Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise Today

Kat: We had a bowflex machine that someone let us use until they moved into a bigger space. It was great. They are not hard to use and the instruction video and book that comes with it are very user friendly. I would highly recommend it. Wish I still had one!

My mother gave me her bowflex (clothes hanger) and it's awesome. Now if I don't feel like heading to the gym I can do the same exact workouts at home with the exception of a few... but my father used to have a universal gym and it was "ok" had alot of pieces and hard to keep up with, detach, put together, etc. The bowflex is easy to use. Very!

It's a 1k ish, depends on all of the attachments you buy with it.

Ive been working out guys, my regimine hasnt changed. I workout out 6 days per week and work different muscle groups each day. I do 45 minute cardio - 6 days per week. Just an FYI, b/c I don't post daily now.

Telly, what would you recommend for a beginner; I too would like to start weights - I want to be very toned! My weightloss thus far has been excellent, but I now must seriously start working out to get the body I want. Did you get a personal trainer; read books? ? How did you get your start? I ask you because I am impressed with the results you have gotten so quickly.

Thanks in advance.

Kat.

It's a 1k ish, depends on all of the attachments you buy with it.

Ive been working out guys, my regimine hasnt changed. I workout out 6 days per week and work different muscle groups each day. I do 45 minute cardio - 6 days per week. Just an FYI, b/c I don't post daily now.

I am 5 days post op and I did 30 min on the tredmill today and it felt really good. I had the ipod going, Water, and didn't watch the time the whole time.

HAS ANYONE USED THE BOWFLEX REVOLUTION? I ORDERED ONE FOR MY FAMILY FOR CHRISTMAS. IT WAS AROUND 3k AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOME THOUGHTS ON IT BEFORE I SET IT UP. THANKS FOR ANY INFO

i worked for a Ballet with the original bowflex guy - i would have bought anything that body was selling!! =) mmmm

on an exercise note... I finally made it 30 minutes on my ellipitical!! i think it took like 40 minutes but i stayed on it!

Telly, what would you recommend for a beginner; I too would like to start weights - I want to be very toned! My weightloss thus far has been excellent, but I now must seriously start working out to get the body I want. Did you get a personal trainer; read books?? How did you get your start? I ask you because I am impressed with the results you have gotten so quickly.

Thanks in advance.

Kat.

Hey Katgirl.

I recommend strictly cardio for at least a month, that way you can reduce fat/weight loss. As you are performing cardio, you are working your muscles however weight training/circuit - or free weight is a must! You should start using light weights, high reps, 3-4 sets as soon as 1 - 2 months out.

Cardio should be done 4-6 days per week at 35-45 minutes per day. Weight training should be 3 - 6 days per week, depending on what you are doing.

I had a personal trainer for a month who got me familiar with different lifts, diff equipment. They were 30 min sessions and you can't really get a whole lot out of a 30 min session.

If you are strong willed and disciplined then you may not need a trainer for anything other than to help get you familiar with the equipment.

Katgirl, if you can afford to hire a personal trainer, you should go for it. :( I've been pretty active off and on for my entire adult life. Used to lift weights 5-6 days/week with the "traditional" split, did cardio, etc. But I can tell you honestly that since I've been working with this trainer, I see better results in LESS time than I ever did working out on my own. I don't even recognize my arms these days. LOL I've got some serious shoulder, bicep and tricep definition. :eek:

Even though I *know* what to do and how to do it, it's different with a trainer. So you really might want to check out that option.

Cindy

Find the right trainer for you if you opt to have one. Some push you and some don't.

My mother gave me her bowflex (clothes hanger) and it's awesome. Now if I don't feel like heading to the gym I can do the same exact workouts at home with the exception of a few... but my father used to have a universal gym and it was "ok" had alot of pieces and hard to keep up with, detach, put together, etc. The bowflex is easy to use. Very!

Telly,

I'm considering purchasing a Bowflex. I've wanted one forever, but too afraid to make the investment for fear I wouldn't like using it and it would end up being a VERY EXPENSIVE CLOTHES HANGER. Which one do you have and how long have you been using it?

Telly, how doon did you start your ab work?

I am a little over 3 weeks out... i am currently doing at least 30 min a day on the elliptical and usually add a 1 mile walk (with my dog). I also weight train for my upper body, but aside from working on my arms./shoulders... I am afraid to do much of anything with my abs at this point.

I would love to be hitting the gym like you do in a few months. I figure you've done it so... you'd know best about the time line.

Any good suggestions for someone who is about a month out?