Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so Ive been without weight loss for 2 months. At the end of the first month I got really discouraged and starting eating bad things :(. Only because I felt like Im not going to lose anymore than I have.

Now its the end of the second month and Im still trying to figure out whats wrong. I changed trainers and gyms. I had a gym partner that kept me motivated but he hit his goal and doesnt go as often. No one else will work out.

Has any of you gone through this stage? If so what are your suggestions?

You said at the end of the first month you started eating badly. That's problem #1 to change.

You talk about going to the gym (which is awesome). But, I'd also track your calories. Weight loss boils down to simple math- when you burn more calories than you consume you lose weight. Tracking your calories to make sure you stay in your daily allowance is the easiest way to assure that happens.

Best wishes

You said at the end of the first month you started eating badly. That's problem #1 to change.

You talk about going to the gym (which is awesome). But, I'd also track your calories. Weight loss boils down to simple math- when you burn more calories than you consume you lose weight. Tracking your calories to make sure you stay in your daily allowance is the easiest way to assure that happens.

Best wishes

Youre right, I need to stop feeling sorry for myself. My friend helped me through the first part and its up to me to keep going. THANKS

Ok so Ive been without weight loss for 2 months. At the end of the first month I got really discouraged and starting eating bad things :(. Only because I felt like Im not going to lose anymore than I have.

Now its the end of the second month and Im still trying to figure out whats wrong. I changed trainers and gyms. I had a gym partner that kept me motivated but he hit his goal and doesnt go as often. No one else will work out.

Has any of you gone through this stage? If so what are your suggestions?

If it's two months of nothing, there has to be a reason for it, get honest with yourself, it's either NON compliance OR....your band is not restricted enough, the band does not work by itself, you have to WORK IT and stay on top of your fills to get to the green zone, and try to stay in it...

Also, early out I walked daily, I find that will help move weight quicker than sitting in a gym, you have to sweat, if you are only lifting weights, that will build muscle and will PROBABLY STALL YOUR WEIGHT OR EVEN GAIN, muscle weighs more than fat.....

Also most women that I've seen that lose weight quickly use treadmills, those step climbers, and bikes, or dancing or aerobics, but for ME, nothing beats, good old fashion walking (it pulled off about 10 pounds per month with a restricted band)-- about 1 mile or more per day and it's FREE.

Also everyone's metabolism works differently, men probably will lose quicker if they go and lift weights...which increases their metabolism..

A lot of weight loss patients are advised to stay away from trainers because bariatric patients are different and have different needs, or have a trainer that is familiar with bariatric patient needs.

If you are too tight that backfires too, with being forced to eat liquids or a complication down the road, and some people will panic and resort to eating anything that slide down, and if you don't have healthy liquids many resort to high calories soft foods like -- junk, and don't lose a pound with the band.

Learn how to eat with the band, there are books out there, learn your soft stops, of either a hiccup, burp, sneeze, runny nose or even a sigh, these are your signals to stop eating, the bands job is not to stop you, but help you stop and ideally you should stop at about 1 cup of food per sitting, measure out your food, if you eat more than 4 oz in 1 sitting and still not satisfied and hungry after about 1 hour....you've not gotten to your green zone yet.

Also as you lose weight, (you lose the fat pad around your stomach) many people have to constantly get fills to chase the green zone, it's always a liquid process, meaning if you've been in the green zone, does not mean you will always stay there.

Hopefully, I've given you enough information to get you going, regardless of where you are with your band.

Good luck

if you are exercising, you are losing inches (aka weight) even if the scale is not moving

or staying still and turning to eat bad foods because of that is only hurting yourself

and not doing anything but make you back where you started when you began this process

when the scale slow and hardly moves, this is when want power comes in

continue to eat your allotted amounts, good quality food and keep on keeping on

cause if you dont, no wls will help...mis was right on calories...dont eat more then you can burn off

I have never heard of this "A lot of weight loss patients are advised to stay away from trainers because bariatric patients are different and have different needs, or have a trainer that is familiar with bariatric patient needs." and not sure why this would apply to a lapband patient, can you please elaborate for my own knowledge, I'm interested?

I have never heard of this "A lot of weight loss patients are advised to stay away from trainers because bariatric patients are different and have different needs, or have a trainer that is familiar with bariatric patient needs." and not sure why this would apply to a lapband patient, can you please elaborate for my own knowledge, I'm interested?

I've never heard of this before? I'm sure having a trainer who is familiar with band patients dietary needs would be helpful but the trainee could educate the trainer I would imagine?

tmf