Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are You Reading?

Game of thrones series is awesome. Also The Outlander series will consume your life and is soon to be a Starz series. It's by Diana gabaldon. There's a whole almost cult following of Jamie and Claire! A good suspense' date=' murder mystery is The Gone Girl. Yes, I read a lot. Being a night shift nurse is either feast or famine so I try to feed my brain and not my stomach! ð[/quote']

I loved the Outlander series!! I'm a nurse too, so I loved all of the accurate medical details, and the Jamie and Claire romance, and the historical settings, and the time travel twist.

Also I adore anything written by Elizabeth Berg.

I loved the Henrietta Lacks book and loved it! And I just started a series of three books by Linda Lay Shuler titled She Who Remembers. I love to read!

Love Tom Clancy novels, he passed away today! RIP, Tom!

Janet Evanovich Plum series is awesome. It takes a lot to make me laugh out loud, but these books do it. Highly recommended!! So far there are 19 books in the series and book 20 comes out November 19, cant wait!

just finished one of my fave authors:

n157312.jpg

The move from New Jersey to Hilton Head, South Carolina, wasn't easy for the Russo family—difficult enough for Big Al and Connie, but even harder for their daughter Maria Graziella, who insists on being called Grace. At thirty-one and still, shockingly, unmarried, Grace has scandalized her staunchly traditional Italian family by moving in with her boyfriend Michael—who, though a truly great guy, is agnostic, commitment-phobic, a scientist, and (horror of horrors) Irish!\

Grace adores her parents even though they drive her crazy—and she knows they'd love Michael if they got to know him, but Big Al won't let him into their house. And so the stage is set for a major showdown—which, along with a devastating, unexpected crisis and, perhaps, a miracle or two, just might change Grace's outlook on love, family, and her new life in the new South.

I am currently reading the 8th book in the Haunted Series by Alexie Aaron. There are currently nine books in the series so I have purposely slowed down to make the last two last. I feel like I have come to know the characters and I will miss them when I'm done. I hope she continues to add to it!

I'm reading The Sound And The Fury by William Faulkner.
OMG!!! You're the only person I "know" that has ever read that book, besides myself. I read it twice, and probably need to read it AGAIN, as it is a very difficult book to read/comprehend.

I need something good to read at the beach this year. Last year I read the 50 Shades series and haven't been able to read a book since. :)

Then you MUST read "Gabrie'ls Inferno and Gabriel's Rapture" by Sylvain Reynard both awesome books and, in my humble opinion, were better written thatn 50 shades. Scored a 5 star on Good Reads.

Old thread but I'm always looking for new recommendations so thought I'd revive it.

Today I finished the Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri and started Amy Tan's new book, the land of amazement. After that, I plan to read Hild which looks very interesting.

Before that I read the 3 books in the Wool series, Veronica Roth's Divergent and Insurgent, w is for wasted, lee child's Never go Back, The Year Zero, China Mieville's Perdido street station, City and the City, and started he one with the underwater city but have put it aside for a bit. Oh and re-read Enders game.

What are you guys reading??

I recently finished "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks." It is in print and Kindle versions. Description from Amazon: This title is an international bestseller. Her name was Henrietta Lacks, but scientists know her as HeLa. She was a poor Southern tobacco farmer whose cancer cells - taken without her knowledge - became one of the most important tools in medicine. The first 'immortal' human tissue grown in culture, HeLa cells were vital for developing the polio vaccine; uncovered secrets of cancer, viruses, and the effects of the atom bomb; helped lead to important advances like in vitro fertilization, cloning, and gene mapping; and, have been bought and sold by the billions. Yet Henrietta herself remains virtually unknown, buried in an unmarked grave.

I love that book! That's an incredible story.

I have had a slow reading month. Picked up "Wolf Hall" by Hilary Mantel. I am still on a Tudor streak.

I love Wolf Hall. Haven't been able to get I to the sequel as much. Have you read it?

Janet Evanovich Plum series is awesome. It takes a lot to make me laugh out loud, but these books do it. Highly recommended!! So far there are 19 books in the series and book 20 comes out November 19, cant wait!

Absolutely love the Plum series.

If you like the vampire/werewolf/witch genre. You might like the Rachel Morgan (Hollow) series by Kim Harrison. Its fun and entertaining.