Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone cheated on the pre-op diet, but did great with the band?

Surgery today so I guess we will see how it turned out

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Yes, surgery was today and the Doctor said i did well. He had to fix a hernia, but he said that was fine too. My shoulders are not hurting so bad, but my back and stomach are. I tried walking around my living room, and that was painful. We´ll see how tomorrow goes. I am so uncomfortable.

Yes, surgery was today and the Doctor said i did well. He had to fix a hernia, but he said that was fine too. My shoulders are not hurting so bad, but my back and stomach are. I tried walking around my living room, and that was painful. We´ll see how tomorrow goes. I am so uncomfortable.

I'm glad surgery went well! Hope you start to feel more comfortable...

Great question. I somehow managed to get through my 2 week liquid diet without cheating, but boy, I was bad post surgery. Think a big part of my issues post surgery was the ridiculous pre-op diet.

It was absolute hell. I dealt with it by sleeping a lot and drinking tons of crystal light and eating tons of sugar free Jello.

I doubt you will be in trouble from cheating, but I've read a few posts where the doctor will stop the surgery if the liver is too large. I can't imagine how horrible that would be.

Glad your doing good!!! I had hernia too and dr fixed it. Keep walking!!! Pray for no gas pain,,it hurts:(. U will do just fine!!!

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

How is everyone doing???? I had my surgery yesterday. I'm way sore. Shoulders hurt. Having a hard time urninating <(TMI) I know. But I'm so happy to finally have had it done. Update please. We were all May surgeries. My curiosity is killing me.

I'm currently on Day 5 of my Pre-Op diet and my surgery is on May 21st.

I started my Pre-Op diet on May 5th instead of May 7th just to get the grip of things. I haven't had any issues since I have started and it feels great.

My Pre-Op diet:

Breakfast:

Baratric Advantage chocolate Protein shake w/1 cup (8oz) of skim milk, 1 table spoon of reduced fat PB and handful of ice blended.

Lunch:

Baratric Advantage chocolate Protein Shake w/water in a Blender Bottle.

Dinner:

Weight Watchers dinner

snack (After work)

Baratric Advantage Chocolate Protein Shake.< /p>

I have to have at least 3 or 4 protien shakes a day.

My Pre-Op is a high Protein calorie controlled diet. 800-1100 calories per day with 50g-60g carbs 90g-120g of protien.

Though I would those this out there since everyone is comparing :)

-Amine

How is everyone doing???? I had my surgery yesterday. I'm way sore. Shoulders hurt. Having a hard time urninating <(TMI) I know. But I'm so happy to finally have had it done. Update please. We were all May surgeries. My curiosity is killing me.

Welcome to the "other side". There are a lot of May banders on 2 other topics, "May banders" and "First one for May?". I think they are on the Pre surgery forum. We would love to hear your story.

I had a very bad day today. Cheated a lot.now the guilt is getting to me. I have been on it for 11days. I did cheat a little. But today was very bad. What do I do. I am reading about people who lost 15 pounds or so, I lost 4 pounds, and I walked twice.

I had a very bad day today. Cheated a lot.now the guilt is getting to me. I have been on it for 11days. I did cheat a little. But today was very bad. What do I do. I am reading about people who lost 15 pounds or so' date=' I lost 4 pounds, and I walked twice.[/quote']

Hi Lorac...don't be too hard on yourself. Do be very honest with the doctors office. This diet is meant to shrink your liver so they can view your stomach properly when operating. If you stop cheating...your body will take the energy from your liver instead of the food you're eating and it will shrink.

Make sure you give them a call and explain what you've eaten. If you go under general anesthesia and have the doctor find out he doesn't think this will work that would be awful.Tell them. I'm sure you're still okay...and at least they can help you. They are there to make sure that the.operation goes smoothly so if you're honest with them theyll know what to do.

Try promising yourself 1 hour at a time. Don't think of the big picture. Water has helped me a ton. Everytime I think I want something to eat...I have Water instead. You can do this...hang in there!!!

Try not to feel guilty...your current body is from your past life of eating. Can you start eating for your new healthy self and picture how you're going to look? Try going on line and finding pics of healthy weighted people. Or...come on here and look at the amazing things they've done. That will be YOU!!

Have a great weekend...you can do this!!

Well i can honestly say this is a diet that i did not cheat on.I didn't want to even think what would happen if the doctors couldn't do the surgery because i cheated and ate.No way!!!I remember that i even went to a pool party and i was the only one only drinking water.Everyone else was eating and drinking.That was a real test.But i figured i came this close to get the surgery that i wasn't going to blow it.So think twice about cheating.Its not worth it and or having to have open surgery instead of laparoscopically.If you can't sacrifice 2 weeks then how are supposed to change your eating habits the rest of your life.Just saying!Good luck to all if you new upcoming so to be banders!

Hey all. I was reading what you ladies were saying, and I do agree that sticking to your doctors plan is best. However, the whole point of having the LB surgery is because we clearly had some issues with food. It is not always easy going from overeating to not eating and drinking liquids only. Regardless of what everyone says on here, we have all cheated on way or another. Yes it is important to change your mindset on food, but I wouldn't say if you don't stick to tour pre-op, you won't do well with the band. The best thing to do is get back on the band wagon and keep going. Everyday is a learning process. You really have to just take it one day at a time. If you do have a bad day of eating wrong foods, best advice is to be active and drink plenty of Water. However, what grkprincess said is true. If your liver has not shrank enough, you could put your surgery in jeopardy. So make sure you stick to the plan as much as possible. Also, maybe you should consult your doctor, and inform them that you are struggling with your pre-op and see if there is anything he will allow you to eat. So it won't be as rough for you. I wish you goodluck and keep us updated.

Hey all. I was reading what you ladies were saying' date=' and I do agree that sticking to your doctors plan is best. However, the whole point of having the LB surgery is because we clearly had some issues with food. It is not always easy going from overeating to not eating and drinking liquids only. Regardless of what everyone says on here, we have all cheated on way or another. Yes it is important to change your mindset on food, but I wouldn't say if you don't stick to tour pre-op, you won't do well with the band. The best[/quote']

I absolutely agree that just because someone cheats on their pre-op doesn't mean that they are going to not do well with the band. There are tons of people who do great with the band who cheated. I wouldn't recommend cheating, but it isn't a death sentence. If someone cheated everyday with horrible foods I might question their commitment but if they had a slip up or two they aren't doomed Lol. Hope everything is going well for you!!

In fact today at my appointment my nut asked me if I had tried any soft foods (I was on purée), I replied "no I'm on purée, I didn't think I was allowed" she then said "well that doesn't stop a lot of people" Lol. Cheating pre-op is one thing but man post-op I'd be afraid to just because your stomach is healing. But, apparently a lot of people do it. At least inCincinnati anyway!