Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a buddy - north of Dallas

My name is Jessica Bilodeau. I was banded on 4/24/2013. I've been doing ok on the liquid diet but am looking forward to adding soft foods tomorrow.

I am hoping to find a buddy in the North Texas area. I live northeast of McKinney in a little town called Trenton. I would love to find someone in my area where we could get together once in a while to walk, chat, just to encourage each other. Some of my family was not supportive of my decision to have the lap band, but I know what I needed to do for myself, and I'm happy with my decision.

If you'd like to buddy up, even if you don't live in my area, please send me a message. I think this forum is such a good idea to encourage each other.

Jessica

I Just thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Stephanie and I live in Haslet, TX, North of Fort Worth. I don't think we live supper close, maybe 30 min or so apart. By the way, my daughters name is Jessica, plus before I was adopted my birth name (last) was Bilodeau. So I thought that was pretty neat, we have a couple of thing in common. Anyway, I am getting banded on the 28th of May so I'm just on a high Protein low carb diet for now. But I'd be glad to chat or whatever with you if you would like. Sorry, I've forgotten what I read. Are you banded yet if not do you know when? If you are when did you get it done?

Hi, Stephanie. That's a coincidence on the names. We adopted or oldest two boys and keep in contact with some of our previous foster kids. There's some more in common.

I was banded on April 24th. I have been on a liquid diet for a week and get to start eating soft foods tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a bowl of malt-o-meal. I read somewhere that that is a good transition food.

I had to do the high Protein, low carb diet for two weeks prior to surgery. It wasn't too hard. I had already been eating healthier, just not able to lose the weight.

I'd love to chat anytime, no matter where we live. Besides, we have a lot in common. Who knows, we could be related. Lol

Who did your surgery? I'm having mine done at Bariactic Solutions in Decatur. I'm not doing to bad on the diet except I noticed when my husband was eating some Cereal, something I would never be interested in, I actually wanted some and was craving it, and I was not even hungry. Did you have much pain and gas after the surgery? I'm a little bit nervous about it. There is another lady in her that's from Azle, TX. She is having her surgery May 2, so she is real close,she is keeping me updated too. Maybe we can all get together one day and talk. Do you work? How long did you take off? If your a housewife did you get to take off :) I'm in school and I have finals next week and then I won't go back till fall. My kids are all grown up so I'm in the clear there.Just me and my husband really. My oldest boy is in college and he lives with us, but I don't see him much. Well, I'll rap this up. Next time I will PM you and we can chat. Good luck with the mushie's

Hi my name is Tammy I live in Denton I go to McKinney every Wednesday to meet my friend that lives there would love to meet up and talk.

Hi my name is Tammy I live in Denton I go to McKinney every Wednesday to meet my friend that lives there would love to meet up and talk.

Hi Tammy,

I'm having my surgery in Decatur, TX on the 28th of May. Have you been banded yet? It's nice to meet people around me. I don't know anyone personally that has or is getting WLS. How are you doing? I found a WLS support group called OH Support in Keller, they meet the first Sunday of the month in case you were interested in something like that too.Well I just thought I'd introduce myself. I've talked to the lady in McKinney she is real nice.

Hi Spept04 yes I had my surgery in December. I have never been to a meeting but would love to. Do you know when the next on is ? I'm excited for you. You will be so happy you did it. Let me know if you need any help or have questions.

I believe the next meeting is Sunday the 2nd of June. I found the information on a forum called obesity help. The forum covers all weight loss surgeries. I think, but I'm not sure if you have to be a member to go to the meetings because they announce when the meeting is and then you RSVP on the site. I joined and I will find out for sure and let you know. I'm sure they welcome anyone. But it is in Keller Plaza Center, 303 N. Main Street I don't think I can make the next meeting because my surgery is the 28th of May. I'll have to see. I will let you know what if anything you have to do.

Hi, Tammy. I love your user name. I lived in Lewisville for a few years before we moved further north. I think I prefer the country. I'm not far from McKinney. My youngest son works at Wal-Mart there.

It would be great to meet up some time. I won't be able to this week, but next week would be great. I've love to chat with someone who is further along in her journey. Did your friend that you meet up with also have lap band?

Look forward to seeing you.

My name is Jessica Bilodeau. I was banded on 4/24/2013. I've been doing ok on the liquid diet but am looking forward to adding soft foods tomorrow.

I am hoping to find a buddy in the North Texas area. I live northeast of McKinney in a little town called Trenton. I would love to find someone in my area where we could get together once in a while to walk' date=' chat, just to encourage each other. Some of my family was not supportive of my decision to have the lap band, but I know what I needed to do for myself, and I'm happy with my decision.

If you'd like to buddy up, even if you don't live in my area, please send me a message. I think this forum is such a good idea to encourage each other.

Jessica[/quote']

Hello there my name is Kerry with a capital guy lol I live in north Texas in a town called Mobeetie about 32 miles from Pampa. I was banded on April 16 2012 and as of date have lost 83 pounds. I'm not an expert by any means but maybe I can help out when needed just send a message. Congrats on finally changing your life for the better and u will ???Ž

Hi my name Lisa and I was Banded on April 3 2013, and twice I have had saline once 3 cc and second time 3 1/2 cc and have lost no weight but my doctor said to be patient after the third visit things should start picking up. So far I am on stand still its so frustrating. I sure can use some support and help! My FB naheed1967@yahoo,com

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk