Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Can't say I did well with food this weekend, but it wasn't too bad. Fried catfish and Pei Wei's Asian salad 3 chocolate chip Cookies. Choices could have been better, but no damage done since I was too tight to get in volume.

Today I've had 2 waters and am dressed to work out, but keep finding "other" things to do. Hah!

I have a great incentive to stick with the rules. DH has a 40 year class reunion in October. Would love to go 10 pounds lighter. I have 7 weeks. Seeing that invitation made me realize just how fortunate I am to have a band.

I did ok this weekend, but there was a birthday party and Labor Day, so I ate too much. Luckily, the scale stayed the same! I made a peaches and cream pie, but used Reduced Fat Nilla wafers in the crust and Cool Whip Free and sugar-free Jello and fresh peaches, so it was pretty low-cal. Everyone gobbled it up! The heat definitely lowers my appetite, but also my desire to exercise.

Glad to hear from you Barb 123!

Hey Barb465- are you still doing Curves and tai chi? I need someone to inspire me to exercise! My hypnosis lady added some lines about exercise to my latest CD, but my mind is stubborn on that one!

Pinky-I love Pei Wei, but we don't have them here! I ate there in AZ once. Good luck with your homes!

<p>Socalgal - you must look amazing. 175 sounds really thin to me. Not too many of us have hit 175. Except Regina who has seen 150's!!!!!</p> <p> </p> <p>I do exercise - most days, but I hop on my eliptical machine for 20 minutes. Somehow one hour of walking was a better deal. BP and heart rate seem to like the shorter more intense stuff, but the scale sure doesn't.</p> <p> </p> <p>Barbara465 - did you have a nice time with Dick this weekend?</p> <p> </p> <p>House stuff is clicking along - thanks for asking. We will close on or before 9/14.</p>

Cathygr8 - You are really closing in on Onderland. Congratulations!!!!!

SoCalgal you are doing so great, those traveling pants are probably too big now.....

Pinky- I'm glad that things are progressing with the house and you are keeping your chin up through it all.

I am going to North Carolina in Oct. and I have been advised to set a small goal for myself for the trip to break my stall, so I will try it.

My goal will be to match my ticker by Oct 3rd.... That is only 4lbs to lose but it's that dreaded 4 lbs that I lost and found me again that I cannot seem to shake. So there it is.... I guess I should really change my ticker to reflect my current weight huh, so I guess I will, bye bye 155 for now, hope to see you again by Oct. 3rd...

The small basement repair is keeping us from closing. Our buyers will lose their interest rate if the repair isn't complete by the end of next week.

Miscommunication kept the worker from getting a key to the house yesterday. What a nightmare!!!

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

On a more positive note---We all know that losing weight is mental as much as physical. There is a book out by psychologist Judith Beck called The Judith Beth Diet Solution Weight Loss Workbook. I read about it in my Health (for Women) magazine. Socalgal, it's much like your hypnosis program. Reprogram your brain for success. The article is in the September issue of Health magazine. There is a link to more info at Health.com/beck.

If anyone would like to exercise together by speakerphone one or two days a week for the next few weeks, please pm me. I'm available CST from 6:00 - 8:00 a.m. I'd also like to get an evening group together one night a week around 7:00 pm CST. I have free 3 way calling.

Just had to let you know that the lenders allowed us to remove the repair contingency, so we have a green light to closing.

When this is done, you will hear me shout from Pearland!

:whoo:

Good to hear from all of you. Looks like most are having a busy life. Good to hear the house will go thru PinkyLee.

Yes sex definitely makes you less stressed and more relaxed. Must be why I'm so uptight. :)

We had a great weekend. Spent it with DH and we had a good time, shopping, eating, being lazy, and yet it seemed like we were on the go all the time.

I'm being very bad with food and with no exercise. I've been working later each day so given up Tai Chi. I just can't seem to make it in time. I haven't been to curves, although I"ve tried twice this week. I almost get there and my car goes a different way. :)

I am wide open and even had Pasta tonight. I can't do that very often or even try. I need to have the test done to find out why fills don't work for me. I need to get back on program and lose this next 5 lbs. I weighed this morning and I am 5 lbs heavier than my lowest weight. Time to get back in control.

Now to take care of my stress. "oh honey"

hi hi hi all :)

i'm so distressed and yet relieved to see we're all struggling.

my goal today is just to get the hell away from sweets (excuse language please). I will focus on Proteins, no sweets, and having Water. that's it, I have to do this! I swear, I feel out of control like I used to before the band. Do you guys do the negative self talk? I think I should check out the link above and see if that helps.

sorry if this is depressing, im just feeling a little low this morning.

Don't beat yourself up, Aimee. Seems to be lots of struggles going on with many of us. I am a firm believer in the Law of Attraction and I know that the more we focus on the bad things the more the bad things will come to us. I am sitting here trying to come up with encouraging words for you and all I can think of is how rotten I feel about my own situation. I have been drowning in sweets and junk food. I have no idea why I am not gaining pounds because I am definitely gaining inches in my midsection.

Let's try to think about the new season, the cooler weather that is coming and try to motivate each other to get outside and exercise. I don't think there is anything better than fresh air to clear our heads. I don't get near the rush when I go to the gym as I do when I take a brisk walk around my neighborhood.

Hang in there and keep posting. We all care about each others progress.

Well, I don't want to complain when everyone is struggling. Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad to be 175. I remember the day when I thought I'd never be below 200. But, I still feel fat. I still have big arms and a big butt! Will I never be happy? haha I am doing good as far as eating, but still no formal exercise. I did a lot of cleaning yesterday which made me sweat-mopping, vacuuming, laundry, trash, cat box, etc. I am wearing the "traveling" Levi's today and they are a little loose. I remember when Regina first sent them to me, they didn't fit! I want to be at goal in 2008!

At goal in 2008. That's a great thought Socalgal.

I've been better today as far as calories go, but exercise hasn't happened yet. I think housework counts, but probably l/4 as much. I'd rather take a dog beating than do housework some days!

Okay, I'm going to plan for tomorrow. I'm going to focus strictly on walking tomorrow evening and eating Protein only. Today I didn't eat all that bad...except for the three handfuls of m&m's! I swear they chase me....

So that's the goal: one day goal only - go walking and eat protein only.

Thanks for the companionship guys!

I haven't logged into this site in many many many months. My weight reached 210 around the new year, and I reached a plateau, and have just been maintaining that weight since. Last week I decided I was going to get serious about getting back on track and continuing to lose again. So I'm working on it, and decided to reconnect with my fellow lap-banders for some additional support.

Here's a Before and a current pic.

BandA.jpg

I hope all the Junebies are doing well, and in good health.

*hugs*

Leila

Good to hear from you Leila! Great job on the weight loss you HOT mama! Don't be a stranger.

How is everyone else doing?

I am tight again. Not sure if it's PMS or what. I did put on a pair of pants tonight that I haven't worn since 1997! Happy weekend all.