Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK, some of mine; some might be a little X-rated or offensive, sorry 'bout that but we've all been there:

1. Not having to be a contortionist to wipe your butt. Sorry, I warned you.

2. Being able to glimpse the hoo-hoo in the shower over the belly which is getting smaller.

3. Being able to feel the "C" down below whereas before it was hiding like a turtle and you had to hunt for it with both hands.

4. The "U-Touch" works much better now because the nerve endings are much closer to the skin since the fat's gone. (If you need an explanation of what the U-Touch is, think I-Touch and you'll get the picture.

5. Crossing legs is a matter-of-fact position rather than a pretzel twister.

6. You can undress in front of your significant other instead of hiding in the closet with a warning DO NOT ENTER sign on the door.

7. Your jammie bottoms keep falling off you when you turn over in bed cause they're so loose.

8. You're beginning to give yourself some credit for doing all this hard work instead of slamming yourself for how you got into this situation.

9. You look into the mirror and smile focusing on your achievements instead of all your imperfections.

10. You need a calculator to figure out how much you've lost on any given day instead of having it in your head at all times.

11. You catch guys looking at you out of the corner of your eye because you've removed the blinders that didn't want to see anyone looking at you before.

I'm sure there's more, but these come to mind first.:001_smile:

I can TOTALLY relate with the contortionist wiping the butt business. . . do you know HOW MANY times I have literally pulled my back doing this trick? :biggrin0: Nearly totally impossible sometimes, and then break out into a horrible sweat that you need yet another shower! . . so I make sure I constipate myself so that I don't go but 2 x per week. . . horrible mess! Dumb I know but when you're fat you do anything to compensate. . . don't care bout the U touches, hoo hoo's, jammies falling off etc. . . just about this darn hygiene! Can't stand being dirty:angry: (as a little kid, I used to smell everything to make sure it didn't stink, including rocks if I was going to sit on it :laugh0:). . . will be nice though if hubbie can actually hug me all the way around and take up 2 miles and 1/2! Poor thing! ugh

Edited by thinoneday

I have enjoyed reading ALL of these posts on this thread. I haven't had surgery yet, so I am looking forward to having alot of these NSV moments. I found out Wednesday that I am now approved for the SLEEVE surgery and the date is Dec. 2, so it will be soon. I did have a so called Pre-VSG NSV moment recently. I was up to 266 pounds in July and I have been slowly losing some weight, and the last time I weighed at the doctor's office I was at 239 1/2 pounds. I have not bought any new clothes, but I have been able to get into pants that use to fit until I gained all that weight. I have only kept my size 22 pants, I got rid of all my size 24 jeans because I decided I was only going to go down. Well some of my size 22 jeans were too tight because I gained weight in July. I did not want to go out to buy more pants. In August I finally got my butt in gear and started going down. I have lost only about 26+ pounds in 4 1/2 months, but today I wore a pair of jeans that were really baggy on me. The best moment I recently had was just two days ago, I was reclining all the way back in the recliner, laying flat and I told my family, "Look, I can lay flat and now I don't look like I am 9 months pregnant!!". Before when I would lay on my back my belly was big and round and sticking way up in the air. After I said that, I realized that I am losing even though I don't notice it much on the scales. I hope I will have some more moments to tell you about after Dec.2 surgery!!.

Hi Bob! I'm new and in Midland.. close to you! I am thrilled to read your NSV's and look forward to following your progress! The Ipod Touch.. great reward! Enjoy! How to top that.. hmm.... I think that will come to you.. keep us all posted!

~Chandra

The ladies will probably understand this one a little more than the guys.

This is one NSV I have been waiting for the last ummmm decade or so ! ! !

This will probably cause a mental picture, but it's not gross or anything. I just wish someone could of been here to witness my reaction.

Today, getting ready to head to the gym. I pulled on my new yoga type work out pants, and a tee. I was standing (with my legs together), pulling my hair back, and I noticed that I could see a tiny little triangle of light between the space between my thighs and crotch. I was so elated, it was a definite triangle of light gleeming through my legs. I kept bending over to make sure I wasn't seeing things, got on a footstool to see if it changed, I even turned around to see if I could see the light from behind. That wasn't as successful, but it was great that I saw that little light.

Oh yeah, I can totally relate, because I am still waiting...but, my thighs aren't rubbing together anymore, does that count? And, I can cross my legs too! Tiffy, you crack me up, I am going to call you the golden triangle chick..waiting till hubby comes home...

Ha ha Steph, I almost took a picture with my phone but the light from the window in my bathroom it wasn't coming out right.

It cracked me up that I stood there glaring at my crotch in all different positions just to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

My latest NSV has to do with my ball room dance classes.

I made a friend at class and she said I needed skirts and dresses to wear to the dances so guys will ask me to dance.

We made a killing at Goodwill. I bought a bunch of really pretty clothes for about $20.

Then I went to a dance that evening and just had a blast dancing. There is no way I could have done this 95 lbs ago. Feeling confident enough to go to one of the dances and having guys ask me to dance was a great NSV!

Tiffy, you crack me up. I loved that triangle story. I will giggle all day thinking of you contorting trying to get in a better position to see the triangle of light. so cute. I am looking forward to that moment also. You are so far ahead of me. Keep giving me stuff to shoot for.

no patience here, I want it all and I want it now. hahahahaha

Great job everyone. This thread is by far my most favorite. I am only down 38 lbs (out of 100) but have a few to share:

1. Being able to cross my legs under my desk at work

2. Being able to tie my shoes by looking over my knee instead of moving my leg to the outside of my chest

3. Being able to feel my hip bones

4. Starting to see a glimmer of my collar bones. I can't WAIT until they are protruding :L-) - kidding - just can't wait until they are defined.

G

Ha ha Steph, I almost took a picture with my phone but the light from the window in my bathroom it wasn't coming out right.

It cracked me up that I stood there glaring at my crotch in all different positions just to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

Gosh you crack me up Tiffy! I love it! Your the "ray of sunshine" no pun intended:lol0:

My PCP must have liked what she saw when I went in for my 3-month blood work because today she told me that she'd called Dr. Aceves for more information and for materials for her patients.

Tiffy - what a GREAT NSV and a hilarious visual - I can just see you contorting all directions to be sure you're eyes weren't playing tricks on you!

Rosebud2 - That's GREAT about your triangle light, too and your doctor giving Dr. Aceves a call. Bearded's cardiologist LOVED what he saw when he was in there and asked for Dr. Aceves' information to provide to his patients.

Daisy - That is so cool. I am so glad you are going to the dancing class, have made a friend, bought new clothes and that you are getting out and socializing - you needed that!!!

Me - I've got a very defined collarbone, my hip bones are starting to be defined, I've got a waist - starting to get that "hour-glass" figure. scale hasn't moved much in the past 2-3 weeks; however, pants I bought 4 weeks ago are big enough around the waist I have to wear a belt - which in turn has given me the compliment that I look "so tall and skinny" on more than one occasion.

Keep posting everyone and keep up the great work!!!

I went to the animal shelter today and got two adorable kittens. Therefore I needed to get supplies. I stopped at costco and picked up a 40 pound container of kitty litter. I could barely get it off of the ground and needed help to get it into the cart. I just lost TWO of those from my body. How the hell did I allow myself to get that bogged down. No wonder I was slowing down.