Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9-15 May - Pledge your Points!

Hello Everyone and Welcome Aboard!

This thread is for everyone who needs motivation to get moving and to help make us accountable to ourselves and one another.

The plan is to draw up a new thread each week , running from Sunday to Saturday.

You are awarded "Points" for exercise, and everyone works to their own ability.

You get 1 Point for every 10 minutes of exercise. You choose whatever activity you wish.

Each week you pledge your points on board - making a committment to achieve them, and then you strive to reach your own goal.

You keep your own score and at the end of the week you let us all know just how well you did.

Hopefully, this will be fun!

We are looking for EVERYONE to join in.

I will start by pledging 15 Points for the remainder of this week. (It is a short week!)

Come on and join in.

Remember each 10 minutes of exercise = 1 Point

Booklean

I bumping this up to get some support.

I would love some company along the way.

Please join in

Even 10 minutes per day works out at 7 points per week.

I think I get it ... I skipped Sunday, but counting yesterday's adventures on the treadmill I'm going to pledge 15 points, and yesterday puts me 4 down (for 40 minutes, right?). Have I got it right? I like this! :o

Hi Stacey,

You are well on your way.

Only another 110 minutes of activity to clock up before Saturday night.

I am just back from a 45 minute walk, where I will be awarding myself 4.5 points. I really should be able to walk this distance in approx 35 minutes, but I did my best, and get the extra points for being slow!

What's nice about this is that we chose Our own activity, work at our own pace and select our own goals.

So keep up the good work,

Booklean

Since everyone on here knows how much I love exercise (NOT!) and that I'm gradually working my way up, I will pledge 8 points for 80 minutes of exercise this week.

It's a small start, but it's a start. Going for 20+ minutes tonight after work. (Meeting was scheduled during my lunch hour so unable to walk at lunch today.)

Okay, Yikes! Well I am going to pledge 20 minutes of exercise every day including today so I will pledge to get 100 points. I am pretty sure I can do this. Thanks for the encouragement Mini and Booklean.

Okay, Yikes! Well I am going to pledge 20 minutes of exercise every day including today so I will pledge to get 100 points. I am pretty sure I can do this. Thanks for the encouragement Mini and Booklean.

Maybe I am doing the math wrong, but I think you mean 100 minutes so that would be 10 points. If you are really working towards 100 points, I am REALLY impressed! :001_tongue: You go girl!

Bad at math and exercise, what a rough day! You are right mini, I want 10 points. Thank you lady!!!

I'm in! This is Wednesday and I did 30 minutes on my treadmill tonight so that's 3 points. I pledge to do a total of 6 more points before Saturday. I am so glad you started this Booklean, I have been working out but I skipped last night. Hopefully this thread will not only make me accountable but inspire me to workout longer!

I got 45 minutes on the treadmill this afternoon, and did about 15 minutes of upper-body strengthening at work yesterday, for 60 minutes of work, putting me at 11/15 points for the week.

I really like this idea and thread!

Bad at math and exercise, what a rough day! You are right mini, I want 10 points. Thank you lady!!!

LOL - that's what Sleeve Buddies are for!

Update on me - I exercised on Tuesday, but totally skipped it on Wednesday. Just in a blah mood & couldn't find the motivation. Oh well, as they say "Rome was not built in a day". :thumbup:

LOL - that's what Sleeve Buddies are for!

Update on me - I exercised on Tuesday, but totally skipped it on Wednesday. Just in a blah mood & couldn't find the motivation. Oh well, as they say "Rome was not built in a day". :blush:

So true!!!

Hello Everyone,

It's Saturday evening and I am linking up with you to let you know how I did with my exercise this week. I pledged 15 points which amounts to 150 minutes!

I thought I would have been able to do this no bother, but as it turns out I had to make an extra special effort today to get up to the 15 today. It turned out to be a little struggle, but I am pleased now that it is done.

I hope you all achieved your goals this week.

Please log in to this thread and let us know how things went for you.

I will be starting a new thread for next week. Every week is a new week, and you can make new goals. log into the new thread also and pledge your points for next week.

Everyone welcome!

Come on and join in in the fun.

Booklean

I am checking in to say that I did NOT get my points!! :) I did 30 minutes on the treadmill on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. My goal is Mon-Friday 30 minutes each night. I really appreciate this thread and am really going to strive to hit my 150 this coming week! Congratulations to everyone who acheived their goal!