Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - May 2006

Thanks Tricia!! You have no idea how excited I am!! I called Pnut when I got the news, and she said we should start a betting pool on how much i will lose just from the surgery LOL I guess that means I have to post pics of my yucky belly. LOL
You're welcome, my dear. LOL @ a betting pool. That might be fun.

But remember, you don't have to post any pictures you're not comfortable with, ok?? :) Please don't feel obligated to do so.

oh you are talking to a girl who has little modesty. LOL i have taste, but no modesty. i say yucky just cause it is yucky. but i don't mind showin. thanks for looking out for me though chickie. i am with a good group. :)

OK all I think I"m back. For a little while anyway.

I will try to get the guts to step on the scale tomorrow morning.

All the hospital food and quicky meals I have had lately, who knows what it's going to say? Keep your fingers crossed for me!! :)

Funnyduddies..

I wanna see! I wanna see! MUST SHOW PHOTOS OF BELLY BEFORE AND AFTER SURGERY :D

telly - are you a PICTURE addict now? lol j/k had to tease ya!

on a serious note -- can all of you please support TrishS who has a journal going -- after you read it you'll understand - she has been thru hell and back again with the band -- she really needs support and I know this is one place she'll get lots of it! thanks GFG gang!

Oh MO....

I am a scale, tape measure and Water addict but I must confess, I really am a photo addict.

i'm getting the pics i sent to my surgeon together so you guys can see. be forewarned. its ugly. LOL but we are all fat here...or at lease some of us. others have reached onederland, and others are on their way. :D be glad you don't look like me. HA! *sigh* what ever happened to that 100 pound cheerleader that turned into this bod.

So here is the deal. These are the pics I sent to the surgeon. I will be taking pics the night before surgery and posting them. Then I will take after pics as well as a weigh in before and approx a week after (to get rid of surgical fluid). The bet is how much weight do you think is going to be removed from having this surgery? Keep in mind these pics are basically to show what is being removed, and the pics before surgery will (hopefully) be different.

Funnyduddies....you are going to feel so much better after the apron removal! I think you are doing the right thing to have this done now, especially since you mentioned that it will make it easier for you exercise from the get-go after banding. Is this an easy recovery surgery? It isnt as extensive or invasive as a full blown TT right?

Wanted to add that I am still in a funk. I have lost my spark and motivation this week. I ate like a pig for days pre-TOM and then totally lost my appetite this past week. I am not eating right, skipping meals, not getting enough protien OR veggies. I drank about 5 glasses of wine on Sunday... we had a pool party and did brisket, sausage, and the works..... and I ate nothing ALL DAY, just 5 glasses of Chardonnay (in as many hours). Today I had zero Breakfast, maybe 5 nachos for lunch, and 1 slices of brisket for dinner. I have lost 2-3 lbs because of the horrid meal skipping, but it was only what I had gained from TOM. I need some tough love here Club. I have packed a good lunch and have 4 bottles of Water to take to school tomorrow. I have got to get back on the bandwagon here!

it does not mess with the stomach muscles. It is just the fat removal. But it is a tough recovery. Not as hard as a TT, but I will be there in Mexico for 7-9 days, then off my feet here at the house for another week or two. I heal pretty quickly, so I am hoping this will not be too bad.

Funny, I an so excited for you!

I would give my eye teeth to have my skirt removed right now, but that is not possible since I just bought a new SUV today (my explorer got totaled 5 weeks ago).

I would love to hear the details. Who is your surgeon, where in Mexico will it be done, cost? Will you meet with the surgeon before the big day? Where will you recover the 1st few days? Will you have your band done in Mexico also? I am so nosy! It's just so wonderful for you. Congrats,

Kim

I am happy to answer all the questions!! :D

My surgeon is ALEJANDRO CARDENAS who is a platic surgeon in Monterrey MX. I got his name and information from Ready4Achange.com who also coordinates for my Lap band doctor, Dr. Sanchez. The total cost is $4200. This includes everyhting but hotel and airfare. I may be able to stay at the guest house that Dr. Sanchez uses for his patients if there is room, but if not they will be setting me up in a hotel nearby. I will be in the hospital for one night after the surgery, then must stay in a hotel for about 5 or 6 days after. I might stay longer. Depends on ticket prices, and how I am feeling. I will be going back down to Monterrey for my lapband surgery about 3 months later with Dr. Sanchez.

Woohoo! I don't think i am going to sleep tonight. HA!

Thanks so much Funny, I will check out the website. I would not be able to sleep either. July 7th is SO FAR! I'm such a little kid! Are they doing your belly button too? I know if I didn't have this discusting skirt I would be a size 12 instead of an 18. I am so jealous lol!

Kim

Funny - thanks for sharing your photos. I look forward to seeing the "after" photos and hearing about your experience. :D

liana - *hugs* to you, my dear. I hope you feel better soon.

MoOrLess - I'll visit Trish's journal and send her some good thoughts. Thanks for giving me the heads up.

Funny~

Could you explain what the difference is between a Tummy Tuck and the apron removal? Does a tummy tuck just make you more bikini ready? I am thinking that what you will have done is what I Will want.

I am SO happy for you!! Can't wait to see your after pics. You rock girl!