Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

I'm in bandland!! Surgery was at 10 and I was released at 2. THe last one to leave because I couldn't pee. Feeling pretty good. Some soreness and left shoulder pain, but not unbearable. Have been pretty much awake. Did sleep through a little of the rain storm we had when the power went off.

Glad to be on this side and hope I don't get too many more pains.

Texas Terry- sorry you can't sleep at night. We have the same banding date. I feel rather the oposite of you - I went to the dr for my pre-op today and my blood pressure was at an all time low 123/78 - which is low for me. I think this liquid diet is mellowing me out or something -------ok, the work load has mellowed out this week too. I actually started with the coffee again yesterday though - 2 days without the morning coffee made me want to go to bed at 8:00 pm UGH!!

Take care of yourself - try not to worry (yes, easier said than done).

June 20th will be here before we know it.

Tracy

Anyone else here who isn't required to do a pre-op diet? My doctor does not require one, and although I decided to do one anyway, I'm having a really hard time staying on it (probably because I know that I don't HAVE to do it). I'm trying to do a CIB liquid fast with added Protein for the next 2 weeks, but I've failed both yesterday and today.

What do you all think?

Lizzie

Wecome to the banded side. I sure hope you continue to feel good. My recovery has been mostly uneventful. I'm still quite sore but not much actual pain. My dizziness is almost gone. I'm wanting food today. Seems it's all I think about.

Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Congrats newly banded! In response to the pre-op diet, I have to do a 7 day liquid diet with Dr.Ortiz. I was going to use Kuri and he doesn't require a diet unless your BMI is 45+. I figure it will help since I'll be on liquids after for awhile. Might as well prep my body.

i don't know about everyone else, but my appetite has come back full force today!! i'm so hungry. i thought the swelling would last for alittle bit and keep my hunger at bay. geez!!!

cutiern:help:

Hey Cutie --

I wished I could get a little of your hunger. I'm not hungry at all. I'm having a hard time getting in food down me.

I went out and walked around for about 3 hours today running errands hoping that would help, esp with the gas. I don't feel any improvment yet. Everytime I get up my body wants to burp but NOTHING!!! If only .....

Other than that, I'm not in any pain. Recovery is going well. Back to work tomorrow (yuck!)

Melissa Lea

Cutie- I totally understand. My first fill is scheduled for 7/11 and I think that is too far away!!

Has anyone heard about the quantity of food/liquid/mushies we are suppose to be eating before our first fill?

Hi everyone,

Congrats to everyone who is now banded and best wishes to those future bandsters. Just an update for everyone. It's been 11 days since I was banded. For those recently banded, just let me say it gets much better. I am feeling so good. I do not have any pain at all. My wounds are healing very nicely. I do not get that feeling in my throat or chest when I eat. I have been trying chicken Soup, mashed potatoes and today I even tried chili with no problems. I tried tuna a few days ago and I thought I was going to die so I've decided to stay with Soups and other soft items. I have not tried any breads and don't intend to. I have not had any serious hunger pains, just normal hunger. I just want to those who got banded in the last couple days and those future bandsters that it will get much better. In the beginning, I wondered what the heck I had done to myself. Now I feel much better. I am down 18 lbs since starting my pre-op diet. I feel at this point it was very worth it. Hang in there and good luck.

Surgery is today, I'm first thing this morning. I go in at 7:15 am. Went to sleep in the hotel last night at 11, and now have just woken up at 3:30 am and could -not- go back to sleep. Hubby and our two pugs are over in the other bed fast asleep but I'm wired. Not too worried about that as I'm sure I'll get plenty of rest post surgery. This forum is a life saver, coming here to read about everyone elses experiences is so helpful.

24 hours almost. I'm actually feeling pretty good. A little more discomfort around surgery points, but not enough to take anything. sleeping was a bit more challenging. I'm finding I can sleep on my left side better than right. My port is in the middle of my stomach, just above my bellybutton. I have more discomfort on the right side and have had ever since surgery. Slight pain in my left shoulder last night, but te heating pad fixed that. Nothing else. Liquids are going down, but I don't get much in because this sip, sip, sip is too time consuming and tiring.

I have been really surprised and how easy this was. I even did some work last night and have conference calls today.

8 days and counting down...:confused: I am going to be traveling home by car (over 1000 miles) and am wondering what kind of clothing I should wear. Anyone have any suggestions?

I am supposed to start my 7 day liquid diet tomorrow. I don't think I will be able to go complete liquids. I have an out of town wedding to attend on Saturday. Will it hurt me that much if I eat? I have been doing shakes and Atkins for 3 weeks now but sneaking in a meal of my choice every so often.

Has anyone seen the show on WE that had the 390 pound man having the Lap Band surgery? I recorded it, but only watched a few minutes of it. They started to talk about complications and figured I'd wait until after surgery to watch it.

Well, everyone have a super fantastic day!