Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Reading?

I love that book! That's an incredible story.

I am in a book club and we read it...loved it, too!

I am in a book club and we read it...loved it, too!

What's your book club reading now?

What's your book club reading now?

Well, this month we were supposed to read The Luminaries. Most of us, me included, couldn't get into it. Next month we are going to brunch...four days after I will get my sleeve. Guess I'll miss that!!! Not sure what we will read for January. October we read The Silver Star...really liked it.

Janet Evanovich Plum series is awesome. It takes a lot to make me laugh out loud, but these books do it. Highly recommended!! So far there are 19 books in the series and book 20 comes out November 19, cant wait!

Girl I am right there with you!! I'm counting down the days for book 20!!

Janet Evanovich Plum series is awesome. It takes a lot to make me laugh out loud, but these books do it. Highly recommended!! So far there are 19 books in the series and book 20 comes out November 19, cant wait!

I never fail to laugh my ass off while reading these.

I know!!! Lulu is a trip! Have you ever read any of her other books? "The Heist" is good too.

I know!!! Lulu is a trip! Have you ever read any of her other books? "The Heist" is good too.

I've only read the Plum series. Lulu is my favorite character!!! And her grandmother. The movie "One For the Money" was ok, but of course the book was way better.

I've only read the Plum series. Lulu is my favorite character!!! And her grandmother. The movie "One For the Money" was ok, but of course the book was way better.

I know, the movies are never as good. I own every book in the Plum series - even the between the numbers ones - LOVE them. You would prolly like her other books though. I love her sense of humor and she writes the same in all of them.

I know, the movies are never as good. I own every book in the Plum series - even the between the numbers ones - LOVE them. You would prolly like her other books though. I love her sense of humor and she writes the same in all of them.

I'll look up some of Janet Evanovich's other books for my kindle. I bet you're right and I'll love them. My daughter loves her, too. She just sits and laughs and laughs :)

Kk. Who else do you read? I like Gemma Halliday too

Kk. Who else do you read? I like Gemma Halliday too

I love Jodi Picoult, baldachi, and your basics like koontz, king, Patterson, etc. but truthfully, if you put it in my hands I'll read it. I have to admit, my daughter had to read The Hunger Games for school so I read it as well. Loved it so much I got the other two. Lol

I love Jodi Picoult, baldachi, and your basics like koontz, king, Patterson, etc. but truthfully, if you put it in my hands I'll read it. I have to admit, my daughter had to read The Hunger Games for school so I read it as well. Loved it so much I got the other two. Lol

Haha I have read alla the Hunger Games too!! And I just read my first Jodi Picoult - soooo good!!!

I was just posting on my 5:2 thread and thought I'd paste it here too :)

Wally Lamb books!

"She's come undone" is one of my favorites and " this much is true" but he also wrote a book called "couldn't keep it to myself"

About his time teaching writing to a group of female prisoners and it contains their writings, stories about their lives..

A snippet of the description, it is an awesome read..

:::::::For several years, Lamb has taught writing to a group of women prisoners at York Correctional Institution in Connecticut. In this unforgettable collection, the women of York describe in their own words how they were imprisoned by abuse, rejection, and their own self-destructive impulses long before they entered the criminal justice system. Yet these are powerful stories of hope and healing, told by writers who have left victimhood behind.::::::

It is followed by a book called I'll fly away...

By the way "she's come undone" is a haunting book.. I could not believe while I was reading it that a man wrote it..

I was just posting on my 5:2 thread and thought I'd paste it here too :)

Wally Lamb books!

"She's come undone" is one of my favorites and " this much is true" but he also wrote a book called "couldn't keep it to myself"

About his time teaching writing to a group of female prisoners and it contains their writings, stories about their lives..

A snippet of the description, it is an awesome read..

:::::::For several years, Lamb has taught writing to a group of women prisoners at York Correctional Institution in Connecticut. In this unforgettable collection, the women of York describe in their own words how they were imprisoned by abuse, rejection, and their own self-destructive impulses long before they entered the criminal justice system. Yet these are powerful stories of hope and healing, told by writers who have left victimhood behind.::::::

It is followed by a book called I'll fly away...

By the way "she's come undone" is a haunting book.. I could not believe while I was reading it that a man wrote it..

Laura, yes!! I love his books. I need to re-read She's Come Undone, I read it years ago when it was on Oprah's Book Club in the 90s but I remember loving it.

I most recently read "The Hour I First Believed" which I thought was just incredible too. Have you read it yet?

I'm going to look for the prison book you mentioned. He also has a new hardcover release, I just had it in my hand the other day at the bookstore but instead I went with "One Summer" by Bill Bryson which is non-fiction.

The new Wally Lamb is called "We are Water".

Anyway, I have already said, but to answer the thread -- I am reading "One Summer: America 1927" by Bill Bryson which I am enjoying very much so far.

:) :) :)