Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Pinky, you look great! Ok, well I posted this update on it's own post but I think some of you look here more often so here's the repeat...

So, last night I woke up in the middle of the night...coughing and sputering up Water I had right before bed. I was only able to get about 20oz of liquid down yesterday due to it going down so slowly and giving me the chest pain from hell!!:) Called my doc and he said come in today! I was so worried I slipped my band but when he checked under floro he said it all looked fine and the pouch didn't look dilated.:phanvan He then had me swallow the barium and all was well. However, based on my symptoms he unfilled me .2 anyway...so now I have 3.2 in my 4 cc band. I was able to drink a whole bottle of water right afterward. Now, only 3.5 hours later I am able to drink but again need to go slow and hear it gurgling down and feel the chest pressure again.:) I am seriously starting to wonder about this band or maybe I am just weird or something.:tired It's expensive to keep going back and I feel like I will never have the right restriction. I even got to thinking that once it is right I will lose weight... then I will need a fill and round and round we go with this trial and error!!:faint:

:help: Fellow Bandsters...I am in need of some encouragement!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I'm glad you got an unfill Laura. The good news is there is nothing wrong with your band or pouch. Just hope the remainder of the swelling/restriction is TOM. It really hit me hard and I was extra surprised because I have never had much trouble with my periods, so I wasn't expecting such a reaction. We are all here to support and encourage you! Hey 19 pounds is nothing to ignore! Get on board with the October challenge and kick butt! Take care of yourself-no more scares in the middle of the night!

Laura--

Is there some way you can de-stress? Stress is a real band tightener--and then when we eat "the least little thing"--Wham. Good stress--eating out with friends, bad stress--it all can spell trouble.

Why don't you give yourself a "break" from all of the fear of the band not working? Stick with your dietary and activity guidelines, but try not to worry about what the scale says.

If you feel up to it--walk, walk, walk. It's a natural body massage.

All the best

Any Junbies experiencing any hairloss? I am and it sucks!!! If it is not one thing its another. It wasnt that bad at first but now its disgusting. hair everywhere....and yes...i get my Protein in, i drink my Water, i take my Vitamins, even taking Biotin which is a hair Vitamin and use protein pacs on my hair.....but nothing seems to work. I actually had to take a nerve pill when i got out of the shower tonight because of how much hair covered the shower drain it was terrible. I dont know what to do.....this is really depressing me. There isnt anything i can do about this except wait it out..but i sure would like to hear from anyone else experiencing the same thing.

Thanks for listening to me vent!!!

I am by far the slowest loser on here. You all should be so pleased with yourselves for losing so much so fast. I just had my 3rd fill yesterday and am up to 7 cc's in 10cc band. I'm tight right now but who knows if it will last. I have only lost 15 lbs total since being banded.

Some of us can't tolerate big fills. I am one of them. The fluro shows it going through just fine, but just wait 6-9 days. Also, they have done fluro when I couldn't drink but a few sips and it showed me wide open. Don't let the fluro fool you. If you need additional unfill then go get it. Once this situation gets out of control I think its hard to recover. I am now going to get only small fills like .2 or .3. If I have to pay more then so be it. The unfills and the days suffering are not worth it.

I am hesitant to admit that I've been losing hair. I am seeing more falling than I want to admit. My hair is short so it wouldn't take much to make me bald. :) Not sure why this happens as I'm eating my Protein and drinking my Water. My skin is also drier than normal, which is dry for me. My rosacea is acting up and sometimes I feel like I have hives. Its all the bodies way of telling us we are making changes.

I am trying very hard to keep the stress down. Sometimes I don't think we realize we are under stress until it comes out in other ways. Let's all take a step back next week and try to chill. We will hit it hard in October and see if we can shake things up. Do we have a plan?

Hang in there. We can do this. Some of us will be slower than others, but we will make it.

pinkylee you look so great! Very sassy! :) You are an inspiration to us all! By the way happy happy birthday barbaras! :happybday: I too have been losing hair. I have been the queen of denial about it though. I have really thick hair and at first I just shrugged it off as the normal amount that usually comes out. I didn't want to admit that it could really be coming out for other reasons(but who does) But the amount has increased and I really can't ignore it anymore. Do the pills and shampoos work? I haven't tried anything yet. I have been also trying to gear myself up for the October challenge. I am ready, but I have to try to get excited about exercise again. I have not been doing as much as I should. I am going to do it though for the challenge. Nothing is gonna stop me. That is what I should repeat over and over in my head. I want to look ab fab for the Junebies reunion.

Hi everyone, I haven't noticed any Hair loss but I did lose a total of 10 lbs:clap2: last week with my band being so tight:eek: . Pinkylee, my de-stresser is exercise:Banane05: ...I've been working out at Curves. Honestly, I am "retired" and the biggest part of my day is picking up and dropping off my son at school so not much stress here. The only thing stressing me out right now is my band. It sucks when it's so tight you can barely drink Water. Luckily, I can now but I still have to go slow.:ranger: It's weird but it actually seemed easier to eat my yogurt today than it is to drink my water.

I'm fixin to be a bald headed Poodle. Have been losing my hair too. Common when you are about 3 months out. After reading alot about it this is what I do: Take 2 chewable vitamins a day, take chewable Biotin, Wash my hair with Biotin Shampoo, and clean out the drain daily.

They say it will level out when your hormones get back in order.

Have also noticed my cycle is different, so I believe the hormone theory.

Ok--time to confess. You thirty-somethings who are struggling are pulling at my heartstrings.

I have a beautiful 30 year old daughter who struggles with her weight too. For those of you who have shared pictures--you are foxy ladies. It doesn't seem fair that no matter "what" weight is coming off slowly for many of you. You got the band so that you could "finally" lose--and it's happening in baby steps if at all.

Barbara and I have preached Protein, Water and moving quite a bit. The bottom line to it is--it's been slow, no matter how "good" you are.

Anyone have an idea on how we can "tweak" the October challenge to help the thirty-somethings?

Maybe we should add to the 1200 calories/day that 70% of it has to be from Protein, hard protein. That seems to be the key. I noticed if I eat hard protein I'm not hungry. We also need to eat solids. liquids, mushies, soft foods, aren't going to get it for us. We have to learn to exist using Normal foods.

I know I need a fill. However, it will be small, and if I PB its coming out. I also read on another thread about spitting into a cup. UGH. If I have to live that way, the band is going. That's not right. You shouldn't have to spit into a cup to avoid your saliva causing a PB. It means you are too tight, eating too fast, or eating the wrong food. Somehow this doesn't have to be this hard.

That being said, someone bring my hair back. I'm going to go get the Shampoo and the additional Vitamins today. Heading for the beach on Wednesday. I don't think that is going to help my situation.

Have a great weekend everyone!

I haven't had Hair loss, but it seems like those of you who are were banded a few weeks before me, so maybe it is a sign of what is to come! I am sorry for those of you who are experiencing it. Hopefully, it won't last long! Maybe Junebies will all have to shave their heads in solidarity!We can do mohawks like Telly! I have been doing the October challenge for 3 days so far. I have exercised at least 30 minutes, drank all my Water and got my calories in. I get weighed and measured by my trainer on Monday, so we'll see if it makes a difference! Have a great weekend.

Have a mental health question...

I have been losing weight, I can tell in my clothes but have not weighed in a while. Have been eating low carb and have been doing fine with it until today. My hubby said something about how thin I was looking, and that my pants are about to fall off of me... then I started eating. Have had an ice cream and chocolate covered peanuts today (and want more) and don't really know why. Self sabotage????