Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

BLJ,

I have been drinking Soups from a box, since the 2nd week. I was suppose to drink onlu Clear liquids but found I was going nuts listening to my stomach rumble. I have not eaten anything mushie or solid yet, just creamy Soup. I hope I havent screwed anything up :confused: My first solid meal is Tuesday 7/11 !!!!! My first fill is 8/5/06.

Also, I cant feel my port anymore either..... hope it's there somewhere!

In the secret place, that is the privacy of being in your home, the practice of doing stupid things is anonymous. Now, with this thread ever growing, people use it as a confessional of sorts. So here's mine.

I think I'm trying to prove I have a band. Instead of accepting it's there, and behaving, I keep trying in different ways to see my limits. Thus far, I have none. Today I had a small serving of Pasta. Cottage cheese. All soft, right? Tonight, I just had baby shrimp on avocado. While I don't want anything bad to happen, I think I should cut way back, and go back to liquids before I do harm. I go back to the Dr on the 19th, but it's just to check me, not <according to the nurse> for a fill.

So, I simply have to pull my brain out, and while it might be soft, it doesn't mean I'm supposed to eat it.

I hate this.

hello all! i was banded on june 29th at the molding clinic in Mexico. i am doing great. my gas pains are gone (they weren't that bad in the first place. i could mainly feel them in my shoulder when i would change positions. like from laying down to sitting upright). i have lost 8.8 pounds since the surgery. i was on Clear Liquids for the first seven days. now i am on full liquids for another seven days before adding soft foods. my surgeons told me that i now have a 3 oz stomach and not to take in more than that at anytime. so, i tried to eat (if that is what you want to call this) every 2 hours, but it is hard. i am not hungry. and it is hard for me to eat when i am not hungry. me and my fiance go for a walk every day after "dinner" for at least 20-30 minutes. i took off of work for a week and i am glad. i feel pretty good for the most part. sometimes after exerting myself i feel tired and need to rest for about an hour, but after that i feel pretty good again. i am sure i am not getting in enough liquids, but i feel okay. i am trying to listen to my body and give it more when i think it is calling for it. at the time of surgery, the surgeons put in 3 ccs. so, i have 3 ccs in a 4 cc maximum capacity band. yep, that is right, i double, triple checked that piece of information out before i was discharged. and that is what they said. they idea of that scared me at first, but for now, i am feeling pretty okay with it. i will keep you all posted.

ps. how do i change the ticker to indicate a change in my weight?

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I'm glad you are doing well, I got a little worried when I didn't see you post!

I didn't know they could fill the band right away! I guess that limits the number of fills you get.

To change your ticker, click on it and it should remember you. Indicate weight change and copy your new URL or whatever it is called to your signature.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

hey ya'll!!!

i'm getting my first fill in the morning!! i'm alittle nervous. geez, i can't believe it's already been a month! time flies!!

will let you know how it went.

cutiern:D

How is everyone doing this week? I have a very hard tummy from just under my breast to the large scar and all around the large scar. I can't believe this is just scar tissue forming. If it is it must be forming all along the tubing. Still don't know if the port is near the large scar or under my breast. It has bothered me all weekend. Last night I finally put a heating pad on the area. This morning it is a little better. I don't think I should have this much hardness over such a large area. I get a fill on Wednesday so hopefully they can tell me something.

Meanwhile, I am eating why too much. I'm eating OK foods, but just more than I should. The fill should stop that and I get on with the program.

Hope everyone is doing great. Let us know how the fills are as each gets theirs. I'm real curious about them. I hope we all do well and no PBs!!!!

good morning!!!

well, i just got back from my 1st fill. it really wasn't that bad...just alittle pinch. the technician placed in 1.5 ccs in my 4cc band. this was done under flouroscopy. the whole thing lasts about 10-15 minutes. my appt wasn't until 9:15 am, but i thought the traffic would be super bad and i left my house early and arrived at the surgicenter super early...8:30! i was told to do soft foods for 48 hrs and chew..chew..chew! but, i'm going to do liquids for the next 24 hrs to see how i do. oh yeah, they weigh you of course, and by their scale i lost a total of 20 lbs! my scale says i have lost a total of 17 lbs...17 or 20..one month, i think that's pretty damn good!

i hope everyone is doing well!!

Great news Cutiern. Glad to hear its a simple process. I'll be there on Wednesday at 2:00 pm. Did your doctor do the fill or a PA. I was "encouraged" to schedule with his PA. I like the idea of it being done under floro as they can see right away whether you are too tight. I also plan on doing liquids the day of and 24-48 hours after. Glad it went so well.

Hi all!!

Had my first fill. She tried to put in 1.8cc, but the barium wouldn't go down, so she took out 0.3cc. I can now feel the liquids going down again and need to burp frequently while drinking. Anyone else with a fill having this? It seems very similar to the restriction I had right after surgery.

I have only lost 12 pounds, which is ok, since I have had no restriction since week 2. Hopefully this fill will work and I can lose some more over the next couple of weeks.

Congrats Reeneea and Cutie RN on your fills. I didn't think that they would put that much in at the beginning. That's great to get that kind of restriction right out. I hope I can get the kind of restriction I had post op ...that was great!

I'm doing pretty well with my appetitie. It has picked up since week 3 post op. I have used old fashioned will power to keep my portions small. Still not eating anywhere near pre-bandster portions which is a victory for me.

I wish every good restriction with their first fills. I go in on Thursday for mine !!

Melissa Lea

Way to go CutieRn.....We are the same as far as the weight loss since surgery. My doc didnt do my fill under fluro....i think he missed my port because i still feel hungry. Guess i am going to call him to see if i can come in again...and he only filled me with 1cc...everyone at the office said i should have pushed for 2. I want restriction....good restriction.

Glad to read that everyone is doing so well...Let's keep up the good work!!

Way to go June Bandsters!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I am going in for my second fill on July 14th ...i just dont feel any different since my first fill. It is being done on a friday...which i dont like because if i am overfilled i have to do liquids the whole weekend....oh well guess thats all part of the band..Do ya'll think i am making the right decision in getting another fill so soon??

cindy,

i think you are making the right decision. i mean the whole idea of this is for us to have proper restriction right? make sure you let us know how it goes!!

I got a fill today and overall it went well; they put in 1cc in a 4cc band; i didn't feel any different until the last hour (about 4 hours after) I currently feel...full. It's weird. but i'm excited to finally get the fill. it wasn't painful at all and took all of 20 minutes total for the appt

Hi,

I will be 4 weeks post op on Wed. and I went to the Dr's last week and I lost 15 pounds...YEAH!!!! Now I have had some potatos, and other mushie foods added, also tuna fish, eggs, cheese and a few other things..

I will not get a fill until I am 8 weeks post op... I too have had no problems eating anything... I don't want to push it and have problems. So I am controlling what I eat and stopping when I am not full...because I know I have had enough.. I just started walking 15 minutes today and I will try and increase to 30 minutes a day by the weekend.... I am drinking at least 64 ounces of Water a day and still having 1 Protein Shake every morning. It holds me..If I don't have the shake I get hungry ....

I feel terrific and my PCP is going to run some labs because they need to decide whether I stay off my diabetes meds or they cut them way down...What a gift.. I did have Vitamin B-12 deficiency a month before my lap band surgery but received weekly injections.. I am going to have a shot this week because I am exhausted and tired and I think it is the B-12.. I am also making sure I eat the 60 - 70 grams of Protein daily...LOts of work to follow the plan but I am staying with it... This support from the lap band talk site has been so helpful with information, questions answered. I am soo grateful today.. One day at a time I am recovering.

Take care.

Susan