Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Reading?

I didn't see a topic for books. I love to read and hear about what others are reading. It's also a great distraction!

Tell me about what you are currently reading. :)

Finished Dan Brown's Inferno, now reading Steve berry.< /p>

Ah I have read 2 Dan Brown books. Is that your typical go-to genre?

I am currently reading,

To Die For: A Novel of Anne Boleyn

by Sandra Byrd.

I need something good to read at the beach this year. Last year I read the 50 Shades series and haven't been able to read a book since. :)

i found a diane chamberlin book at a road side yard sale and after i devoured it, i went to Amazon and ordered everything she wrote...here is what i am currently working on now:

The Midwife's Confession

Diane Chamberlain

The-Midwifes-Confession-thumb.jpg

Dear Anna,

What I have to tell you is difficult to write, but I know it will be far more difficult for you to hear, and I’m so sorry. . .

The unfinished letter is the only clue Tara and Emerson have to the reason behind their close friend Noelle’s suicide. Everything they knew about Noelle-her calling as a midwife, her passion for causes, her love for her friends and family-described a woman who embraced life.

Yet there was so much they didn’t know.

With the discovery of the letter and its heartbreaking secret, Noelle’s friends begin to uncover the truth about this complex woman who touched each of their lives–and the life of a desperate stranger–with love and betrayal, compassion and deceit.

Maybe you'll find some ideas here. :)

I need something good to read at the beach this year. Last year I read the 50 Shades series and haven't been able to read a book since. :)

That sounds interesting, never heard of her before.

i found a diane chamberlin book at a road side yard sale and after i devoured it, i went to Amazon and ordered everything she wrote...here is what i am currently working on now:

The Midwife's Confession

Diane Chamberlain

That sounds interesting, never heard of her before.

The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes

Diane Chamberlain

this is the one that got me hooked...

Twenty-eight years ago, a North Carolina governor’s young, pregnant wife was kidnapped. Now, her remains have been found and a man charged with her murder. Only one person-CeeCee Wilkes-can refute the charges against him. But CeeCee disappeared years ago. . .

Eve Elliot is a successful therapist to troubled students, a loving wife, a mother deeply invested in her family. But her happiness is built on a lie. When she was a lonely, vulnerable young woman, a single decision made in innocence led to a dark night of unimaginable consequences. Now, forced to confront her past, she faces another terrible choice: reveal to her family that she is not who she seems, or allow a man to take the blame for a crime she knows he did not commit. If the choice affected only her life, Eve is certain she would do what is right. But though inaction means condemning an innocent man, it also means protecting her family from the mistakes of her past.

Corinne Elliot has always known she was different: the only redhead in a family of brunettes, the paralyzing shyness that contrasts with her sister’s vivaciousness, the many fears-of highways, of bridges, of public spaces-that constrict her daily life. Still, with a new job possibility and a baby on the way, she’s found some measure of happiness-until the day she turns on the television and finds her mother’s image on screen.

Now, as the past explodes into the present, Corinne must confront the secrets she has always intuited, and find answers from the one person who knows the truth of what happened over two decades ago-CeeCee Wilkes.

post-219385-13813135140128_thumb.jpg

I read this book for a Western Religions class last semester. It's hilarious! There are so many crazy rules in the Old Testament. I started his next book "Drop Dead Healthy" but I have to read so much for school that I rarely read books for my own pleasure. But, I will finish it, eventually ;)

post-347899-13813141857377_thumb.jpg

With the passing of Scottish Sci-Fi author Ian Banks, I have started reading his Culture series.

I am currently reading "Consider Phlebas"

I recently finished "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks." It is in print and Kindle versions.

Description from Amazon: This title is an international bestseller. Her name was Henrietta Lacks, but scientists know her as HeLa. She was a poor Southern tobacco farmer whose cancer cells - taken without her knowledge - became one of the most important tools in medicine. The first 'immortal' human tissue grown in culture, HeLa cells were vital for developing the polio vaccine; uncovered secrets of cancer, viruses, and the effects of the atom bomb; helped lead to important advances like in vitro fertilization, cloning, and gene mapping; and, have been bought and sold by the billions. Yet Henrietta herself remains virtually unknown, buried in an unmarked grave.

Yay, lots of readers.

carolinagirl, Duh me! I have heard of her actually. I have the CeeCee book on my to read list on Goodreads. I'll have to bump that up on my list.

steph..... i read them last year too, but the series i'm reading now.... so much better... Never got into the twilight books at all.... but these.

Book One: Wrath's Story

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There also exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Among them, none relishes killing their enemies more than Wrath, the leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood...

The only purebred vampire left on the planet, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But when one of his most trusted fighters is killed- orphaning a half-breed daughter unaware of her heritage or her fate - Wrath must usher the beautiful female into the world of the undead…

Racked by a restlessness in her body that wasn't there before, Beth Randall is helpless against the dangerously sexy man who comes to her at night with shadows in his eyes. His tales of brotherhood and blood frighten her. But his touch ignites a dawning hunger that threatens to consume them both…

I read all the time. Very excited for the summer so I can read more. I am reading Fly Away right now by Kristin Hannah. It is the sequel to Firefly Lane.

I also highly recommend Bright Young Things and The Luxe!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk