Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Hi Cindy,

I have lost 11 pounds in the last week. I am pretty happy with that. Although this may be the tough part now, as my hunger has come back. I am alittle scared to try Beans, i still have gas in the mornings and it is hard to get anything down, although it does sound good. I have been living off chicken, green beans and mashed potatos. Too scared to add much variety.

:clap2: Surgery Dates the week of June 12 to June 16, 2006 :clap2:

June 2, 2006

Jude (Jude 048)

Kim (Kimsretro)

Salemkitty

Sissi

Zipota13

Julia (Hulia_Goolia)

June 5, 2006

CutieRN (CutieRN)

CindyCam

Poodles

Reeneea

June 6, 2006

Karen (Mrs Sabre)

Rebndave

Juliegeraci

June 7, 2006

Maria (Maria 75)

Hedwig

Aimee (warmmorningsun)

AnneMarie

June 8, 2006

Regina (rroswelltx)

Devnerbrodie

Gladdy

June 9, 2006

Melissa Lea (Melissa Lea)

Mary Ann

Barbara12375

Pinkylee

June 12, 2006:clap2:

Hootiebelle

June 13, 2006:clap2:

Barbara (Barbara465)

Amus71774

JulieLu

hate2w8

June 14, 2006:clap2:

Kelly (KellyLuvsDave)

Leila

June 15, 2006:clap2:

Rvillelegs

June 16, 2006:clap2:

Sparkey 1995

Juliyisra

J-Ro

June 19, 2006

Lasonyadj

Jen (Time4Change)

Lasonyadj

June 20, 2006

SunnyDee

Texasterry

Tracy (Bubbyville)

June 22, 2006

ChakoLady

Janelle (Chako_lady)

Violet (Plainsneech)

Terri (IBLoser)

Darrub (DScgeudke)

June 23, 2006

Ndbeekeeper & Husband

June 26, 2006

BeacheeGirl

Lizzie (lizziegrace)

June 27, 2006

Dancing Queen

June 28, 2006

Laura (Housecatgirl)

June 29, 2006

Christa94

Socalgal3

Please keep each of us in your thoughts and prayers as our surgery dates near.

Best wishes to all --

Melissa Lea

Hello Everyone!

I finally got around to updating our list. WooHooooo!!!!! What a great group of people we are among.

If you have posted your date on the board and you are not listed --please do not take it personally. I have been recovering from my procedure and not been up to date on the board. Please private message me your surgery date if I accidently missed you and I will add you to the next update.

Best wishes to those having procedures this week and for those of us recovering.

Melissa Lea:hippie:

good luck to all being banded tomorrow!!! i'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery.

cutiern:D

I have lost right at 10 lbs. Seems to be working for us!

Hey All: I read that we should only be eating/drinking 2 oz at a time, but today I was able to get more than that in in one sitting. I have had 2-20 oz bottles of Water, 1 shake, 3/4 cup Mock Tortilla Soup, 1 cup cucumber soup, a low fat yogurt, and 1 thing of Jello pudding today. Seems like way too much compared to what I was doing last week. No pain, but geez.

I am getting nervous as Friday is creeping up on me! I have a rash on my fac and my bottom is sore!:) I have been drinking the unury for a week everyday for Breakfast with one piece of fruit and ice in the blender and it is pretty good. i also put it inmy Jello and pudding, no flavor! I highly recommend it to you all! I just cant believe I am really doing this!

Thanks for adding me to the list Melissa!! I hope Hootiebelle, Barbara (Barbara465), Amus71774, JulieLu, hate2w8, Kelly (KellyLuvsDave), Leila, Rvillelegs, Sparkey 1995, Juliyisra, and J-Ro have a wonderful surgery... please update us with you experiences.

Hello Friend!

I'm getting my done on the 20th. Thank God I found this site - as I hadn't heard enough or read enough about the "after" parts of this process. Some of the posts scare me, and some of the things about the procedure itself scare me... but I'm more afraid to live this way for the rest of this life. Mr Doctor is Milt Owens in San Pedro, Ca. Because of this site, I purchased a medical alert Bracelet - a very great suggestion. I've also been reading all the posts for most of last night and much of today - and it's GREAT to know there are so many other people - in my situation, and about to be banded, like me. I'd welcome the email - and I wish you the greatest recovery and JOY in this life!!!

Reeneea,

What kind of chicken are you eating? Chicken broth, chicken breast....baked or grilled? I would be way more scared to try chicken then the beans...the Beans went down way to well for me....in fact tonight around 10 i told my husband that i wanted an exray because i dont even feel like i have a band....i mean at sometimes i feel full really fast and other times i feel like i could eat a five course meal....i just hope that i can hold on to my willpower until i get my first fill on july 6th........and then that fill may not even be enuf....who knows....sometimes i dont know what to think.

*****Good Luck To All The People getting banded this week.....my thoughts and prays are with you******

Sissi~ Great! Now what you need to do is paste it onto your signature section so it will be there every time. First delete the Ticker Factory one by clicking on it and hitting delete. Then go back to www.weightlosstickers.com where you made the other one and copy and paste it on your signature page. Hope this helps!

Melissa~Thank you so much for keeping us updated! You are GREAT! If you like you can remove one of me on the 22nd. :) Janelle/Chako_lady same person...lol And you are right! We have an awesome group here. I have learned so much from everyone! You all deserve pats on the back!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

What a GREAT LIST!

My banding is on the 20th of this month. I'm afraid and excited and so thankful that I found the Lap Band Talk Forum.

This Hair loss thing really scares me considering i am still losing hair from having my baby along with a csection a year ago.....and now i have to look forward to this...one woman went completely bald.....guess i will be buying a wig.

Cindy it is Boston Market chicken. No skin though. I eat pieces from the inside. I cut them up like you would for a toddler and then chew, chew, chew. Until yesterday I was eatting so little of it. But then yesterday I was hungry! I still only had 2 normal bites (cut into 20 band bites). The odd thing is boy does some food taste differently having to chew so much.

Wow, I can't sleep. My surgery is not until the 20th. I am not scared or freaking out - I just wake up about 3:00 A.M. and can't get back to sleep. I've made list of everything I need to do and buy. Keep going over them to make sure I didn't forget anything. My surgery is out of town (my hubby is driving). I don't want to forget anything important.

I knew that I would probably not sleep the night before surgery, but this is a week ahead! I'm afraid I'm going to be exhausted and sick if I keep this up all week. I'm not drinking any kind of caffeine or other stimulant.Anyone else have this happen to them?

Terry

Bright eyed in the middle of the night