Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2013 Bandsters - How are you doing?

2 months tomorrow. I am doing well, thank you. I am pretty hungry often though. I can book another fill now.

How are you?

LessLee, You're coming up on the 2 month anniversary, how's things going?

I am doing great. I have found that being hungry between meals depends a lot on what I have. Protein Shakes and meat seems to last longer, Cereal for Breakfast makes me want to forage by mid morning. lunch I have gotten a workable standby. I have hummus and use fake crab legs(Transocean snackers 4 in a single serving pack) as a substitute for crackers or bread. That usually holds me until dinner. I have found also that my tastes for foods have changed. Hummus I never cared for and now could eat it five times a week. In the past week I have grilled beets and last night fennel bulbs. Any one else have their tastes change or now venturing out to different foods?

Yes, that is true. Must have protein! I am sorry if I asked already (just got back from vacation, so brain fog...) have you had fills?

I am back from vacation last week. We walked a lot! My fitbit said I burned over 2000 cal!

I also went in today for fill #2. I am now at 7.25 cc.

Forget that last one Gary, I see that you were postponed for a month. :)

Actually had my first fill this morning. I don't recall seeing anyone actually tell the story of getting a fill or the process of them poking around to find the edges of the port. I started at 4.5 during at the date of surgery and they added another 2 today. Looks like Soup for dinner tonight. Also had my regular doctor visit to review labs and he said to stop taking one of my BP medications. All in all a pretty good day.

Good luck!

I am on pureed this evening until tomorrow morning. I hope this fill brought me closer. I had some weird back pain today though...it went away after I tried a gas-x.

My nurse had to poke twice this time, but it's no problem and I hardly notice, but I am not afraid of needles. She feels around for the edges too.

I've had some back pain also. Recall having it at times also when I lost weight and I asked about it. The response was that you spine / muscles are adjusting to rebalance your body since the center of gravity is shifting. Not sure if I believe it or not, but until I hear otherwise it is the best suggestion so far.

Oh interesting thought.

I am really struggling fellow June bandsters. I feel like I'm stuck at a plateau and have been having a difficult time with head hunger. I'm still exercising a lot, but I also think I'm eating too many carbs and it has brought my weight loss to a crashing halt. Anyone else struggling at our 2 month post-op point? My fills are excruciatingly small and I feel like my band must be broken. Kind of down in the dumps tonight

I am sorry you are feeling down. Sounds like Bandster Hell and the fact that you have lost and not gained at this stage is a great accomplishment! I am around 23 lbs lost myself and it has been mostly because of my efforts to count calories and exercise.

Are you also measuring yourself?

Carbs and head hunger are the worst for sure. I too, have had some difficult moments! If I even look at junk food, I seem to stall or gain.

Hang in there! I am here if you want to chat.

I thought the same thing. I was doing fine before my first fill. I got the first two weeks ago. It was painful the first day. Now I can't even tell I have it. BUT... Now I am nof losing. In fact I had gained three pounds since this morning. Very discouraged tonight.

Hang in there. We will get to that green zone.

Since I am back on solids, I hardly notice a difference with this fill either.

I thought the same thing. I was doing fine before my first fill. I got the first two weeks ago. It was painful the first day. Now I can't even tell I have it. BUT... Now I am nof losing. In fact I had gained three pounds since this morning. Very discouraged tonight.

I got a 1cc fill (finally!) on Thursday and I can totally feel it. Things are looking up! :)

I got a 1cc fill (finally!) on Thursday and I can totally feel it. Things are looking up! :)

It's amazing when you feel the band start to do its job. I'm happy to hear you feel hopeful :-) When you are at that "sweet spot", it's wonderful! Less and less do I worry about getting out of control with food. My little "friend" keeps me in check, and it's a very secure feeling.

That's great! I am happy for you!

I don't believe I am there yet, but I am still not really sure what it should feel like. I don't notice much difference from before, except I do have to be careful with bite size and chewing more than before...I have heard that when you are there you will know it and I don't. lol