Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

Well I had the biggest scare of my life yesterday! I was rushed to the hospital because I couldn't breath and I was vomitting over and over uncontrollably. What happend was I had a super bad reaction to a bug bomb I set off in my house.I set off the bombs in the house and me, the hubby, and the dogs went to the dog park for a few hours while the bombs were going off. When we got home, I immediately went to open all windows and doors to air out the house. I followed the directions and I've done this before. As I was opening windows, all of a sudden my throat closed. I went to the sink to drink some Water and all of a sudden I started vommitting and was gasping for air. My husband came in the house in just enough time and pulled me outside. I couldn't breath and kept throwing up. My husband called 911 and I was taken to the ER.

I got better once I was taken outside the house. By the time I got to the ER, I was more stable. The doc at first said I had a mini anaphilactic shock, then later he said I am hyper-sensitive to the bug bombs.I am okay now. But what gets me is that I've dealt with insecticides and bug bombs before and never had this reaction.

Anyhow. Now I am concerned that I may have a bad reaction from the anestesia. Does anyone know what type of anastesia Dr. A uses? I think I need to look into this. My surgery is in three weeks!

Have you had surgery before?

I don't think the reaction to a bug bomb is really indicative of anything, but you should tell them.

Your lucky it didn't kill you....it is nasty stuff.

Hi everyone,

Well I had the biggest scare of my life yesterday! I was rushed to the hospital because I couldn't breath and I was vomitting over and over uncontrollably. What happend was I had a super bad reaction to a bug bomb I set off in my house.I set off the bombs in the house and me, the hubby, and the dogs went to the dog park for a few hours while the bombs were going off. When we got home, I immediately went to open all windows and doors to air out the house. I followed the directions and I've done this before. As I was opening windows, all of a sudden my throat closed. I went to the sink to drink some Water and all of a sudden I started vommitting and was gasping for air. My husband came in the house in just enough time and pulled me outside. I couldn't breath and kept throwing up. My husband called 911 and I was taken to the ER.

I got better once I was taken outside the house. By the time I got to the ER, I was more stable. The doc at first said I had a mini anaphilactic shock, then later he said I am hyper-sensitive to the bug bombs.I am okay now. But what gets me is that I've dealt with insecticides and bug bombs before and never had this reaction.

Anyhow. Now I am concerned that I may have a bad reaction from the anestesia. Does anyone know what type of anastesia Dr. A uses? I think I need to look into this. My surgery is in three weeks!

WOW how scary - glad your husband was there and able to call 911. Also glad you are okay now.

WASa will have the answer to your question about the anesthesia that Dr. A uses ... I know he uses general anesthesia as well as a spinal block so that they don't have to use as much general anesthesia - at least that is my understanding of the reason. I'd never had surgery or been put under so I was quite hesitant, but I came through it with flying colors. Good luck to you.

Also, you can always email Renee or Nina and ask them.

Have you had surgery before?

I don't think the reaction to a bug bomb is really indicative of anything, but you should tell them.

Your lucky it didn't kill you....it is nasty stuff.

I was put under when my wisdom teeth were pulled, but that's it.

And you are very right, I am lucky it wasn't worse because it could have been.