Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how long did you wait for real food?

Yes I was made well aware of my diet after I begin getting my band filled which has not and will nit hapoen for anouther four weeks also I did not get the band and disregaurd the rules at all I simply ate a meal because it was all I had in a 4 and a half hour trip home I had to have something so a barrito with tiny egg bits that I could chew up sounded reasonable its not like I went to kfc and got a 10 peice of extra crispy chicken and scarffed it all down... also I have a very good Idea of how life with the band is/will be as I have already given up smokeing sodas and the majority of foods I love to follow the dietary requirements for the pre oprative surgury but for now untill I begin getting filled eating the way im supposed it is exactly what im doing I watch portions ammiunts caloriores and carbs and fat on a daily basis and never consume nore than a thousand calories so how dare you who has no idea about me even pretent to know by one question how misconstrued my notions or preceptions if the band are or how well or horrible I will do with the band... stop being so negative and f**k OFF!

Wow. Some one has their panties in a bit of a knot.... Stating the obvious is not being negative.

So you were made aware of what was expected of you before hand. You at a BURRITO.... So you did disregard the rules. Do you think that we all weren't starving after our surgery? Omg I was. But I knew going into this that I would face tuff times.... But I signed up for all this. Just like everyone else did

So too answer your question: no I did not eat till I was told I could. Guess I just wanted it more than you. Guess that's why we are all successful LB patients. Can't wait to see how your doing in a year.

There are so many posts to this thread I may have missed it' date=' but does your doctor know you are eating this soon? I think I speak for alot of people on here when I say none of us probably chewed really well right off the bat...it's something you have to learn and it can take time. Some of us had to learn the hard way when we didn't quite chew well enough. I'm getting that your doctor did NOT prepare/ educate you on the lapband. Many basics you should already know, beginning with you DO have a pouch. Your doctor should have shown you a model or picture of where the band sits. You are not stupid, don't think that. It IS a very serious thing that your not following the instructions regarding the diet . Go to lapband.com. Lots if great info there.[/quote']

My doctor educated me and yes my doctor knows I am eating atleast one solid or mushy meal a day why just today I had chicken and dumplings she said I have progressed very well and rapidly and is very proud of me she actually gave me two stickers "like im a child" to congragulate mr on a job well done because since my surgury even while eating solid foods I have managed to lose anouther 5 lbs in a weeks time I was also told before I had the surgury that they atrach the band to the upper portion of yoyr stomach and as they fill it with saline it creats a snall pouch about the size of a golf ball and for right now she isnt as worried about the ammount of food I eat as she is me healing up but once thw inject the saline and restrict me and create the pouch then I will have to cut back on the ammount but for me that wont be a problem because im not eating alot as it is anyway I am eating much smaller portions and and following the caloric Protein fat carbs and sugar intake that I will have to later

Wow. Some one has their panties in a bit of a knot.... Stating the obvious is not being negative.

So you were made aware of what was expected of you before hand. You at a BURRITO.... So you did disregard the rules. Do you think that we all weren't starving after our surgery? Omg I was. But I knew going into this that I would face tuff times.... But I signed up for all this. Just like everyone else did

So too answer your question: no I did not eat till I was told I could. Guess I just wanted it more than you. Guess that's why we are all successful LB patients. Can't wait to see how your doing in a year.

Oh well im so glad to know that I will fail so misurabully because I just dont want it as bad as you did! Drat I guess I better just go have it taken out thwn cause obviously I just dont give two shits didnt study dudnt research or nouthing anything about this I just went to some quack who threw me under a knife and put it in without ever haveing a psych eval as to weather I can and will be abel to stick with the dietary requirements... I dont know why im just not as smart as you.... now maybe that will make you happy ya f**king goody two shoes because all of that was sarcasum but thanks for condeming me the way most others on here seem to do regaurdless of if your a successfull bandster or not its not an ekiet club that has no more room for members and frankly of this is the way people act after being banded then I dont wanna be in this little club with you... I will worry about me my health and my band and what ny doctor says and yall can take a flying kiss at my ass cause im done argueing about it with you

I guess I'm a little taken aback by your reaction OP. Perhaps everyone misunderstood your intention: did you only want people to tell you it was ok? That you weren't potentially doing enough damage to yourself to not only cause long term problems' date=' but perhaps even kill you? If that's what you were after, I'm sorry I offered any advice and I would have stayed out of this thread if I knew that to be the case.

I don't know you, you certainly don't know me, so except for the fact that you're a fellow human being and I don't like seeing others get hurt, I don't actually have an investment in you or your success. I only know my own success and the lessons I've learnt along the way the last 5 years. I made mistakes too, and if I can help someone NOT make those same mistakes, I try to. So I give advice freely, but whether someone takes it or leaves it is no skin off my nose.

If you want to eat now, and believe your hunger is somehow worse than anything any of us have felt, well ok. It sounds like nothing anyone can say will convince you otherwise anyway. Good luck whatever you decide to do.[/quote']

Lady it was a question of did you or did you not if you didnt how long did you wait it wasnt me asking is this ok if I did this if it had been me askibg is it ok if I eat I would expect someone to be honest while still being poliet and stateing I was told not to fo x ammount of time not to be rude nore did I ask or seek approval for something you deem wrong.. also please dont put words in my mouth I never saod that my hunger was worse than anyone elses so get of your high and mighty pedestal and try being nice to people

You know what? I've not been anything but civil to you, and apparently you are not at all capable of being the same. If anyone hasn't been nice in this thread, renewed_mind, it's been you. You are truly one sad human being if you think that how you have behaved is appropriate. And I, for one, am not wasting one more second of my time on you any further.

You know what? I've not been anything but civil to you' date=' and apparently you are not at all capable of being the same. If anyone hasn't been nice in this thread, renewed_mind, it's been you. You are truly one sad human being if you think that how you have behaved is appropriate. And I, for one, am not wasting one more second of my time on you any further.[/quote']

No no of course not your absolutly right insuuateing that I am similar to some chick who would go to mcdonalds and chew up burgers and spit them out because she was so desperate to eat them that was so cival... not goodbye as soon as I figure out how to deleate this I will

Although I know every surgeon has different guidelines, the differences are NOT that great. If I'm understanding correctly, you're claiming they told you it's "no biggy" that you had SOLIDS on your way home right after surgery... And that the only reason they didn't want you to have SOLIDS was to keep you from puking (btw, there's no "E" in puking)... I highly doubt that ANY surgeon, no matter how lax his rules are will be ok with that, so STOP LYING!! What are you, twelve, that you can't take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism?? Because that's what you've gotten in each and every answer, right up to the point where YOU become the "bully" you've accused others of being. For the most part, I like to give people the benefit of doubt, and do not like to "offend" anyone, but you, my friend, have serious issues. I suggest that right after you "delete your account", you go and sign up for anger management therapy, and most important, for an English 101 course, because, honey, your grammar needs the BAND!!

Although I know every surgeon has different guidelines' date=' the differences are NOT that great. If I'm understanding correctly, you're claiming they told you it's "no biggy" that you had SOLIDS on your way home right after surgery... And that the only reason they didn't want you to have SOLIDS was to keep you from puking (btw, there's no "E" in puking)... I highly doubt that ANY surgeon, no matter how lax his rules are will be ok with that, so STOP LYING!! What are you, twelve, that you can't take CONSTRUCTIVE criticism?? Because that's what you've gotten in each and every answer, right up to the point where YOU become the "bully" you've accused others of being. For the most part, I like to give people the benefit of doubt, and do not like to "offend" anyone, but you, my friend, have serious issues. I suggest that right after you "delete your account", you go and sign up for anger management therapy, and most important, for an English 101 course, because, honey, your grammar needs a BAND!![/quote']

Well you see thats where you are wrong you don't understand and you damn sure aint my friend it was not right after surgury I had surgury on froday stayed all day and night and left in the afternoon on satuday but that was irrelevant to it because all I asked was did you wait or not but everyone decides rather than answer one simple question to chew my ass for not doing what they think I should have done and b***h I aint liein I saw my doctor today and she sait it was no dig f**king deal and was amazed at how iver reactive all of you u are as for my spelling I will spell anything any god damn way I please if you dont like it then don't read it because yall have made such a bif fussy over nouthing that I just type back on my phonw I xould care less if it right or wronf or slideing in backwards and sidways 7 days till sunday up your ***** like that damn hucklebur is that has u in such a tisy so again I say f**k OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

You obviously love all this confrontation!!

Bit strange I guess..

Have you swopped a food addiction for an abusive addiction..

Why not just leave??!

Did they put fuild in you band right out of surgury or not? Because I dont have a pouch yet my band has no Fluid in it whatsoever

hehe... omg.. you don't have a pouch yet. I really think you need to go back to your doctor and tell him that... Ask him when your going to get you pouch.... i would Love to hear what he tells you after he stops laughing.....

Whether you can figure out how to delete your account or not, has nothing to do with you continuing the conversation. You are a very aggressive/defensive individual who needs to learn how to walk away.

The information your doctor is giving you (if you are accurately sharing it verbatim) is simply inaccurate and unsafe. May I suggest a second opinion? Oh wait, that would prevent you from eating your burrito so why the hell would you do that? You got about 10 different opinions here which you chose to ignore their message and warnings, rather you turned this into a fiasco that has really lost it's purpose.

We like to help those who want help, not leeches who suck our time, energy and resources for the sake of 'being right' (but we all know how dead wrong you are and that's the comical part about all of this)

So get off the forums, listen to your doctor (or the parts that sound good for you) and may you be as successful as your antics will allow you to be.

you really miss the opportunity to have a huge amount of support on your side. I went back and looked at just a few of the people that...ALL of which have lost are in the process of losing and are doing a great job..........We all Answered your question...it just wasn't the answer you wanted too hear.

And you are wrong this is an Elite Club...and im proud to be a member.... we have all been banded and went through everything you are going through now. Why not take what people tell you and learn from it.... If your doctor told you it was ok for you to eat the day after your LB surgery... then by all means follow what He/she says.... But i have to wonder if you were completely satisfied with his/her answer...Why then did you come here and ask. Obviously some where deep down you know that was not the right thing too do.

So you continue to live your life and we all with continue to be successful bandmembers.

Please stop the foul language...you might want to look at the root of your anger. Also if your doctor is telling you that you don't have a pouch until you get a fill then your not understanding the surgery you had. There are pictures all over the Internet and lapband.com to see this. NO lapnband doc would say its no big deal (and certainly wouldn't use vulgar language and say "no f/:"&$ing deal) that you ate right away. He/she should have also told you this first phase is about HEALING and not losing. No one on here wants you to fail but if you keep getting this erroneous info from your doc I'm beginning to wonder about them. May I ask where you had your surgery?

My doctor educated me and yes my doctor knows I am eating atleast one solid or mushy meal a day and is very proud of me she actually gave me two stickers "like im a child" to congragulate mr on a job well done because since my surgury even while eating solid foods I have managed to lose anouther 5 lbs in a weeks time

Either you're a BLATANT liarrrrrrrrr, or you doctor purchased her license in a gum ball machine for .75 cents. Either way, I'm calling you on your BS & LIES.... TheEnd ThatIsAll

Btw, the word LYING does not have an "e" neither.