Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

considering surgery please help!!!

I'm considering getting VSG. :001_unsure:I would defintely perfer this versus the lapband. I am really afraid of being put to sleep and the complications. I have a praying friend who will come with me for support. I know my family will be worried about me going to Mexico but I have faith in Dr. Aceeves and his experience. Please provide any advice you can. I'm a single mom and I really need to do this for myself. I recently lost 30 pounds by my weight tends to move up and down constantly. I try to work out at ;east 45 minutes 3 times a week. I'm so nervous about surgery!! Please Help!!!

I had sleeve with Dr Aceves on Oct 30 2009. It was wonderful and the best surgery experience of my life (I have had 17 prior surgeries). I did not have any problems with nausea from anesthesia like I normally do. I also had no pain. I have never had better care from a doctor or a hospital. Dr. Aceves saw me 3 times a day every day in the hospital and took time to answer all of my questions. Dr Campos went over all of my medications and aftercare plans. They are the best. Don't worry about going to Mexico--Ernesto, the driver, will pick you up at the airport and take you to your hotel and to the hospital. It is safe and friendly. PM me if you have any questions.

JoyfulJoy - welcome to the VST family -- I had never been put under anethesia before and was very concerned too - just be sure and talk to the anesthesiologist and let him know your concerns -- I came out of it without any problems whatsoever - I am sure you will do fine as well. You will love Dr. Aceves and Dr. Campos and the entire staff - you will never have the type of care in any US hospital that you will get in Mexicali - and you will be safe the entire time you are there. The resort is very beautiful and the staff extremely helpful. As Norma said, if you have any questions PM me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches