Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need support- im terrified.

I'm 22 weeks along (baby boy!) we are thrilled And the baby is developing steadily... In trying HARD to be good, but I began binging again. I'm up 25 pounds after being at goal for almost 2 years. (140 pound total loss) I had to get my band completely unfilled due to that nasty norovirus. The vomiting was so intense I couldn't wait a moment longer to unfil (virtually no morning sickness, this happened at about 16 weeks) I've gained my last 13 pounds since then and I'm terrified I'm going to blow it. I need to recommit, I'm making terrible choices, all I want are inflammatory foods like cheese, chocolate, fried stuff... I could cry. I began using my bow flex 3 times a week, for only 15-20 minutes as to not over do it. But I'm still so scared. I have zero restriction. Two night ago I actually ate to overful.. I haven't felt that over fullness in so long... I'm so terribly dissapointed in myself.

Sorry your having such scares....but I know how that goes....I think at some point were all there....when I find myself drifting for a better word.....I keep that water bottle close in hand 24/7 !!! and I drink and drink....cuz I know Im not really hungry just need to do something.....You can beat this....but its not always easy....forse yourself to wait 5 mins when your feeling that urge....try just getting out of the house for a fast walk 10 mins....get all junk food out of the house....if you have to bindge do it with veggies...Good Luck Hun

Pregnancy is a difficult time to remain compliant with our diet...but some weight gain is expected, so be accepting of that.

With 2 of my pregnancies, I gained 85 pounds, and then 65 pounds, and I did not have the band. I lost all of the weight both times, but it took over a year to do so. Don't allow yourself to get too concerned, as then it will become a recurrent cycle for your thoughts.

As Dee wisely mentioned, keep,drinking your fluids. Any Snacks should have Protein. Try to only eat bandster friendly foods. Make it more difficult to get to those foods which you know you to be less preferred for a bandster, and measure your portions for everything.

Be ok with any weight gain, it will only be temporary.

Best wishes for a happy Labor Day!

I've promised myself no more dairy. I'm intolerant to casein, so I shouldn't be eating it anyway. Today I've recommitted. I'll snack on nuts, berries and granola like I did when I was actively losing. I'll drink my fortified soy milk for Calcium and at least one salad a day. But no more cheese or butter or chocolates. I gotta stop this. I look forward to after pregnancy and getting into my hot yoga and running again. Warrior dash.. This is the first year since I started my journey I won't be participating. I will keep my Water bottle near. Thank you ladies... It is so hard to watch the scale go the other way again.

We have lots of fruit, Jerky, pickles, tuna salad around all the time. We mostly munch on apples, melons, pears, blueberries, pineapple. All good for us but sometimes they can stop a weight loss program due to the high carb content, but still better than chips, candy, Cookies, processed food products.

tmf

I agree with all of the above. I just wanted to add, just think about giving that new baby boy good nutrition. He doesn't need sugars and fats racing threw your body.

Congratulations!

Thanks. Yes I just get caught up. Now right now it starts, late afternoon to bedtime I become insatiable, and I always start my day with a mic Breakfast and a wholesome midmorning snack, a good lunch and then an afternoon snack... But then it just triggers something after lunch, I have that snack and I'm still hungry. I try to ignore it, I work out I clean I walk I drink Water, still can not stop thinking about food.< /p>

This is the age old question? Egg before the chicken or chicken before the egg? Hungry before thinking of food or thinking of food makes you hungry?

I find myself in front of the fridge every day looking at food. But It's so much easier now to stop, ask myself, am I hungry? Usually the answer is no, close fridge door.

Can you differentiate between a craving for food vs. a pure hunger signal from your stomach/body? If not, you should speak to a nutritionist at least and possibly get some counseling from a psychologist?

tmf

While I agree with all the posts, the bigger issue is I think the pressure you are putting on yourself. That's not healthy. You are pregnant and bringing life into the world. Some weight gain is to be expected and you have to stop stressing so much - that's REALLY not healthy. Try to eat clean, but don't say "I can never have this again" because you'll fail and then beat yourself up. Pregnancy is a beautiful thing and a once in a lifetime opportunity. Enjoy it and don't be so critical honey!

If it helps any (which I doubt it does) I had gastric bypass, lost 100 pounds and then during my pregnancies gained probably 40 pounds. But it came off quick after, even with me eating not so great during pregnancy. I found it really easy to get back on track right after and a lot of my crap eating was craving related.

Feel good!

This is the age old question? Egg before the chicken or chicken before the egg? Hungry before thinking of food or thinking of food makes you hungry?

I find myself in front of the fridge every day looking at food. But It's so much easier now to stop, ask myself, am I hungry? Usually the answer is no, close fridge door.

Can you differentiate between a craving for food vs. a pure hunger signal from your stomach/body? If not, you should speak to a nutritionist at least and possibly get some counseling from a psychologist?

tmf

With all due respect...at this time in a woman's life, there are an amazing amount of internal changes happening. Hormones are gyrating, and in essence the child does temporarily take precedence over the mother.

The normal rules of understanding how to manage one's appetite and cravings temporarily do not apply. Been there, done that. I gained alot of weight trying to keep extreme nausea at bay. It was something I had to do at the time to survive the pregnancy.

Not meaning to devalue or negate your posts, just trying to share a female perspective to a uniquely female experience.

I truly find myself hungry all day. Before I became pregnant (3rd child btw!) I had maintained for almost 2 years my goal weight! And food cravings were never an issue. I only ate when I needed to and if I found myself craving something I shouldn't I could usually distract myself and exercise always helped keep those cravings at bay. But now, I'm hungry before during and after working out lol. I do need to chill out, I'm stressing it while loving my tummy... I'm just conflicted. I can't find a happy medium. Even eating the right foods I still just want to keep eating!

How about getting your Vitamins checked? Maybe you are lacking in something and because of being pregnant your body really is craving it.

Can you eat some Protein first and then cave into the cravings? In other words, tell yourself you can eat the brownie but only after 6 oz of chicken. At least then you won't be eating so many calories. Pregnancy is tough, those darn hormones.

I don't know, I take a lot of Vitamins and my blood tests didn't show any deficiency's except some slight anemia, which I've always had and have been taking Iron for it. I know I shouldn't be eatin dairy, I'm allergic/intolerant to it and for some reason I crave it! Especially chocolate. Well yesterday I ate roughly the same amount of calories (around 2000/2100) but just eliminated all dairy. It's an inflammatory food, so I wonder how much I've gained is really swelling. I'm down 2 pounds, and without dieting, eating when I'm hungry, light activity and just no dairy. I'm hoping I can keep this up.