Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe a little prayer or good thoughts?

Hi,

I hesitate to write this. I am a pretty straight forward ex-New Yorker, very "I can do this myself", "I don't need any help" take charge, research nut, control freak. I don't really like to ask for help. Kind of ticks me off. If anyone has noticed at all, my posts are pretty non-mushy and they end up sounding a tad sarcastic/funny which I don't mean in a bad way.

I pretty much am a foxhole religious person. I pray under duress, don't go to church (a lapsed Catholic) and I know God is there. I just don't like to bother Him too much if its not serious.

Ok, now thats out of the way-

I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow due to some pretty scary bleeding from the rectum (how attractive). It has been going on for a few months on and off. No rhyme or reason-no way to track it. Sometimes its almost like having a period in my butt (another attractive thought).

I have had a colonoscopy 5 years ago just as a base (I am 51). It was fine. I had a sigmoidoscopy (only goes up your bumm part way) 2 weeks ago for this bleeding thing. The doc didn't see anything. I (and the doc) was hoping that it would show hemrrhoids but nope.

So... I am a little worried. Being obese I have had the most terrible diet to get me this way. Fat, no veggies hardly, carbs.

It is not way out of the realm of reality that I could have the beginnings of colon cancer.

The other thing that is crazy about me is that when something good happens (like me finally taking the step to be banded and lose this weight)-something bad will happen in return. Oh the irony-

So with that looonnnnggg story- I have read your posts and I see that a lot of you are more grounded spiritually than I.

Can I beg your indulgance and ask for some prayers for tomorrow??

Thank you all very kindly

wow Diva, sounds like you are having a tough time.

Hope your colonoscopy goes well and you have as easy a recovery as my DH did with his.

(doh I didnt finish this) he had 3 or 4 small polyps that was causing the bleeding.

Sending good thoughts and a speedy recovery your way.

Diva the colonoscopy will be fine your rectum isn't that long becuase you are a tiny thing 5'2". You would be suprised at how many people have the same problems. My neighbor had the same thing going on and she had a colonscopy and there were 2 little tiny polyps that they burned off while they were in there. I saw the pictures and now she has a lovely colon.:rolleyes I had rectal bleeding before and my doctor did the little test and said everything was fine and I haven't had anymore bleeding for a few years. I will have a colonoscopy soon also just because I am getting older.

Don't claim negative things. Be positive, life is too short to be worried all the time.:D I see that you do know God, isn't he great. I was just talking him a few minutes ago. You should call:cell: him up sometimes when you are not under duress. He loves to hear from you. :sleep

Prayers and thoughts I am sending to you. Having had many, many, colonoscopy procedures, polups removed, etc. I understand your panic. Just remember, this is the most preventable area of concern with early detection of problems. You are doing the right things. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you both very much. Running to work now.

And Teresita I don't believe I have been called "a tiny thing" for at least 100 years. For that alone I am in your debt. :-)

*hugs*

I hope that everything goes well tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you. Please keep us updated. :D

Diva, God isn't bothered by the little stuff. He knows every corner of your heart, and loves you deeply, and cares for you. Honor Him by handing over what He wants, all of your cares! He can handle it. He's pretty big that way.

I'll be praying. (((hugs))))

Thanks guys. I'll be drinking my witches brew tonight so the bathroom and I will become more than friends. (yuckeroo).

And I really really do appreciate all your notes. I will indeed let you know how I make out.

Diva ~ I have lifted you in prayer. Please feel free to ask anytime and know your not bothering anyone, especially God!!! I'm a very independent woman as well and understand what your talking about. Keep your chin up and I'm sure you will be fine. Please let us know how things go after the "happy drugs" wears off.

BTW, you can take your pillow to the bathroom. I remember that stuff from when my DH had colon surgery. It's not a fun thing to do, I know. ~Hang in there~

Well Ms. Diva, You know Ill bet God isn't surprised to find out about your need, He knows our thoughts from afar, I know he is even jealous for your heart! I am praying that they find the reason for your bleeding and fix it asap! Do you remember the story of the woman who bled for 12 years and she said that even if I touch the hem of his garment...when she touched Him, he FELT the power go from Him and asked, Who touched Me? She fell before Him and confessed it was herself, when He said woman your faith has healed you, He meant that because you know Who I AM and you know what I can do, she was healed. It wasn't her power, it was her belief in his power. Pretty awesome eh? You can find these references in Mat 9:21 and Luke 8. Oh about the jealous for your heart, its true, His thoughts for us are as numerous as the sands on the sea. I really like that part. I think you would like to visit www.fathersloveletter.com . get some tissues, it touches a pretty deep part in me, and I love it, I watch it over and over sometimes.

Keep us posted OK? Take care.

Love, Victoriana

oh I forgot to mention, you need to click on the watch part then on the flash player part. bye

Thank you everyone. I am off to the colonoscopy funhouse. Last night was just a joy. blah!!! I will check in with the results after I come down from the loopy juice and eat something!!!!

BTW-you all are the best

I'mmmm bbaaacckkk!

So everything is ok. I was given some lovely drugs and there was no pain that I recall. ;-) I have some diverticuli (sp?) and some internal hemrroids that occasionally bleed (it doesn't get more attractive than that sentence does it?) DH and I are very relieved. Thank you all who had good thoughts for me. It is very much appreciated. And thanks to the whole LBT who kept me occupied all day between potty visits.

Great news...well sort of, at least now you know!! No more nuts or popcorn for you. My DH had 12" of his colon removed b/c of diverticulitus....he's was only 34 at the time (very poor eating habits). He had swelling the size of a grapefruit which is part of the reason they operated on such a young person (after the swelling went down of course). What is your course of action? I would imagine with the band, your eating habits will help control it. I will continue to pray for you!! :biggrin1:

OH OUCH!! I was told that insoluable Fiber is a real nasty thing for diverticulitis, I had IBS so I had to eat only fiber that is soluable. The soluable fiber absorbs Water and the insoluable fiber never softens and scratches the insides of our colons. I wonder what they will have you do to help yourself. Don't you have a very bloated feeling that goes with this? Man o man I hope you get relief soon!