that it is only temporary.

I too just happened upon this thread. Last night I had the world's biggest restrition problem. It didn't hit me until today that I must have the TOM problem!

It is hilarious that this thread came back up today because I just went for a tiny fill this morning! I have had very little restriction for the past month or two and getting some back was causing me problems, lol! I realized how much I have been able to eat and how careless I gotten with bite size and chewing... because I hadnt had to be cautious AT ALL for weeks! I was only tight like that for Monday and Tuesday.....and then it went right back to my proir not very restricted self. I only got a .2cc fill so if this happens again next month I should be okay by then, and not get too tight! It definitely had to do with Water retention, the very next day after my tightness/PB episode my rings were rolling around again and I was back to "normal". (BUT, like a good girl I stuck with mushies and starved all day, lol)

Just checking in to remind people....THIS SUCKS!!

This is the day before "that time of the month" and I am DYING!!!! I know it is that time of the month...so I don't want to get any taken out yet...just wanted to gripe to those that understand.

HOLY YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, this is the second month in a row this has happened to me. It is miserable but i try to look on the bright side - i lose a couple of pounds. I do waste a lot of money buying or making food and then i can only take a few bites. My problem is that today is Thursday and my TOM ended sunday and I am still too restricted. I like the idea that someone mentioned about taking the birth control pill that makes you only have your period three times a year.