Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's on your "Do Not Eat" list?

Since banding, I've found a few foods that just don't go down right. Tonight's discovery was couscous. Humble and seemingly innocuous, the first three small forkfuls went down just fine and then pow! For the next 15 minutes I'm strolling around the house jumping up and down, trying to make it go through. Finally, I decided enough was enough and swallowed a tablespoon of olive oil to grease the skids, so to speak.

Couscous = no-no.

You?

i dont have any (carolina girl cant eat)

its more like what carolina girl chooses not to eat...

i eat what i want and find 15 months post op, i prefer veggies, fruit and lean protein...

am lucky, no stucks, no slimes, no issues for me...this procedure gave me my life back

Leftover rice is a no for me. Strange!

I can eat most things but I chose not to.. I had the worst stuck episode with japanese stir fried chicken.. it was white meat, no breading, just steamed with veggies but apparently it was too dry.. or something.. anyhow I haven't done that again.. salad is not my best choice either but if I am careful and chew it alot I can eat it....

The only thing I don't bother eating is dry meat. It's the only thing I regularly get stuck on. This is particularly true of any leftover meat.< /p>

But as long as the meat is moist- chicken, beef, pork, etc. I'm fine with it.

i eat what i want and find 15 months post op' date=' i prefer veggies, fruit and lean Protein...

am lucky, no stucks, no slimes, no issues for me...this procedure gave me my life back[/quote']

What is your Protein choice?

Since banding' date=' I've found a few foods that just don't go down right. Tonight's discovery was couscous. Humble and seemingly innocuous, the first three small forkfuls went down just fine and then pow! For the next 15 minutes I'm strolling around the house jumping up and down, trying to make it go through. Finally, I decided enough was enough and swallowed a tablespoon of olive oil to grease the skids, so to speak.

Couscous = no-no.

You?[/quote']

I would suggest trying it again at some time if you do like it. I've gotten stuck on a few things but usually because I didn't chew enough. Tried item again and no problems.

I can no longer tolerate asparagus, pineapple, under cooked broccoli and cauliflower.

I have not tried to eat bread since banding...and after 18 months successfully tried rib eye steak.

It's a different list for everyone.

i eat what i want and find 15 months post op, i prefer veggies, fruit and lean Protein...

am lucky, no stucks, no slimes, no issues for me...this procedure gave me my life back

I am happy to hear this because I too don't have any specific problems and I think...is that band really in there at all?? But of course it is, and I am following the rules and being careful and have been really lucky. I'm only 6 months out, so I only anticipate something eventually!

I have had no problems as yet but saying that I stay away from Pasta, rice, red meat and white bread.< /p>

With only 1 fill I haven't had a problem with anything. If I have an episode it's because of a mistake that I made, to fast or not enough chewing

What is your Protein choice?

i eat 96% lean beef patties, lean steak (tbone my fave as well as filet) and chicken beast and beans...also Protein Bars (some have 20+ grams and higher..this is in my purse, drawer at work)..protein is what i eat first and its what i eat when i am truly hungry (and its not head hunger or me just eating because everyone around me is) the meats i eat cost a little more but you know what, i am worth it...so are you

So much of this adventure is subjective - what works for some doesn't necessarily work for others. I think this couscous thing may have had more to do with dryness than chewing - couscous is already mighty small and grainy. I've pretty much got the mechanics of eating down vis a vis chewing and bite-size and taking time, but it seems that certain foods just don't take well to slipping though a smaller space. I'm seeing a personal pattern that dry foods and things that can create "flaps" that might not break down properly in the mastication process are the major culprits for me. Live and learn :)

Since banding' date=' I've found a few foods that just don't go down right. Tonight's discovery was couscous. Humble and seemingly innocuous, the first three small forkfuls went down just fine and then pow! For the next 15 minutes I'm strolling around the house jumping up and down, trying to make it go through. Finally, I decided enough was enough and swallowed a tablespoon of olive oil to grease the skids, so to speak.

Couscous = no-no.

You?[/quote']

So far no problem with cous cous but I cannot handle white rice at all and some spaghettis

I can't eat doughy bread, like biscuits or fresh French bread, etc. No matter how much I chew...it just clumps up and makes me slime.