Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

My problem is every time I go the the bathroom during a meal my hubby claims I am getting sick, when I'm not I just have to PEE!!!!! He claimes I PB all the time and I really don't. Don't they realize I had to go the the bathroom for regular reason's long before banding!!!! Its frustrating...

Pee before dinner Regina, that way he can't say anything. Or ask him to watch you pee if that will make him happy. Men are so stupid sometimes.

Hope you are feeling better all. With all the crazyness going on with our bands, we deserve a GOOD day.

Golf ball last night for dinner and full blown PB tonight. However, I have survived both!!! I had a bad PB tonight but within 30 minutes all seems to be calm. Maybe, just maybe, I am able to recover from these. That would certainly be a good thing.

Both nights we had beef. Last night meatload and tonight a hamburger. I never got more than a bite or two before it happened. I waited a good 3 minutes between bites. I chewed really well. Maybe I won't have beef anymore.

I know what you are talking about with the husbands. My Michael does the so thing. And I have to say sometimes I just don`t tell him the truth. What I do in the bathroom is my business. Ha-Ha. Eating out is hard for me not sure why. Like today we are going on a bike trip and yes there will be eating, I told my Michael "Don`t you dare say anything today if I am having a hard time eating" It was almost to the point where I did not want to go bc I knew we would be eating out but I love riding way to much to stay home.

One good thing is that I have good days and than a bad one will jump in. I am still loseing so it`s a good thing. I have now started back at the gym 3 days a week. So who know what could happen.

Suzanne.

Yea, so far the Lambrusco is my favorite... because of the fizz. :)

My DH said last night, "do you ever stop to think that the band is doing its job. Yeah, you might get stuck after the second bite, but isn't that what is suppose to do?" If you think about it, he is right...

I know exactly what you all mean! My husband doesnt say a word- I can see it on his face! I REALLY miss beer. Have you all had that??? I am so scared. I also saw some sugar free Diet Dr pepper popsicles and was tempted! Tell me how you all are doing with these items!:paranoid

Julissita, I've never had issues with carbonation, but my md never told me not to have any either....

I finally dropped my time of the month lbs, only to go back to where I was before. No extra loss. But that's okay, no extra gain either

Unbelievable. A really high exercise/activity/low calorie day and I was back up to 188.5 this am.

Barbara, I always have trouble with ground beef dishes that aren't "crumbled". Roast beef and brisket chewed well pulverize so much easier. I'm proud that you are recovering.

I simply say nothing when DH gives me his 2 cents. That's often about what he's said is worth, so .....

I just realized, after drinking two bottles of wine this weekend... that I like wine. But, I think I like wine because it is sweet. I even looked up the carb count tonight after trying to get ANYTHING down because I was so hungry and PBing twice this evening. And I figured out... wine has carbs. About 6 carbs for a 5 oz serving. But, as you can see 2 bottles does not equal 6 carbs. (I am not even going to try and figure out how many carbs it has.) I drank a little before lunch, a little before dinner, and a little just to try the new bottle. Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday are all a blurr (not really). It does help me eat solid Protein, but I don't know if I want to be a wino if it makes me go off the carb band wagon.

This leaves me with a delimma. I can not have coffee according to the diet books, and wine works, but I guess I should not have it either.

I am confused on what to do.

***edit*** ok I could not stand it. 750 ml is roughly 25 oz, so I had two bottles, and roughly 60 carbs from wine. Not too bad....***hiccup

Poodles

I go back and forth on the wine thing. I have to say stick with the red. According to my bartending attorny DD, those who drink red don't end up drunks. White just goes down too easy.

Be careful with those sparkling wines. Little healing power in bubbles! Take one swig of a diet coke. Swish it around in your mouth. Feel the cheeks pop? That's what's happening to your pouch with any carbonation. Who needs that?

Carbonation (diet coke) can be useful for dissolving a stuck feeling and taking meds you want to go down safely. Don't forget hot tea (although not as fun) does the same thing wine does and maybe quicker. My fav is spiced chai by Bigelow. I order hot tea as soon as we are seated in most restaurants. If they don't have hot tea I ask for a hot Water with lemon.

Disclaimer: I'm on my third diet wine cooler. It's been a tough week. I made it, but it hasn't been pretty. My family (very discreetly because I don't put up with their bull any more) lets me know they think I'm self absorbed. They are correct. The pre-band me would never say no. I never thought of my own needs. When I reach my limits, I reach my limits. Surprise, the rose has thorns.

I've lost significant weight only to realize that the heaviest load is the realization that relationships with family have gotten way out of bounds as well. This is painful at times, but I'm loving my new attitude. It's ok to put me first once in a while.

DH's - some are jealous and afraid of our success. Ignore their negative thoughts. You'll never convince them. In the long run, a healthier lifestyle and body are your reward. The admiration and respect of others come when we respect ourselves.

Thanks for all the honest posts this week(end). Especially those we don't hear from so often.

Has anyone else ever had a "dynamic fill?" I had a fill last week, sitting up while drinking Water. When I felt the water start to pool up, my doctor stopped and then withdrew a little, since food would get stuck more than water. I ended up getting .6 cc, and I definitely feel more restriction, so it seems to have worked just fine. If only I hadn't gone to visit my BF over the weekend and had way too many cocktails...

My doctor does fills that way, but I didn't know they were "dynamic"! Fills are always done under fluoro at Dr. Ortiz office, but they do make you sit up and drink to see how it flows through. By the way Cathy, you are doing great! 82 pounds gone forever! I get my fill Wednesday and I'm kinda stressed but excited to have restriction-at least some! Happy new week everyone.

Hey everyone!

I haven't had time to pop in. I'm at corporate training and barely keeping my head above Water. I just wanted to say hey. Also, dad was finally discharged from the hospital. He's at home with home health.

Well, have to go. I'll catch up some other day.

Melissa

Glad to hear from lots of you. Melissa glad your dad got discharged. I know that's a relief to you. I know your doing great in your class. Learn lots of good stuff.

Tonight went to local support meeting. Most of them are just 3-4 months out. I'm the old timer. I was able to eat tonight. I did feel more restriction in general today, but still can eat too much.

I don't need the wine or hot tea these days to get me started. Maybe I should have done that the last few nights and maybe the golf balls wouldn't have appeared. I think I was eating too fast and suffering from 2nd bite syndrome. Took my time tonight and did fine.

Cathy, the new boyfriend (old one really) must be working out. Good for you. )