Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded in 05 and have seen very little progress as I fell into the 40% of people who have little or no success with the band. I am going to get sleeved on MAY 12 and I am so excited to get the band out and very nervous/excited for the Sleeve.

The idea of losing 80% of my stomach sounds so bizarre. LOL, I am looking forward to the new life and weight loss finally. For years I felt so depressed because I felt like the band never worked as hard as I did. Every time I went for a fill I would throw up so much they had to loosen it. GRRR.

Anyways I just wanted to say HI and I hope to get to know and share things with all of you. IF anyone is from CEN CAL drop me a line.

My doctor is DR. SWARTZ in Fresno.

Welcome!! I am only two weeks out from surgery and feel very grateful already. This is a great board, there are loads of people who can offer advice or just a listening ear. I hope May 12th flies here for you!!!

Welcome! Good luck with your revision. Let us know what questions you may have.

For those who have been sleeved, after the surgery does your hunger go away? For those who it doesnt can you take diet pills? Is there even a need? After failing so badly on the band I am so scared that I am goingt to fail on the sleeve too.

My dear I have not been banded but I am a little over two weeks post op, my starting weight was the same as yours and I think you'll be great. I have experienced almost no hunger. There is a weird false sense of hunger you'll have if you don't take your prevacid, but really I've been very lucky. And even the hunger I have had hasn't been compulsive like it had been in the past. Also, if you need extra help like support groups or therapies don't be afraid to use them. You will succeed at this!!!!

Wannalise, thanks for your words. I guess I just am so hopeful that I can reverse the effects of the band which have left my self esteem in the dumps. I cant wait for the sleeve and think your progress in less then a month is amazing.

Just because one tool doesn't work for you doesn't mean you've failed. This whole thing is a journey. There are lots of folks in this forum who have been more successful with the sleeve and found it to be more what they need. I don't know if you are a spiritual person or not so I apologize if I offend you with this, but I truly believe that we are all sent to this Earth to learn certain things, and all of us learn them different ways, I have learned so much by being an overweight girl. Lots of the things that I now love about my life wouldn't have come my way otherwise. But now, I am ready to learn new things, and I am learning them by overcoming this challenge. And I am sure that food and my addiction to it will be a challenge to me for the rest of my life, but I believe that with support of people in forums like this, family and friends, and the tool of my sleeve that I am ready to meet that challenge head on. We really can do this. It is time to quit beating ourselves up. Lets just get this done!

I am so there and completely agree. I am ready to do this day by day and learn how to be alive again. Thanks for all of your kind words. I cant wait to get the surgery done and get started. I am not overly spiritual although when its needed I can harness its power for my benefit.

THanks for your help.

From one California to another.... Welcome!

I know a guy that was Sleeved the same day as me. He had just gone through two failed bands and he's in heaven with his Sleeve. Down 35 pounds in 7 weeks and very happy about it all.

Are you a Kaiser patient? I was Sleeve at Kaiser Richmond up here in N. Ca.

Hey there, and welcome. I can honestly tell you that the hunger thing is nothing like with the band. I had a band for 8 short months, and revised to the sleeve due to complications. I truly never get hungry, and have to remind myself to eat every day. It's a weird transition from being a volume eater and literally thinking of food constantly to never thinking about food except for planned meals. The sleeve clips the hunger, it truly forces you to make better choices in what you put in your body, and I absolutely love that there are zero food restrictions.

Best wishes with your revision. Getting rid of the band and revising to the sleeve was the very best thing I ever did for myself. I'm loving life post-op, and if you have any specific questions feel free to contact me.