Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know how other drs do it but my doctor didn't care if I had 20 shakes/drinks during the day as long as I stuck to liquids. He said it was about healing not losing, so I could have as much liquids as I needed to keep from feeling like I was starving.

Check with your doctor if this is the case. shakes will keep you satisfied (but obviously not full) for an hour or so, so as long as you keep drinking shakes, Water, broth, whatever, you should be able to stave off real hunger throughout your liquid diet. Don't get me wrong, I was dying for solid food by the end of the two weeks, but I never felt really hungry because if I did, I just drank something.

Thank you ALL!!! I'm staying the course but this is not easy!!!

No it's not easy so for every day that you get through where you complied with the rules, know you're a stronger person that you thought you were!

Thank you!!!! I never knew I could have this much will power!!!!

"This to shall pass". I was on liquids only for 4 straight weeks and that last few days I barely could gag broth down!! But then u get to scrambled eggs and cottage cheese stage and I mean they NEVER tasted soooooo good.

I was banned on 7/15 and now I'm on 30 days of full liquids. It is difficult and I'm struggling. I keep Ensure on hand at all times' date=' but cannot wait till 8/16 when I can start real food[/quote']

THIRTY DAYS?!! Why so long? I've never heard of anyone being 30 days postOp liquids.

I feel your pain...or I did! I had the mostly shakes diet Pre-op and Clear Liquids 1week post-op plus regular liquids during the 2nd week post-op and I was so weak and shaky, I thought I would starve to death. So, I understand totally. Plus, I got so sick of the sweet Protein Shakes, they started to make me gag. I did best with canned broth and bouillon. I also started cream Soups like cream of chicken (blended in a blender and very diluted) a few days early... I just could not choke down the shakes so I needed something! I did purchase unsweetened, unflavored Protein Powder I could add to soups and that really helped. I recently found Bolthouse Farms Protein Plus blended coffee (30 grams of protein, but does have sugar)--totally delicious and helps me since I still despise most protein shakes! You do not need to worry about calories now because you will not be able to get down much anyway so keep looking for a Protein Drink you can that you can drink all day. This will pass soon and you will get mushies which are glorious after the liquid hell!

I found chewing in ice helped as well during liquids. Was just nice to use your teeth for something